Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Her look in Johns/McKeever's run was OOC.

Her appearance in Yara Flor's ongoing was the first time in a while she's dressed in a way that *feels* like Cassie.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I liked the red and yellow look she had in the Johns/Mckone run. I think it made sense building on how her look and style grew over time during PAD's YJ run.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Young Justice Targets #4 covers

I love this costume for Cassie. I find that her current comic book costume doesn't sync in terms of the color choices. The browns and grays really deaden it for me.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Her look in Johns/McKeever's run was OOC.

Her appearance in Yara Flor's ongoing was the first time in a while she's dressed in a way that *feels* like Cassie.
    The costume used in the Yara Flor series is also the one used in both Bendis and Fitzmartin's Young Justice runs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I love this costume for Cassie. I find that her current comic book costume doesn't sync in terms of the color choices. The browns and grays really deaden it for me.
    Well, I guess we're in disagreement then. I find that costume generic and lacking in personality.

The costume used in the Yara Flor series is also the one used in both Bendis and Fitzmartin's Young Justice runs.
    I know. I'm glad that it's becoming her default look in other places as well.

I like her YJ look too. I think it's a very "Wonder Girl-esque" costume and shows Cassie maturing as a character...it's just too bad the show barely focuses on her enough to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I wouldn't say the skirt is out of character, her style has changed significantly since her debut to be somewhat less tomboy-ish, so it's possible to be part of her development. What's not is the overly dressed, that's a huge step back and not really a bonus for the character. Should YJ come out of this Dark Crisis with a new book or even should be become more used in the WW books, she definitely needs a better outfit.
    This one?

Hehehe... oh yes, that look had a lot of story behind it...

also.. pretty sure the Kents are thinking: "Yay! Grandchildren!" Yeah, as far as "maturing as a character" goes.. that's a lot of it.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 08-06-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This one?

also.. pretty sure the Kents are thinking: "Yay! Grandchildren!" Yeah, as far as "maturing as a character" goes.. that's a lot of it.
    gotta love that somehow Komns neck is so huge that when Cassie wears his shirt it perfectly shows her boobs.

But i miss this couple

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This one?

Ha! I loved this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    gotta love that somehow Komns neck is so huge that when Cassie wears his shirt it perfectly shows her boobs.

But i miss this couple
    Boyfriend shirts work in mysterious ways.

(Good thing she kept her pants on...)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

All this time I feel like Cassies YJ costume was giving me deja vu and it finally clicked. Justice Lords WW.

All this time I feel like Cassies YJ costume was giving me deja vu and it finally clicked. Justice Lords WW.

Looks a little more like Diana’s suit in Justice League: War to me (except with pants)

I like how the Justice Lord's epithah was; 'we're evil now so we should be more stylish now'.

Some of those Justice Lord costumes were even better than the characters classic costumes. Especially Superman, Batman and Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like how the Justice Lord's epithah was; 'we're evil now so we should be more stylish now'.

Some of those Justice Lord costumes were even better than the characters classic costumes. Especially Superman, Batman and Hawkgirl.
    I watched a documentary on fashion in films and in it they said villains are usually better dressed. Apparently costume designers use outward vanity as a sign of inner immorality.

Young Justice Targets #4 covers

My problem with this look for Cassie is unless the highlight is changing the colors the black comes out of nowhere and doesn't extend to the lower part of the costume like the Justice Lords WW. I almost always like opera length gloves though.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    My problem with this look for Cassie is unless the highlight is changing the colors the black comes out of nowhere and doesn't extend to the lower part of the costume like the Justice Lords WW. I almost always like opera length gloves though.
    Definitely would have been better if the black parts remained red. I wonder if they were trying to actually call back to Wonder Woman's costume: Is that black actually a dark blue?
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.