Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cassie in the Artemis one shot preview

They're really doubling-down on this detective thing. And angry Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    That cover needs to actually happen in the comic.
    No it doesn't. This isn't Civil War

I never read Young Justice, but it seems that this mini tries to question those years regarding how the series was written and the treatment of the ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I never read Young Justice, but it seems that this mini tries to question those years regarding how the series was written and the treatment of the ladies?

So much for Cassie and Cissie's friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post

This is hilarious.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The JL doesnt fight women who are evil? They don't fight villains from other countries? But most importantly they dont fight people who are trying their best?

Im all for showing the "toxic" side to superheroics and having people choose a life outside it but this all is very forced.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The JL doesnt fight women who are evil? They don't fight villains from other countries? But most importantly they dont fight people who are trying their best?

Im all for showing the "toxic" side to superheroics and having people choose a life outside it but this all is very forced.
    Cissie points are good, but they made no sense in the context of the story or her character. She left YJ on her own terms and in a good way, avoiding the trauma that Cassie and company went through after they joined the TT. There's no reason for her to be so embittered.

I'd argue that the JL isn't doing enough fighting and goes after the wrong people, since the Al Ghuls genocided Markovia and put Geo Force in jail for avenging the genocide.

"Fighting people the Justice League didn't understand. Like women." When did that actually happen? YJ had a pretty eclectic roster of villains and they were pretty straightforward.

I mean...Harm was definitely not a woman.

Tim, Conner, and Bart's "privilege" barely factored into the team, at least to the point where they never overshadowed the girls.

Of course they're privileged, they boys had multiple solo ongoings, while Cassie still has zero

Both issues of Dark Crisis Young Justice have been pretty bad. Like...actual trash tier bad, feels like it was written by someone who hates Young Justice and every character in it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Both issues of Dark Crisis Young Justice have been pretty bad. Like...actual trash tier bad, feels like it was written by someone who hates Young Justice and every character in it lol.
    The irony of the writer taking shots at the original book while trying to bank on the nostalgia of it to sell her own is very funny to me.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Of course they're privileged, they boys had multiple solo ongoings, while Cassie still has zero
    Yeah, just a mini. Which explains the anachronistic 2006-11 era logo on the cover - they never made a Wonder Girl version of the 1992-2006 Wonder Woman logo which was in use throughout YJ's original run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Cassie being “dependent” on the boys to get books to appear in because she’s “their” Wonder a girl as compared to Donna would be an accurate and stinging meta-commentary to make, as would the fact that she often wound up being a lower priority than they did…

…But I distinctly remember Cassie becoming her most popular and mature form in Young Justice, particularly as their leader. Which, unless I’m mistaken, she’d become because Peter David had focused on writing character arcs for the non-solo character like her, and Cassie had wound up becoming the most mature and leadership-capable member of the team.

I feel there’s definitely good meta-commentary to make with the books and characters, but I feel like this particular mini-series is taking shots at less troubling problems than it could, and even misrepresenting some things for a more conventional meta-commentary that might better apply to other books and shows
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Fighting people the Justice League didn't understand. Like women." When did that actually happen? YJ had a pretty eclectic roster of villains and they were pretty straightforward.

I mean...Harm was definitely not a woman.

Tim, Conner, and Bart's "privilege" barely factored into the team, at least to the point where they never overshadowed the girls.
    Yeah, I can't remember the villains being made up of the people Fitzmartin claims they were. Like Darkseid wasn't, the dude who Cisse went after was an entitled white incel, Bedlam wasn't, etc

Young Justice Targets #4 covers

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman