Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Will she be more than guest star like the first 2 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Will she be more than guest star like the first 2 issues?
    Hard to say, but those are some great covers (especially the one with just her and Stargirl).

Yeah, I have no idea how much focus will be on her. Just thought you guys would appreciate the art.

Though in issue 2 she does promise that she and the rest of the Outsiders will help Garfield to rescue Perdita.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

By Dexter Soy and Veronica Gandini: https://twitter.com/dextersoy/status...27743645179909
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

That'd be a great costume for Cassie. Athletic. Casual. Still feels a bit like superhero costume

Looks like a Cassie if she was raised on Themyscira.

That'd be a great costume for Cassie. Athletic. Casual. Still feels a bit like superhero costume
    Noooooooo, it's terrible. Everything is terrible. It's overly casual, the two shirts look cheap, the braids are like cartoon bunny ears, but the most egregious part, are those long shorts with gladiator sandals.

It's a style thing, but the actual drawing is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Noooooooo, it's terrible. Everything is terrible. It's overly casual, the two shirts look cheap, the braids are like cartoon bunny ears, but the most egregious part, are those long shorts with gladiator sandals.

It's a style thing, but the actual drawing is great.
    Lol, do you think her current costume is that much better?

Lol, do you think her current costume is that much better?
    No, her curent look is bad because it's too many colors and something a tween would wear, but it's better than that one. Though few and far between Cassie has actually had some good costumes. I like her best in just red and gold and if given my way she'd wear a sleeker, updated, Fury costume.

WW Fury_Infinity_Inc.jpg

All you'd have to do is make the boots like Diana's and Yara's and tone down the headgear. I even like the cape because it adds gravitas and separates her from the other Wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No, her curent look is bad because it's too many colors and something a tween would wear, but it's better than that one. Though few and far between Cassie has actually had some good costumes. I like her best in just red and gold and if given my way she'd wear a sleeker, updated, Fury costume.

WW Fury_Infinity_Inc.jpg

All you'd have to do is make the boots like Diana's and Yara's and tone down the headgear. I even like the cape because it adds gravitas and separates her from the other Wonders.
    Yeah, but Cassie isn't Fury in modern comics. Instead we have Lyta Milton...

Hasn't Lyta been dead since a few years before Flashpoint? Fury's a vacant mantle.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hasn't Lyta been dead since a few years before Flashpoint? Fury's a vacant mantle.
    Personality-wise, I feel that fits Yara better, but both are feisty, but neither in the traditional hothead way. It fits Artemis the best, but if we're moving Cassie past the WG mantle, I'm not opposed to it. Her age, never going past 18, is the only reason her mantle doesn't need to be changed the way it does for Conner and Tim, and that's because Yara hasn't fully eclipsed her yet. Along with Cassie being younger compared to Conner and Tim with Jon and Damian. I do think it's time for something new, however.

As for costumes, I don't mind casual for Cassie, it's always been her thing. I do think she's old enough now that something more heroic should be on the table. I didn't mind the N52 costume but it just felt like a regular jumpsuit if you remove the armor. The red and gold were cool tho. I see a vision with Lyta's costume, I don't see Cassie wearing that exact thing. And, she's more of a jacket over a cape type.

Her current costume is terrible and doesn't get enough hate for me. If this were early YJ, I'd understand it, I'd even fit the period, but it's extremely dated and childish now. I know Cassie's age is whatever currently, but she should be around 18, and her costume feels like a 14-year-old's outfit in an early 2000s Disney show.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wouldn't necessarily mind Cassie taking on the Fury mantle, but not necessarily the costume. I always thought Lyta's costume was rather dull and lackluster. The only thing I didn't like about her New 52 costume was the lack of top attachment. Unlike Wonder Woman's which has been always been presented as a bustier with structure, Cassie's top was drawn with no structure and desperately needed something to attach it, especially with the hood. If Donna's costume is going to remain black, then red is a good color for Cassie to adopt.
    I agree her current costume is a little too Disney. Cassie has more often than not shown questionable fashion sense and this seems like a herald back to her original hodge podged out of the closet look rather than something someone who is serious about being a hero and has been for more than six months would wear.

True, Cassie was originally a tomboy, when she debuted she had short hair, as in, a boy's style (Impulse probably had longer hair at the time). It was only when she joined the Teen Titans that Cassie started dressing more fashionably, and even then she usually had pants. The skirt on her current costume is quite frankly out of character for her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True, Cassie was originally a tomboy, when she debuted she had short hair, as in, a boy's style (Impulse probably had longer hair at the time). It was only when she joined the Teen Titans that Cassie started dressing more fashionably, and even then she usually had pants. The skirt on her current costume is quite frankly out of character for her.
    I wouldn't say the skirt is out of character, her style has changed significantly since her debut to be somewhat less tomboy-ish, so it's possible to be part of her development. What's not is the overly dressed, that's a huge step back and not really a bonus for the character. Should YJ come out of this Dark Crisis with a new book or even should be become more used in the WW books, she definitely needs a better outfit.