Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    The outfits with the low-rise jeans and crop tops, the reference to The OC, the long pin-straight blonde hair, the casual use of the r-word...those images are a time capsule.

Also I know she's Supergirl but standing on the Golden Gate Bridge barefoot still seems like a bad idea
    Why is it a bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

This is one of my favorite Wonder Girl moments. She's wrestling with the french gorilla while Kara just casually floats on while talking. It always amuses me. By the way how many villain gorillas do DC have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Imagine a book with those two and Stephanie Brown as Batgirl. So much fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd read it in a heartbeat!
    That would be a dream team up. Blonde Justice! Maybe they'll add Mia Dearden or Arrowette for extra blondeage. Sign me up for that comic

Out of costume, those characters would look SO similar (and so would Stargirl). It's actually realistic though, the vast majority of teenage girls wear their hair long nowadays. You don't see many bobs and pixie cuts on kids that age (maybe that's why Kara now has a bob - a visual indicator that she's no longer a teen).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cassie reals needs a short unisex haircut like she had originally

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Cassie reals needs a short unisex haircut like she had originally
    Feel like she kind of grew out of that as she matured as a hero.

Lol surprised by how much people responded to my joke/comment about the hair! I just thought it was funny because the whole scene is so mid-aughts (which isn't a bad thing! Just amusing) and that was a time when there was basically no hair texture diversity in media. I spent enough of the aughts frying my long curly/wavy hair straight to attest to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Out of costume, those characters would look SO similar (and so would Stargirl). It's actually realistic though, the vast majority of teenage girls wear their hair long nowadays. You don't see many bobs and pixie cuts on kids that age (maybe that's why Kara now has a bob - a visual indicator that she's no longer a teen).
    I don't think the short hair is necessary. Giving one of them bangs or curlier/wavier hair would have done the trick, doesn't need to be a bob or anything. Though the artist did give one of them with a side part which adds slight variation.

These days I think every artist should just copy and paste Joelle Jones' Cassie whenever they use her. Doesn't even matter if it matches the overall art style. We've seen perfection and there's no going back.

I mean if we're discussing REALISM... Let's compare with real people!

Hmm.. yeah... some of them are distinct, some... not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feel like she kind of grew out of that as she matured as a hero.
    Cassie was much more interesting when she was a Tomboy Wondergirl. She should go back to exploring how you can embrace the image of WonderWoman ideology even though you don't perform gender.

Well, that's also an issue of art. Mostly all character look the same in Ian Churchill's drawings.
    But that's not a problem exclusive to him, tho, so i can let it slide.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Cassie was much more interesting when she was a Tomboy Wondergirl. She should go back to exploring how you can embrace the image of WonderWoman ideology even though you don't perform gender.

She looks fine here, but I think she looks fine in her other looks as well.

But I'm coming at it from reading YJ where we saw her mature, grow confident, and let her hair grow out a little.

These are nice, especially that first one, but I don't think her haircut is what makes her interesting, it's how she's written and utilized that makes her a cool character. Whether she has short or long hair. I do appreciate all her styles. With short hair she looks tougher like a real brawler. With longer hair she looks more mature and leader-like.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think the ponytail was a nice inbetween. But starting out a tombiy doesn't necessarily mean she needs to stay there as she gets older. I think keeping a nice mixture of both suits her.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    These are nice, especially that first one, but I don't think her haircut is what makes her interesting, it's how she's written and utilized that makes her a cool character. Whether she has short or long hair. I do appreciate all her styles. With short hair she looks tougher like a real brawler. With longer hair she looks more mature and leader-like.
    Enh, these specific hairstyles don't really say "tough" more like "I spent an hour on my hair"... even though it's short. The really simple ponytail look feels more "tough" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh, these specific hairstyles don't really say "tough" more like "I spent an hour on my hair"... even though it's short. The really simple ponytail look feels more "tough" to me.
    The ponytail look is cool too. For me any Cassie Sandsmark look is top tier, long hair, short hair, shoulder length hair.

Any chance her Young Justice Targets outfit could make it to her default look in regular DC comics? Don't get me wrong, I like her current look just fine...but that YJ outfit makes her look like a elite amazon heroine! I need more of it!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean if we're discussing REALISM... Let's compare with real people!

Hmm.. yeah... some of them are distinct, some... not.
    That photo does support my point about longer hair being very common for teenage girls. Not a single one there has hair shorter than shoulder length.

Of course, Cassie's current look is shoulder length with bangs - which I guess works as a compromise between her short haired early looks and long haired 2000s image. She definitely shouldn't be dressing like a supermodel, that's too far the other extreme from her tomboyish origins.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman