Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Yes, i'm dumb! lol I even went to double check if Ares was Zeus son and even than made the post.
    I don't know where my head went with that. Let's blame language barrier on this one.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's probably because DC does a horrible job at including her in WW...but having her be Ares daughter gives them a lot more stories than some rando like Lennox.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's probably because DC does a horrible job at including her in WW...but having her be Ares daughter gives them a lot more stories than some rando like Lennox.
    Especially when we've excised pretty much everything else about the New 52 Wonder Woman.

I doubt Cassie is a former cat burglar anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when we've excised pretty much everything else about the New 52 Wonder Woman.

I doubt Cassie is a former cat burglar anymore.
    Does this mean they killed the Silent Armor? I actually liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    It'd be a good reintroduction for Cassie trying to get stronger but ill be surprised if its reintroduced a good way in the future

I'm against any reference to the Lobdell era.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Was Lennox specifically mentioned by name? Ares is Zeus' son, so she'd still be his granddaughter.
    I'd be for Ares. I thought the two had an interesting dynamic.

As did I. Oh well

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I didn't mind the silent armor, but it wasn't right for Cassie. Maybe I just didn't like that it pulled her away from WW mythos and tied her into Trigon and Raven with little reasoning as to why or maybe I didn't like that Cassie was an unrepentant thief in that origin....like I said, I dont mind it, it's just that it's tied to too much not so good. I did like the costume from that time period though, give it some straps and it's perfect.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Was Lennox specifically mentioned by name? Ares is Zeus' son, so she'd still be his granddaughter.
    I dont know that Lennox was every actually specified by name, there was just that one panel in that one comic which had a character walking out a door that sorta kinda looked like Lennox. We could argue though that since Lennox doesn't (I dont think) ever get named (and honestly isn't even a real mythological character) it was just Ares in disguise....

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I didn't mind the silent armor, but it wasn't right for Cassie. Maybe I just didn't like that it pulled her away from WW mythos and tied her into Trigon and Raven with little reasoning as to why or maybe I didn't like that Cassie was an unrepentant thief in that origin....like I said, I dont mind it, it's just that it's tied to too much not so good. I did like the costume from that time period though, give it some straps and it's perfect.
    Ah, but, while all that's true, the fact she didn't get her powers from it and you could say it's just some weapon she picked up that's weird? I mean, the first iteration of Cassandra did something like that. she had no innate powers and found magical weapons. So... the Silent Armor kinda fits that idea. Cassie was looking for magical weapons, and... didn't know the downside to the Silent Armor.

Kind of random comparison, but okay.

(If anything she's more like Kate Bishop).

Yeah, Kate is a good comparison, as both were on teen teams before becoming detectives. I guess Cassie must've picked up detective skills from Tim over the years.

She still had it at the end of the second New 52 Teen Titans series, spent three years in comic book limbo, then switched to her current costume when Young Justice relaunched, with no explanation. So I presume that when Tim's original backstory was restored (a few months earlier in Detective Comics), the New 52 Teen Titans were retconned, and while a team with that roster still existed (after all, Bunker still exists), the actual events changed. That includes Cassie getting the Silent Armor, as it's part of an origin that's now been reverted.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-28-2022 at 03:37 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cassie finally got her voice back in the latest episode of YJ