Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Trial of the Amazons Wonder Girl #2 preview. Yara's not on these pages at all - the focus is all on Cassie.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/04/15/dc...wonder-girl-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cassie getting princess carried .

Cassie has probably always wanted to do this after knowing Robin for so long...

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fanart by @biankatdraws
    Dammit, it's fanart. I really got excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I loved the art on that issue, i remember thinking that was a glimpse of future plans for Cassie and Kon, hinting that they would be togheter. Silly me, having hopes for Scott Lobdell Teen Titans, i didn't know what was waiting for us for the years to come.
    One thing I hate about Lobdell run was how he just made Cassie the potential love interest of Superboy and Tim (?). If she wasn't having mood swings, she was just being toyed with. Like, dammit...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Giving Cassie a detective angle would certainly give her something to stand out within the Wonder family.
    I want a urban fantasy for Cassie set in Gateway city. Since Diana doesn't need a city and she has London, Boston, Washington D.C., Gateway city, any city I'm missing? Not to mention the South American Amazons, Artemiss people, and Themyscira. She has potential to have a very large cast in DC Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I want a urban fantasy for Cassie set in Gateway city. Since Diana doesn't need a city and she has London, Boston, Washington D.C., Gateway city, any city I'm missing? Not to mention the South American Amazons, Artemiss people, and Themyscira. She has potential to have a very large cast in DC Comics.
    Dianas cities you missed: Houston, New York City, and Themyscira city.

But yeah, an urban fantasy sounds like an awesome direction to take Cassie. And while a few writers over the years tried moving other heroes into Gateway, hardly anything been done with it. Its certainly ripe for Cassie to make her mark.

Dianas cities you missed: Houston, New York City, and Themyscira city.

But yeah, an urban fantasy sounds like an awesome direction to take Cassie. And while a few writers over the years tried moving other heroes into Gateway, hardly anything been done with it. Its certainly ripe for Cassie to make her mark.
    Thanks! Didn't know about Houston (pre or post?). I think because everyone has been doing more with Themyscira over the years, so Gateway City just got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks! Didn't know about Houston (pre or post?). I think because everyone has been doing more with Themyscira over the years, so Gateway City just got lost in the shuffle.
    Pre~ We had a brief run wherin Wonder Woman quit her job at the United Nations and went to work for NASA out of Houston Texas as an astronaut. Happened around the same time as that Oranna Wonder Woman bit, and the introduction of Astarte

Over the years they have tried moving to Gateway City: Aztek, The Ray, Secret, Arrowette...Cassie certainly doesn't have much competition to work with

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wish they would have given the Wonder Girl title to Cassie and set her up in Gateway, it would have been more interesting that what we got perhaps. As is, they need to give her her own identity now, which I would also heartily approve (unless it's something ridiculous as they tried to do with Tim Drake.)

Idk, I don't think of Cassie as an urban fantasy character. I think that would be more fitting with Donna and her love of photography.

I associate Cassie more with coming of age stories. Having grand adventures, hanging out with the Gods and larger than life experiences.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

How about split the difference and go American Gods style?

How about split the difference and go American Gods style?
    Hmmm love the idea of modern takes.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I think Cassie could work really well in an Urban Fantasy type setting. Make it a cross between American Gods and Harry Potter with a dash of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Cassie is a demi-god so she would lean towards being able to see them, interact with them....perhaps it would give her the ability to distinguish between god and or demi-god but maybe even supernatural type characters...were-creatures, vampires, mystics, ghosts?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Idk, I don't think of Cassie as an urban fantasy character. I think that would be more fitting with Donna and her love of photography.

I associate Cassie more with coming of age stories. Having grand adventures, hanging out with the Gods and larger than life experiences.
    Personally, I'm indifferent to the Gods, cuz they're Gods and should be treated as such. How about both? I personally want an urban fantasy setting for Wonder Woman, way overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think Cassie could work really well in an Urban Fantasy type setting. Make it a cross between American Gods and Harry Potter with a dash of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Cassie is a demi-god so she would lean towards being able to see them, interact with them....perhaps it would give her the ability to distinguish between god and or demi-god but maybe even supernatural type characters...were-creatures, vampires, mystics, ghosts?
    Go on... (10char)