Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Law of Donna Troy: Donna's story must always be proportionally more convoluted than any other WW or Titans character.
    It’s an immutable law unbothered and unchanged across multiple crises and rebirths.

I was okay with Cassie being Zeus’s daughter when Diana wasn’t, but I would have explored it more at the time in terms of how Zeus disguised himself to Helena, how they met and what their relationship was like, what Hera thinks of Helena and Cassie, etc. We could use some more Olympians and their offspring messing with mortals as subplots, IMHO.

It’d be kind of cool to see Cassie lead a New Olympians team with a bunch of new demigods that reveal themselves. Hmmm… I may add that to my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee.

The Lennox origin as her dad never excited me, so I’d be more open to Apollo, but if Diana’s origin (hopefully) ever returns to the clay origin, I say shift Cassie back the daughter of Helena and Zeus and give her back her thunderbolt lasso.

I think Cassie’s role should be as the liaison between the Olympians and the humans.
    I also think it would be really fun to have characters like Strife as part of her supporting cast. Azzarello’s WW run wasn’t perfect, but I do think a lot of his depictions of the gods would make for great recurring characters for a Cassie book.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think Cassie could work really well in an Urban Fantasy type setting. Make it a cross between American Gods and Harry Potter with a dash of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Cassie is a demi-god so she would lean towards being able to see them, interact with them....perhaps it would give her the ability to distinguish between god and or demi-god but maybe even supernatural type characters...were-creatures, vampires, mystics, ghosts?
    Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Go on... (10char)
    I was thinking somewhere between Percy Jackson and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Maybe have a rogue demi-god out there behaving badly (like that's a new thing) and Cassie can actually see the difference between a normal human and a demi-god. This sight or whatever it is extends to other mythical creatures as well. How would she react to vampires or werewolves. Put them into an urban setting...maybe a pack of vampire or weres have set up shop in a neighborhood, Cassie steps in to help fight them off type of thing. How does magic affect her being a granddaughter of Zeus?
    Her mother is an archeologist....(If we <hopefully dont< go by the New 52 origin, she was also a bit of a tomb raider) maybe mom gets tied up in some mystical tomb deal and Cassie has to go save the day and fight off Egyptian gods or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    How about split the difference and go American Gods style?
    Yeah, I don't mind.

Basically, I think a Donna Troy series would fit in with an American Gods style setting; darkness with a bit of horror and some social commentary. While a Cassie Sandsmark series would fit in more with the Harry Potter, Sabrina the Teenage Witch or My Name Is Juniper Lee style tone and setting.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    It’s an immutable law unbothered and unchanged across multiple crises and rebirths.
    At least there is one thing consistent in the WW franchise.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I was okay with Cassie being Zeus’s daughter when Diana wasn’t, but I would have explored it more at the time in terms of how Zeus disguised himself to Helena, how they met and what their relationship was like, what Hera thinks of Helena and Cassie, etc. We could use some more Olympians and their offspring messing with mortals as subplots, IMHO.

It’d be kind of cool to see Cassie lead a New Olympians team with a bunch of new demigods that reveal themselves. Hmmm… I may add that to my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee.

The Lennox origin as her dad never excited me, so I’d be more open to Apollo, but if Diana’s origin (hopefully) ever returns to the clay origin, I say shift Cassie back the daughter of Helena and Zeus and give her back her thunderbolt lasso.
    Have we even SEEN Lennox properly? Part of me thinks he's an assumed name much like Ari Buchanan. And we know where THAT went!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Cassie’s role should be as the liaison between the Olympians and the humans.
    I also think it would be really fun to have characters like Strife as part of her supporting cast. Azzarello’s WW run wasn’t perfect, but I do think a lot of his depictions of the gods would make for great recurring characters for a Cassie book.
    That’s interesting… the liaison idea.

I love Chang’s godly designs. I’ve supported that the gods should be able to show up in different forms and avatars; human-ish, humanoid, animal, natural force of nature, etc. I think it would lend the book more creativity as well as some mystery when the gods mess with mere mortals.

I post this in the Donna Troy thread about Donna as well, but it also applies to Cassie: Cassie deserves to have a life outside of being a Wonder and a Titan. What’s going on with her and her mom? How’s she feeling about her dad? Does she feel connected to any of the Amazons? Who are her friends besides the Titans? Cassie deserves some personal stories and we deserve to read them.

(Donna and Cassie each deserve five good villains all their own.)

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Have we even SEEN Lennox properly? Part of me thinks he's an assumed name much like Ari Buchanan. And we know where THAT went!
    I haven’t recently. It was alluded to him being her dad a few crises or rebirths ago. It’s hard to keep track.

I haven’t recently. It was alluded to him being her dad a few crises or rebirths ago. It’s hard to keep track.
    My thought was that if it's a character never even seen on page it's a SUPER easy retcon to say Lennox was some god in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My thought was that if it's a character never even seen on page it's a SUPER easy retcon to say Lennox was some god in disguise.
    Nah, he actually had a considerable supporting role in Azz’s Wonder Woman. But I don’t think he ever interacted with Cassie.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I think Cassie could work really well in an Urban Fantasy type setting. Make it a cross between American Gods and Harry Potter with a dash of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Cassie is a demi-god so she would lean towards being able to see them, interact with them....perhaps it would give her the ability to distinguish between god and or demi-god but maybe even supernatural type characters...were-creatures, vampires, mystics, ghosts?
    I would totally read that. American Dragon, Juniper Lee, and Danny Phantom were my favorite shows growing up that gave my love of the Supernatural/magic genre.

If I remember correctly, this was literally the only panel to feature anything remotely showing who might possibly be her father. That one panel with a resemblance to the character who appeared in Wonder Woman (2nd image) is what made every think Lennox is her dad. I say it's easy enough to erase that from existence and go a different route.

lennox-is-cassies-dad.jpg
    2477593-screen_shot_2012_07_18_at_10.37.46_pm.jpg

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The fact that she's never had a panel with him is.....so WW-verse

It was confirmed in Teen Titans (2014) #18 & #19 at least temporarilly. The events of Rebirth counteract it though.

CASSIE & LENNOX 1.jpg

CASSIE & LENNOX 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It was confirmed in Teen Titans (2014) #18 & #19 at least temporarilly. The events of Rebirth counteract it though.

CASSIE & LENNOX 1.jpg

CASSIE & LENNOX 2.jpg
    oh yeah, i forgot about that issue.