Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Yeah, in current continuity, Cassie would've known she was Diana's niece much earlier than that, so that scene didn't play out the same way.

As for the discussion about Cassie's future direction, Trial of the Amazons has been pushing her as being a detective. Prior to the Yara Flor Wonder Girl series starting, that didn't seem to be her destiny, but she tracked down Yara, and then identified Artemis as the murderer of Hipployta. I can only assume she picked up these detective abilities from Tim Drake. So, maybe she should get a job with the local police force wherever the Young Justice or Teen Titans teams (whichever she's on, it's currently YJ but the future of the Teen Titans is currently unknown since the current book ends next month) happen to be based?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, in current continuity, Cassie would've known she was Diana's niece much earlier than that, so that scene didn't play out the same way.

As for the discussion about Cassie's future direction, Trial of the Amazons has been pushing her as being a detective. Prior to the Yara Flor Wonder Girl series starting, that didn't seem to be her destiny, but she tracked down Yara, and then identified Artemis as the murderer of Hipployta. I can only assume she picked up these detective abilities from Tim Drake. So, maybe she should get a job with the local police force wherever the Young Justice or Teen Titans teams (whichever she's on, it's currently YJ but the future of the Teen Titans is currently unknown since the current book ends next month) happen to be based?
    Hmmm I do kinda recall Cassie ending up with a sort of detective role on one version of Teen Titans. I don't remember if this Teen Titans had any Bat-people in it. I was a team where Cassie, despite being a demi-goddess, was actually NOT seen as one of the big hitters. I mean, Kon-El, M'Gann M'Orzz, Rachel Roth, Kid Devil, Amy Allen and Kara Zor-El were on the same team IIRC. That's enough power to basically have a full junior version of the Justice League.

If Kara's there, then it should be around One Year Later. Tim would have been on that team. Wasn't Kara added because Conner was dead?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Kara's there, then it should be around One Year Later. Tim would have been on that team. Wasn't Kara added because Conner was dead?
    Hmm... I may have gotten different team versions mixed up. :/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Sorry Cassie, Di foundherself a new WG

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Sorry Cassie, Di foundherself a new WG
    We'll still have that issue in...I dunno, Sensation Comics? They had a team-up in one of the recent books.

I wonder if they're going to double down on the "I'm a detective" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We'll still have that issue in...I dunno, Sensation Comics? They had a team-up in one of the recent books.

Probably. But I don't think it's the best niche for her. It's ok for one story, but when one of her exes and best friends is so much more well known for his detective skills, it's weird to have this be her new strength.
    They need to find something to make her compelling both to the WW family and to the larger DCU. The connection to the Olympians could be that, if only they actually explored it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Probably. But I don't think it's the best niche for her. It's ok for one story, but when one of her exes and best friends is so much more well known for his detective skills, it's weird to have this be her new strength.
    They need to find something to make her compelling both to the WW family and to the larger DCU. The connection to the Olympians could be that, if only they actually explored it.
    Yeah, like how often is she going to get to do "detective" stuff? And she probably just learned it from Robin anyways.

Like, make it an aspect of her, but I don't see her as the resident detective.

Yeah, like how often is she going to get to do "detective" stuff? And she probably just learned it from Robin anyways.

Let's be real here, even Robin rarely does detective stuff. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    You could say that about the entire bat family to be honest. Are any non-Bats banned from being detectives now? Come on.

Just what I was thinking, she picked it up from Tim. The Amazons shouldn't regularly need a detective. But maybe they can use it as a day job for her? What if Young Justice was based out of Central City, and Cassie went to work with Barry Allen at CCPD? That would give her the same benefit Wally West currently has with his job at Terrific Tech - working with someone who is also a superhero and therefore knows why they keep disappearing!

I think you mean the digital book they did in COVID (which used up the material created for the Walmart comics - presumably any material not from those was still originally intended for those 100-Page Giants but they were stopped), Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I'm still doubtful on the whole detective thing for Cassie, cuz, like, what can she do? Investigate supernatural stuff? Doesn't Zatanna and John Constantine that space already?

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I'm still doubtful on the whole detective thing for Cassie, cuz, like, what can she do? Investigate supernatural stuff? Doesn't Zatanna and John Constantine that space already?
    Yeah, but... they're not in the same book, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Cassie Dresden?

Zatanna is a stage magician/sorcerer and Constantine is a con man not a detective.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Cassie Dresden?

Zatanna is a stage magician/sorcerer and Constantine is a con man not a detective.
    The Sandsmark Files...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, but... they're not in the same book, probably.
    True, Cassie's probably going to be in either Wonder Woman or another Amazon related book, like how she's been in Wonder Girl recently, or she'll be in either Teen Titans or Young Justice. Zatanna and Constantine are both most recently associated with Justice League Dark. The only Titan likely to find a home there is Raven.

The big problem with a detective status quo probably is if Tim Drake is on the same team. The upcoming Young Justice mini actually takes care of that though. Tim's missing, along with Conner and Bart (it sounds like they've been hit the same way the Justice League were in their 75th issue last week), and Cassie is looking for them, with help from Arrowette and Red Tornado (though someone who appears to be a younger Cassie, as she looked in the original YJ comic after ditching the wig, is also involved). Solicit below:

DARK CRISIS: YOUNG JUSTICE #2
    TALE OF TWO WONDER GIRLS!
    Written by MEGHAN FITZMARTIN
    Art by LAURA BRAGA
    Cover by MAX DUNBAR
    Variant cover by NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages
    2 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/19/22
    Impulse, Superboy, and Tim Drake were just saved by Cassie Sandsmark, Wonder Girl in the strange fantasy word they're trapped in. And she's here to help them navigate their retro surroundings. But…Cassie Sandsmark is back on our Earth searching for her friends alongside Red Tornado and the superhero formerly known as Arrowette. Which Cassie is lying and who's about to get burned?!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-05-2022 at 04:04 AM.