When the trailer first dropped, I, like a lot of others, assumed that the Vigilante on the show would be a Deadpool knock-off. I have never been so happy to have been completely wrong. He's rapidly become my favorite character in a show full of amazingly fun characters.

As a result, I'd love to see this take on Vigilante in the comics. However, there's a few problems in that regard. One, the comics version of the Adrian Chase Vigilante is an almost completely different character from the one on the show. And, two, Adrian Chase committed suicide at the end of series back in the 80s.

So, how do we solve this without negating the wonderful ending that Paul Kupperberg crafted for the back back then that really shouldn't be reversed or hand-waved away like the deaths of so many other characters?

My solution is this. Introduce a young sociopath who's inspired to become the newest Vigilante because they both share the same name, Adrian Chase. This allows DC to have their cake and eat it, too. And, like with Wally and Wallace West, have the current Vigilante go by Addie Chase...or just only refer to him as Vigilante.

Now, of course, all this may be moot if James Gunn decides to have Vigilante also commit suicide by the end of the series. Or kill him off. However, even if that's the case, I still think DC Comics should introduce this incarnation of Vigilante in the comics as there's a lot of potential, I think.