Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    Please look at the greater context of how I used it: none of us on here are epidemiologists or scientists that specialize in this stuff. But everyone wants to act like one.

No, the lockdowns were not worth the additional economic, social, emotional, and mental health problems that became associated with them.
    I'm well aware of the situation that's going on. Thank you for your block.

I'm not shifting anything, just stating my take and I stand by it.
    I'm not going to convince any of you of anything, and none of you are going to convince me of anything. I acknowledge that and will leave it at that.

I came to this thread because I knew exactly what it was going to be and I knew the majority of people were going to try and shame Evangeline and question whether she should keep her job or not. The comments haven't thus far disappointed in that regard.

You all have taken your vaccination. Go and get boosted as you wish. Leave the rest of us alone now and let's all get back to living normal lives.

Oh, and choptop - are you aware that the CDC and other medical sources have already acknowledged (for several months now) that the vaccinated are spreading covid as well? And are you aware that not everyone is hit by covid the same way? Many people have light symptoms (or none), so insinuating that she's negatively effecting everyone she's around as unvaccinated (and I don't even know if she is or not and she's just showing support at this rally) isn't 100% accurate.

Thank you all for the conversations. Your minds are already made up as is mine. I leave you here and wish you all the best!
    You don't have to be a scientist to understand that the science behind the vaccines is solid...you just need basic reading skills.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

The available vaccines do nothing against Omicron.

The available vaccines do not prevent spread, and may only reduce certain symptoms. How many ineffective boosters will we need?

Hospitals are stressed because they don't have enough of the qualified workers they essentially kicked out. For government money.

Omicron is highly contagious but less lethal than its predecessors. As it is with every other virus. The next variant will be less deadly than Omicron, and so on.

Evangeline has done nothing wrong. She is pro-choice and anti-mandate. If YOU are pro-mandate, go self-quarantine for a few months.

Pro-mandaters are shills for Big Pharma. An extra $40 billion per year just from vaccine distribution does a company good.

I'm fully vaxxed. I won't be getting any boosters.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." ~ Rahm Emmanuel
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You don't have to be a scientist to understand that the science behind the vaccines is solid...you just need basic reading skills.
    If the vaccines are so vital then why they are not required for all the people who have crossed the US Mexico border? More than anything else that has cast doubt on it all. I got two shots and several days of severe muscle cramps no booster here.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    If the vaccines are so vital then why they are not required for all the people who have crossed the US Mexico border? More than anything else that has cast doubt on it all. I got two shots and several days of severe muscle cramps no booster here.
    I've had constant headaches. And yes they should be required for those crossing the border if other mandates are in place

Even the CDC says natural immunity was 6X more effective than the jab against Delta

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I can count maybe 7 "right wingers" in Hollywood off the top of my head compared to the literal hundreds/thousands of others that espouse views contrary. Your statement is basically suggesting it should be a crime to think outside of a certain sphere in Hollywood by ostracizing the absolutely minority of political thought in Hollywood.
    Hollywood's not as liberal as many people think.

Astonishing Member

The ‘anti-vac’ crowd always had a good chunk of liberals from the natural cures/food, environmental, anti-big pharma wing. I’m not sure how many of them carried over to Covid, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot did.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Even the CDC says natural immunity was 6X more effective than the jab against Delta
    That's like saying...

"Carrying a child to term will make a woman immune against pregnancy..."

That garbage falls apart once you take even a half a second to think it through.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    You'd think the stark statistics about unvaccinated COVID deaths vs vaccinated ones, in addition to the horror stories of parents willfully orphaning their children at worst or starting pathetic GoFund Mes when surviving but losing income entirely (in addition to the unnecessary burdening of hospital personnel whether these idiots live or die) would be enough, but noo there's always a friend of a friend of a Facebook doctor who knows better than what contradicts your worldview.

Never mind that Delta may never have been a thing if more folks had taken a shot.

Also the fact that reality kicks the legs out from under the "Natural Immunity..." bit -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=2ed5b1335f60

36% Of Those Who Had Covid-19 Didn’t Develop Antibodies, Study Says

Incredible Member

As a person she’s entitled to her opinion and views. If they feel it’s not safe for other actors they don’t need to offer her roles. Either way none of our business.

Delta would’ve been a thing. Because the rest of the world is not vaccinated. Not to mention break through cases. New variants are inevitable. In 6 months I’m willing to bet there will be a new one that the vaccine is even less efficient against and the cycle will begin again.

I’m vaccinated but tbh I can see why other people might want to wait it out.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 01-28-2022 at 11:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's like saying...

"Carrying a child to term will make a woman immune against pregnancy..."

That garbage falls apart once you take even a half a second to think it through.
    That’s the stupidest comparison I have ever heard. Some people may not develop anti-bodies after getting COVID but the majority do. I know a lot more people that are vaccinated that got COVID than people who got it a second time.

COVID rates are higher now with a vaccine then they have ever been. I think it’s fair for people to have some healthy skepticism.
    Last edited by Iclifton; 01-28-2022 at 11:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

If seat belts were invented today would these folks take it to the Supreme Court arguing pressing them on their kids chests counts as child abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    That’s the stupidest comparison I have ever heard. Some people may not develop anti-bodies after getting COVID but the majority do. I know a lot more people that are vaccinated that got COVID than people who got it a second time.

COVID rates are higher now with a vaccine then they have ever been. I think it’s fair for people to have some healthy skepticism.
    Politely, you seriously missed the point.

If the way to this sturdy "Immunity..."(which, apparently is not a given...) is to actually contract a disease that could kill you?

It's not that hard to see the issue there.