Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As long as her views don't negatively affect the people around her I don't care. All I need from her is doing her job. I don't need her to be my moral compass

The problem is with large companies like Disney they don't want to be associated with this type of stuff. It reflects on them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I lean very independent politically, but the problem here with some in the anti vax movement is that they seem to rely more on ignorance, shallow political divide fights and just been against anything the other side is for..just because that is the way it needs to be.

No one needs to force another to get the vaccine, the unvaccinated can stay that way but some of them need to stop spreading misinformation backed up with no medical facts, using false examples like the holocaust and at least try and comply with the sensible rules like wearing a mask, have your herself tested almost daily and social distance to help decrease the spread of COVID, however they dont want to do any of these things. This is where I feel they are just on the wrong side.

it is shame that Evangeline Lilly has gotten herself caught up in one of these their rallies. it is a real shame here because Disney takes their family friendly and expecting good behaviour from their actors seriously. So I do wonder if she is going to last long as a Disney actor, if she gets more into RFK JNR Anti Vax rallies.
    I agree with this. The whole "anti-vaxx" thing is part of the reason the pandemic is still a thing.

In my neck of the woods, government restrictions are being lifted but cases are still a problem (2 kids in my son's school got the virus). If everyone took the darn vaccine, we'd be able to move out of the whole covid thing.

It becomes worse when people with "voices" like Evangeline Lilly start backing the anti-vaxx movement. For good or for bad, a whole lot of people listen to and follow celebrities and loud mouth talking heads on tv and social media.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The problem is with large companies like Disney they don't want to be associated with this type of stuff. It reflects on them.
    Exactly. She is using the larger platform that they provide her by being in Marvel films. So Disney will get questioned and have to have a PR response for this type of misinformation etc. It all depends on her she has the freedom to say stupid incorrect things. But her employers also have the right to not be associated with her if she goes too far with it where it effects their bottom line.

In a pandemic where people are dying etc no company will want to brush it off. At the very least they will want to distance themselves from false information. Imagine the Quantamania press tour. She will get asked about this stuff if she's still talking about it and posting false info and associating with rallies like this. So will Disney execs and her co stars.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-28-2022 at 12:25 PM.

They will most likely move on from her and that is fine. But I am not wanting to hear all the cancel culture crowd going nuts about her first amendment rights being violated.

My aunt is always on that. These people's rights are not being violated. They are not in jail, no one is passing laws preventing them from saying what they want. The 1st amendment does not promise someone a Twitter Account, a Youtube Channel, or a job with a company or role in a movie. People do have the right to say what they want. But too often they refuse to admit they have the obligation to live with what they say.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I can count maybe 7 "right wingers" in Hollywood off the top of my head compared to the literal hundreds/thousands of others that espouse views contrary. Your statement is basically suggesting it should be a crime to think outside of a certain sphere in Hollywood by ostracizing the absolutely minority of political thought in Hollywood.
    Your statement is also a great exaggeration and I'm here to tell you it is since these forums tend to be echo chambers of leftist thought.

Right? I mean, the vast majority of Hollywood has political views contrary to my own. Guess what? I may cringe, I may get a little mad, but at the end of the day I acknowledge they're still people and I decide on a case by case basis if I feel like supporting them or a project, etc. I don't let it impact much else of me, Hollywood isn't worth that much time and effort from my end.

---
    But anyway...

Oh noes!

Are we gonna cancel her too because she has an opinion different than yours?! I think we should just to continue the ongoing clamp down on any dissenting thoughts that haven't been "approved" by the mainstream and the real "science" folks here on the CBR forums.

The majority of this "movement" (wtfever you wanna call it) isn't purely "anti-vax." It's anti-forced vaccinations. THAT is the single biggest factor bringing these people together. When governments and companies are forcing their citizens and employees to adhere to a one size fits all policy over something like this (we can go all day long on the actual science, data, statistics, etc. but I'm not going to start that here) and threatens their ways of living, etc. then yea, expect some push back. And rightfully so, I say.

It's fascinating to me that the people who received their vaccination, A.K.A. protection, seem to not feel very protected and only think this all works if literally every single person on earth gets vaccinated.

Before this covid stuff happened, that's not how we responded to viruses. This one has been a little serious, yes. I acknowledge that, but not worth the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. From day one this was politicized and we can see that.

Peace and love to all of you - it's time we learn to live with this and move on together.
    Why is science in quotations?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

I can count maybe 7 "right wingers" in Hollywood off the top of my head compared to the literal hundreds/thousands of others that espouse views contrary. Your statement is basically suggesting it should be a crime to think outside of a certain sphere in Hollywood by ostracizing the absolutely minority of political thought in Hollywood.
    Your statement is also a great exaggeration and I'm here to tell you it is since these forums tend to be echo chambers of leftist thought.

Right? I mean, the vast majority of Hollywood has political views contrary to my own. Guess what? I may cringe, I may get a little mad, but at the end of the day I acknowledge they're still people and I decide on a case by case basis if I feel like supporting them or a project, etc. I don't let it impact much else of me, Hollywood isn't worth that much time and effort from my end.

---
    But anyway...

Oh noes!

Are we gonna cancel her too because she has an opinion different than yours?! I think we should just to continue the ongoing clamp down on any dissenting thoughts that haven't been "approved" by the mainstream and the real "science" folks here on the CBR forums.

The majority of this "movement" (wtfever you wanna call it) isn't purely "anti-vax." It's anti-forced vaccinations. THAT is the single biggest factor bringing these people together. When governments and companies are forcing their citizens and employees to adhere to a one size fits all policy over something like this (we can go all day long on the actual science, data, statistics, etc. but I'm not going to start that here) and threatens their ways of living, etc. then yea, expect some push back. And rightfully so, I say.

It's fascinating to me that the people who received their vaccination, A.K.A. protection, seem to not feel very protected and only think this all works if literally every single person on earth gets vaccinated.

Before this covid stuff happened, that's not how we responded to viruses. This one has been a little serious, yes. I acknowledge that, but not worth the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. From day one this was politicized and we can see that.

Peace and love to all of you - it's time we learn to live with this and move on together.

A little serious? But not worth the lockdowns and " forced vaccines" ? Honestly you don't have a clue what is happening in the hospitals and how many people this is killing. Making comments like this isn't worth all of this just is incredibly stupid. Its pathetic how people who have no clue how bad this is keep telling everyone its not that bad. Drives me crazy. Blocked.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

---
    But anyway...

Oh noes!

And this is what anti-vaxers do. Try and shift things just enough to make them seem right. All this they shouldn't force you to get vaxed bullshit when ever single person in here has been vaxed for other things since the day they were born. The only reason they take a stand on this one is because they bought into the follishness of morons and fools who convinced them this was violating their rights.

As long as her views don't negatively affect the people around her I don't care. All I need from her is doing her job. I don't need her to be my moral compass
    If she can potentially get everyone around her sick and everyone she works with sick how can she not negativity affect evay One?

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Why is science in quotations?
    Please look at the greater context of how I used it: none of us on here are epidemiologists or scientists that specialize in this stuff. But everyone wants to act like one.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    A little serious? But not worth the lockdowns and " forced vaccines" ? Honestly you don't have a clue what is happening in the hospitals and how many people this is killing. Making comments like this isn't worth all of this just is incredibly stupid. Its pathetic how people who have no clue how bad this is keep telling everyone its not that bad. Drives me crazy. Blocked.
    No, the lockdowns were not worth the additional economic, social, emotional, and mental health problems that became associated with them.
    I'm well aware of the situation that's going on. Thank you for your block.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    And this is what anti-vaxers do. Try and shift things just enough to make them seem right. All this they shouldn't force you to get vaxed bullshit when ever single person in here has been vaxed for other things since the day they were born. The only reason they take a stand on this one is because they bought into the follishness of morons and fools who convinced them this was violating their rights.
    I'm not shifting anything, just stating my take and I stand by it.
    I'm not going to convince any of you of anything, and none of you are going to convince me of anything. I acknowledge that and will leave it at that.

I came to this thread because I knew exactly what it was going to be and I knew the majority of people were going to try and shame Evangeline and question whether she should keep her job or not. The comments haven't thus far disappointed in that regard.

You all have taken your vaccination. Go and get boosted as you wish. Leave the rest of us alone now and let's all get back to living normal lives.

Oh, and choptop - are you aware that the CDC and other medical sources have already acknowledged (for several months now) that the vaccinated are spreading covid as well? And are you aware that not everyone is hit by covid the same way? Many people have light symptoms (or none), so insinuating that she's negatively effecting everyone she's around as unvaccinated (and I don't even know if she is or not and she's just showing support at this rally) isn't 100% accurate.

Thank you all for the conversations. Your minds are already made up as is mine. I leave you here and wish you all the best!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    If she can potentially get everyone around her sick and everyone she works with sick how can she not negativity affect evay One?
    That's not what I mean. She shouldn't do what Letitia Wright did being a dick to people who did get vaccinated and cause a bunch of problems around set because of it.

Astonishing Member

That's not what I mean. She shouldn't do what Letitia Wright did being a dick to people who did get vaccinated and cause a bunch of problems around set because of it.
    What are the unions rules even working on set not vaxxed?

Please look at the greater context of how I used it: none of us on here are epidemiologists or scientists that specialize in this stuff. But everyone wants to act like one.

No, the lockdowns were not worth the additional economic, social, emotional, and mental health problems that became associated with them.

I'm not going to convince any of you of anything, and none of you are going to convince me of anything. I acknowledge that and will leave it at that.

I came to this thread because I knew exactly what it was going to be and I knew the majority of people were going to try and shame Evangeline and question whether she should keep her job or not. The comments haven't thus far disappointed in that regard.

You all have taken your vaccination. Go and get boosted as you wish. Leave the rest of us alone now and let's all get back to living normal lives.

Oh, and choptop - are you aware that the CDC and other medical sources have already acknowledged (for several months now) that the vaccinated are spreading covid as well? And are you aware that not everyone is hit by covid the same way? Many people have light symptoms (or none), so insinuating that she's negatively effecting everyone she's around as unvaccinated (and I don't even know if she is or not and she's just showing support at this rally) isn't 100% accurate.

Thank you all for the conversations. Your minds are already made up as is mine. I leave you here and wish you all the best!
    Most of the comments don’t seem to care bout her views either though.

And I don’t think anyone is attempting to change anyone’s minds either. If I see something that doesn’t make sense or is wrong I might correct it but there’s no changing peoples minds when they’ve decided they know what’s right. Doesn’t mean we can’t discourse though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Ya I am what's your point? If 100 ppl get sick and just one dies because someone doesn't want to get vaccinated it's still a death that didn't need to happen when you're choices start effecting the rest of us it's no longer you're choice we all don't have to die because someone is stupid.

BANNED

my statement suggested not what you said at all. I said, ''extreme right wingers or the far right'' Also I dont think or suggest it should be a crime if anyone leans left, right or liberal or conservative as there used to be not too much different between both...at least, once upon a time.

However what the extreme of the right is doing here is wrong and you want to know the funny, gotcha you part? many on the extreme right have all been secretly vaccinated, however they claim otherwise in public since many left wingers are very pro-vaccine. Let's look at some of the events of this issue.

1. Fox news pushes anti vax and anti mandate views daily, although the fox network policy says all their staffs must be vaccinated or follow very strict guidelines, so how does that logic work to extreme right wingers?

2. Ron Desantis of Florida would not give a straight up answer when asked on if he has gotten the booster. I wonder why. It has been the same for many republicans, they never answer directly on if they are vaccinated or not, when they are asked.

3. Candace Owens says she is unvaccinated, but she can go to big nfl/foootball games where before you sit among the crowd, you must show a vaccine passport? I mean seriously with Owens.

This list goes on in the examples of many on the far fight, that cliam to be in the anti-vax movement. I can bet my life earnings that RFK JNR is secretly vaccinated. A large part of the anti vax movement in the USA , is nothing more than a game to this folks but the harsh truth is that people are dying because they are ignorant not to know its all a game.

people can have their shallow political fights, but COVID is a life and death issue and that is a line that no one should cross, especially if you say you are pro -life and believe all life is important. That RFK Jnr Rally was dangerous, I stand by what I said about Lilly going down the wrong path by getting herself publicly into this stuff.

Also I trust that it does not represent any actual good conservative values, but then again, I also know the term ''conservative'' has a different meaning to many people from different places and countries. Countries like UK or Nigeria are pretty much conservative nations, yet they are hardly comparable to USA conservativism or right wing USA.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-28-2022 at 06:19 PM.