Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Default Evangeline Lilly- AntiVaxxer?

She actually tweeted out some nonsense some years back about not isolating during the early days of the pandemic but apologized for it.

Only for this garbage to come out:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/enter...cec/index.html

I can’t imagine any right-thinking person will attend an anti-vaccination rally that featured RFKjr (this man’s existence lends credence to the Kennedy Curse theory) as a speaker. There’s stupid and then there’s RFKjr, who’s just a worthless person with worthless views and I’m surprised that Evangeline Lilly would partake in that man’s stupidity.

Between the Letitia Wright mess and now this, it’s kind of interesting (and funny) that Marvel has anti-vaxxers in fairly high-profile roles in the universe. Although, I somehow doubt that we’ll see much of Wasp (or Lilly as Wasp) after Ant-man 3.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-28-2022 at 10:44 AM.

BANNED

Well Well Well, cant say I am surprised. hollywood has many extreme right wingers who just like to lay low until the right time they feel it is best to come out.

Ironically I said here about 2 weeks ago that I never found Wasp to be an interesting female character, so if Disney were to axe her of the films. Nothing much will be lost.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t-Man-2)/page2

Also she attended the rally where RFK Jnr compared the vaccine to Anne Frank and the Holocaust.

Like.... what is wrong with this people. why do they keeping trying to create a disgusting false metaphor with the vaccine and its mandate by comparing it to the holocaust or slavery. the ignorance is just pathetic.

Evangeline Lilly is now walking on a thin line, any other ooc behaviour from her where she spreads misinformation that put people at risk and disrespects a group of people like the Jewish people, I will find little faults if Disney fires her from the Wasp role.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-28-2022 at 05:48 AM.

Sad to see. but it wont stop me from seeing any of the Ant Man or Marvel Movies she is in. I like her in the films and think she did a decent job.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It will always amaze me how much the average person will let celebrity culture impact their personal lives.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I couldn't care less. It doesn't affect their acting.

She is free to take whatever brave action she wishes. She will deal with those consequences just as bravely.

I'm sure...

Kind of lost some respect for Evangeline Lilly, but I'm curious how this will effect her acting future.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It will always amaze me how much the average person will let celebrity culture impact their personal lives.
    It is because we as a culture put Celebs above us. We have those entertainment shows that go over what the stars are doing, who they are dating etc.. And not just actors and such but these Youtube people and Tiktok influencers. There is that magazine that has that dumb section "Stars are just like us." Where they have pictures of celebs pumping gas, or walking their dog, or buying groceries at a store as if they are so far above doing such things it has to be pointed out when they do them like us common folk.

Celebs have this much power because we give them this much power. And sadly there are people who will change what they do and how they believe because of it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Celebs have this much power because we give them this much power.
    100% this.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

I lean very independent politically, but the problem here with some in the anti vax movement is that they seem to rely more on ignorance, shallow political divide fights and just been against anything the other side is for..just because that is the way it needs to be.

No one needs to force another to get the vaccine, the unvaccinated can stay that way but some of them need to stop spreading misinformation backed up with no medical facts, using false examples like the holocaust and at least try and comply with the sensible rules like wearing a mask, have your herself tested almost daily and social distance to help decrease the spread of COVID, however they dont want to do any of these things. This is where I feel they are just on the wrong side.

it is shame that Evangeline Lilly has gotten herself caught up in one of these their rallies. it is a real shame here because Disney takes their family friendly and expecting good behaviour from their actors seriously. So I do wonder if she is going to last long as a Disney actor, if she gets more into RFK JNR Anti Vax rallies.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Well Well Well, cant say I am surprised. hollywood has many extreme right wingers who just like to lay low until the right time they feel it is best to come out.
    I can count maybe 7 "right wingers" in Hollywood off the top of my head compared to the literal hundreds/thousands of others that espouse views contrary. Your statement is basically suggesting it should be a crime to think outside of a certain sphere in Hollywood by ostracizing the absolutely minority of political thought in Hollywood.
    Your statement is also a great exaggeration and I'm here to tell you it is since these forums tend to be echo chambers of leftist thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Right? I mean, the vast majority of Hollywood has political views contrary to my own. Guess what? I may cringe, I may get a little mad, but at the end of the day I acknowledge they're still people and I decide on a case by case basis if I feel like supporting them or a project, etc. I don't let it impact much else of me, Hollywood isn't worth that much time and effort from my end.

---
    But anyway...

Oh noes!

Are we gonna cancel her too because she has an opinion different than yours?! I think we should just to continue the ongoing clamp down on any dissenting thoughts that haven't been "approved" by the mainstream and the real "science" folks here on the CBR forums.

The majority of this "movement" (wtfever you wanna call it) isn't purely "anti-vax." It's anti-forced vaccinations. THAT is the single biggest factor bringing these people together. When governments and companies are forcing their citizens and employees to adhere to a one size fits all policy over something like this (we can go all day long on the actual science, data, statistics, etc. but I'm not going to start that here) and threatens their ways of living, etc. then yea, expect some push back. And rightfully so, I say.

It's fascinating to me that the people who received their vaccination, A.K.A. protection, seem to not feel very protected and only think this all works if literally every single person on earth gets vaccinated.

Before this covid stuff happened, that's not how we responded to viruses. This one has been a little serious, yes. I acknowledge that, but not worth the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. From day one this was politicized and we can see that.

Peace and love to all of you - it's time we learn to live with this and move on together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    I can count maybe 7 "right wingers" in Hollywood off the top of my head compared to the literal hundreds/thousands of others that espouse views contrary. Your statement is basically suggesting it should be a crime to think outside of a certain sphere in Hollywood by ostracizing the absolutely minority of political thought in Hollywood.
    Your statement is also a great exaggeration and I'm here to tell you it is since these forums tend to be echo chambers of leftist thought.

Right? I mean, the vast majority of Hollywood has political views contrary to my own. Guess what? I may cringe, I may get a little mad, but at the end of the day I acknowledge they're still people and I decide on a case by case basis if I feel like supporting them or a project, etc. I don't let it impact much else of me, Hollywood isn't worth that much time and effort from my end.

---
    But anyway...

Oh noes!

Are we gonna cancel her too because she has an opinion different than yours?! I think we should just to continue the ongoing clamp down on any dissenting thoughts that haven't been "approved" by the mainstream and the real "science" folks here on the CBR forums.

The majority of this "movement" (wtfever you wanna call it) isn't purely "anti-vax." It's anti-forced vaccinations. THAT is the single biggest factor bringing these people together. When governments and companies are forcing their citizens and employees to adhere to a one size fits all policy over something like this (we can go all day long on the actual science, data, statistics, etc. but I'm not going to start that here) and threatens their ways of living, etc. then yea, expect some push back. And rightfully so, I say.

It's fascinating to me that the people who received their vaccination, A.K.A. protection, seem to not feel very protected and only think this all works if literally every single person on earth gets vaccinated.

Before this covid stuff happened, that's not how we responded to viruses. This one has been a little serious, yes. I acknowledge that, but not worth the lockdowns and forced vaccinations. From day one this was politicized and we can see that.

Peace and love to all of you - it's time we learn to live with this and move on together.
    It doesn’t work if enough people don’t get vaxxed, hence the mandates. Polio was almost completely wiped out, but it back cause a few persons decided they didn’t wanna get the jab. Measles and mumps have been on the decline but are coming back thanks to those who choose to not protect their kids. It’s so disingenuous to pretend that your choices don’t impact people.

For me personally though, I could care less what anyone believes. If you’re able to do your job and follow the rules then cool, just don’t complain when your choices have consequences. I couldn’t study in America or Canada without my required vaccinations, I didn’t protest and call people Hitler. I did what was required for me to study.

See, here's how far out of touch I am - wasn't Evangeline Lilly a character from that Negima anime? What the heck am I thinking of?
    In short, I've no clue who this is.

Edit: Reading further, she's MCU Wasp. Meh, not my favorite MCU character. Not even in top 20 or 30. She beats MCU Spider-Man I guess, but that's a low bar.
    Thinking the anime character was something like an Evangeline Mc-something. McDowell? McDougall? God this'll drive me crazy...
    Last edited by Vakanai; 01-28-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Many of these people are very good at saying what shouldn't be done. But they honestly don't want to live in the world they would create for themselves. They think they do. They don't understand what the world would be like if these countries and companies didn't insist on vaccines. Its easy to be a rebel. Whats hard is trying to run countries and companies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

As long as her views don't negatively affect the people around her I don't care. All I need from her is doing her job. I don't need her to be my moral compass