Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Wildling;5917131]If seat belts were invented today would these folks take it to the Supreme Court arguing pressing them on their kids chests counts as child abuse?[/

There’s a difference between mandating a seat belt and multiple injections of vaccine. It’s probably safe, yes. But let’s be honest, how can you be certain there is absolutely no effects. Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson have had rare side effects. No one can say for certain there is zero side effects for putting something in your body multiple times a year for years if there is no sample size or data to base that conclusion on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, you seriously missed the point.

If the way to this sturdy "Immunity..."(which, apparently is not a given...) is to actually contract a disease that could kill you?

It's not that hard to see the issue there.
    Fair enough. I don’t think it’s smart to intentionally get a disease in order to gain immunity to a disease. But I don’t think that’s what most people declining the vaccine are thinking.

I think they are probably thinking their survival and hospitalization odds are pretty good given their health and unknown effects of multiple doses of the vaccine over the course of years.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Iclifton;5917136]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    But let’s be honest, how can you be certain there is absolutely no effects. Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson have had rare side effects. No one can say for certain there is zero side effects for putting something in your body multiple times a year for years if there is no sample size or data to base that conclusion on.
    I guess I'll continue to trust the same stark statistics I commented on before then, in addition to keeping up with stories of what happens with some people who were conditioned to think the Big Pharma names you name are the Devil himself to begin with. And then add my own life experience to it, where the only post-vaccinated casualties remotely within my family circle (also including acquaintances) was a woman with advanced lung cancer, and that was deep within Delta and Omicron in a community where acting anti-vaxxer or maskhole doesn't make you endearing or look like a good neighbor.

Ironic because anti-vaxxers are all about living without fear, when the current death toll and hospitalization/long COVID sequelas should be enough to not take any more chances.

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=Wildling;5917145]
    Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post

I guess I'll continue to trust the same stark statistics I commented on before then, in addition to keeping up with stories of what happens with some people who were conditioned to think the Big Pharma names you name are the Devil himself to begin with. And then add my own life experience to it, where the only post-vaccinated casualties remotely within my family circle (also including acquaintances) was a woman with advanced lung cancer, and that was deep within Delta and Omicron in a community where acting anti-vaxxer or maskhole doesn't make you endearing or look like a good neighbor.

Ironic because anti-vaxxers are all about living without fear, when the current death toll and hospitalization/long COVID sequelas should be enough to not take any more chances.
    But that’s a small sample size. The only people I know that died both post and prior vaccine were high risk individuals. In fact that was the case for the majority of fatalities.

The point I’m making is not that you should not get the vaccine, just that you cannot say the vaccine 100% will have no adverse effects. Especially when you take it over the course of years. To go back to your metaphor, even seatbelts existed longer than the vaccines did before they became mandatory.

You should have the right to choose what to do with your body without being stigmatized, especially when the period of collected date is 24 months and they suggesting to get 3-4 times over the course of 12 months. People know the risks of COVID. They also know whether they are high risk.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    The available vaccines do nothing against Omicron.

The available vaccines do not prevent spread, and may only reduce certain symptoms. How many ineffective boosters will we need?

Hospitals are stressed because they don't have enough of the qualified workers they essentially kicked out. For government money.

Omicron is highly contagious but less lethal than its predecessors. As it is with every other virus. The next variant will be less deadly than Omicron, and so on.

Evangeline has done nothing wrong. She is pro-choice and anti-mandate. If YOU are pro-mandate, go self-quarantine for a few months.

Pro-mandaters are shills for Big Pharma. An extra $40 billion per year just from vaccine distribution does a company good.

I'm fully vaxxed. I won't be getting any boosters.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." ~ Rahm Emmanuel
    This is just not true....

Astonishing Member

The point I’m making is not that you should not get the vaccine, just that you cannot say the vaccine 100% will have no adverse effects.
    And maybe the current vaccines will make the Moon be cheese tomorrow by the power of Greyskull (or Bill Gates).

I wasn't going to stop reading Herman Cain award stories anyways, just hoping (against hope, if you're active in social media) that you personally don't contribute to them moving forward.

But that’s a small sample size. The only people I know that died both post and prior vaccine were high risk individuals. In fact that was the case for the majority of fatalities.

The point I’m making is not that you should not get the vaccine, just that you cannot say the vaccine 100% will have no adverse effects. Especially when you take it over the course of years. To go back to your metaphor, even seatbelts existed longer than the vaccines did before they became mandatory.

You should have the right to choose what to do with your body without being stigmatized, especially when the period of collected date is 24 months and they suggesting to get 3-4 times over the course of 12 months. People know the risks of COVID. They also know whether they are high risk.
    Plenty of folks I have seen describe actually having had Covid say otherwise.

Literally almost no one saying "Yep, about what I thought it would be..."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    And maybe the current vaccines will make the Moon be cheese tomorrow by the power of Greyskull (or Bill Gates).

I wasn't going to stop reading Herman Cain award stories anyways, just hoping (against hope, if you're active in social media) that you personally don't contribute to them moving forward.
    I don’t think it’s unrealistic to say injecting yourself within a vaccine that’s been tested for under 24 3-4 times per year could cause some adverse effects. Especially since it has is certain cases. Some people would rather not take the risk considering they have VERY HIGH survival rate based on existing data.

Especially since the vaccines efficacy seems to fade pretty majorly with every new variant. I live in the a state with some of the highest vaccine rates yet we new daily records every single day. Majority vaccinated.

Astonishing Member

Here is the problem you have two generations maybe 1 and a half who are separated from people and they don't have a clue about diseases. And how may people in their family drooped dead of various things. Not do they GOF. Because what is important to them is star bucks is open now and wtf are all your boomers doing.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    The available vaccines do nothing against Omicron.

The available vaccines do not prevent spread, and may only reduce certain symptoms. How many ineffective boosters will we need?

Hospitals are stressed because they don't have enough of the qualified workers they essentially kicked out. For government money.

Omicron is highly contagious but less lethal than its predecessors. As it is with every other virus. The next variant will be less deadly than Omicron, and so on.

Evangeline has done nothing wrong. She is pro-choice and anti-mandate. If YOU are pro-mandate, go self-quarantine for a few months.

Pro-mandaters are shills for Big Pharma. An extra $40 billion per year just from vaccine distribution does a company good.

I'm fully vaxxed. I won't be getting any boosters.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste." ~ Rahm Emmanuel
    That's a lot of words to say you're an anti-vaxxer.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    See, here's how far out of touch I am - wasn't Evangeline Lilly a character from that Negima anime? What the heck am I thinking of?
    In short, I've no clue who this is.

Edit: Reading further, she's MCU Wasp. Meh, not my favorite MCU character. Not even in top 20 or 30. She beats MCU Spider-Man I guess, but that's a low bar.
    Thinking the anime character was something like an Evangeline Mc-something. McDowell? McDougall? God this'll drive me crazy...
    This comment wins. On so many levels lol

Astonishing Member

As an individual, she can choose what she wants to put in her body and what she believes in. But, being a celebrity, it might be wise to add in her comments "this is my own personal choice. For me. I urge others to sit down and decide what is right for them based on their own set of circumstances. Not mine".

I just love how many people say "Well they got the shot and still got covid so whats the point." That is not how the vaccines work. People still get the flu even after the shot and no one makes a huge deal about that. Yes some people still get covid after the shot. It happens. But the symptoms are less severe and they have a much better chance at living. Most of the people dying are the ones who have not had the shot. At least in my state.

And I love how made people get about the booster. my aunt "I am not getting a booster. If they make a shot they need to get it right so I dont need any more. Now I am going to go get my yearly flu shot!"

Get the shot or dont. it is everyones choice. Fine. But for ever Anti Vaxer that bitched they are being shamed for not getting the shot and insulted you have 100 Anti Vaxers that are bitching about people who do get the shot and are very insluting towards them. Personal choice is fine for them to not get the shot but personal choice is not okay if someone does want to get the shot because they are buying into the big lies and in Big Pharmas pocket.

Im not going to be able to change the mind of an anti masker and anti vaxer. Not even going to try any more. They are not going to change my mind. Ive had my shots and booster. I wear my masks. Ill let them alone with their choice and they need to do the for me.

I really feel that most of the anti vaxers and anti maskers dont but the lies they tell. It is part of the system to own the libs. Fox News bitches like crazy about the vaccine. But a good number of them have had it. Ill have it and I am better protected but we will tell you not to get it. because ill let you die for the cause but I wont risk myself. nd people buy into it. Own the libs from you grave good for them.
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-29-2022 at 06:41 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I just love how many people say "Well they got the shot and still got covid so whats the point." That is not how the vaccines work. People still get the flu even after the shot and no one makes a huge deal about that. Yes some people still get covid after the shot. It happens. But the symptoms are less severe and they have a much better chance at living. Most of the people dying are the ones who have not had the shot. At least in my state.

And I love how made people get about the booster. my aunt "I am not getting a booster. If they make a shot they need to get it right so I dont need any more. Now I am going to go get my yearly flu shot!"

Get the shot or dont. it is everyones choice. Fine. But for ever Anti Vaxer that bitched they are being shamed for not getting the shot and insulted you have 100 Anti Vaxers that are bitching about people who do get the shot and are very insluting towards them. Personal choice is fine for them to not get the shot but personal choice is not okay if someone does want to get the shot because they are buying into the big lies and in Big Pharmas pocket.

Im not going to be able to change the mind of an anti masker and anti vaxer. Not even going to try any more. They are not going to change my mind. Ive had my shots and booster. I wear my masks. Ill let them alone with their choice and they need to do the for me.

I really feel that most of the anti vaxers and anti maskers dont but the lies they tell. It is part of the system to own the libs. Fox News bitches like crazy about the vaccine. But a good number of them have had it. Ill have it and I am better protected but we will tell you not to get it. because ill let you die for the cause but I wont risk myself. nd people buy into it. Own the libs from you grave good for them.
    That’s the tragic part, the willful misunderstanding of just how vaccines in general work.

There’s literally no vaccine that’s 100% effective, even the ones we took as kids. That’s just the way it is. I know this sounds cruel but sometimes I actually wish some of the anti-vaxxers parents didn’t vaccinate them at all as children at all and allowed them to get seriously sick. Like that they would have spared the world the disease, death, and misinformation they are spreading today.

Anyone can choose to do whatever they want but the fact is an individual's personal choices can’t be society’s problem. COVID-19 should be a thing of the past particularly regarding serious infection but so many people are determined to keep it around. Worse still, the folks screaming on tv about the vaccines are fully vaccinated.

But then again, given the existence of nonsense like comics gate and just how many comic book guys are “anti-woke, anti-SJW” (seriously, some comic fans are still using "SJW" are a pejorative), we really shouldn’t be surprised that there’s a high percentage of comic fans that are anti-vaxxers.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-29-2022 at 07:12 AM.

I remember her from Real Steel. What an actress. This does not make me like her less.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Many of these people are very good at saying what shouldn't be done. But they honestly don't want to live in the world they would create for themselves. They think they do. They don't understand what the world would be like if these countries and companies didn't insist on vaccines. Its easy to be a rebel. Whats hard is trying to run countries and companies.
    It's actually hard to be a rebel and easy to be a big company or government which is why many who would had not gotten the vax did when their employer or government mandated them to do so or be fired or put in jail.