Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready Eddie View Post
    I remember her from Real Steel. What an actress. This does not make me like her less.

It's actually hard to be a rebel and easy to be a big company or government which is why many who would had not gotten the vax did when their employer or government mandated them to do so or be fired or put in jail.
    Who has been jailed for not taking a vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Who has been jailed for not taking a vaccine?
    Put in camps, locked up, jail, other countries then the USA.

Put in camps, locked up, jail, other countries then the USA.
    What countries? Are you talking about China and comparing that to here in the US or Europe?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That, Russia, Australia. and other strict countries. I was not comparing but talking about what was happening around the world to people who take that stance.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    That's a lot of words to say you're an anti-vaxxer.
    Did you miss the sentence where he says he's fully vaxxed?

That, Russia, Australia. and other strict countries. I was not comparing but talking about what was happening around the world to people who take that stance.
    Not happening in Australia, that has been debunked.

You shouldn't get you news from idiots like Ron Johnson.
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ple-around-wo/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    This is just not true....
    Ignorance is Strength.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

You don't get imprisoned for not getting vaccinated in Russia or Australia...literally no legitimate source says so, but hey if that's what you believe I have some mountain top property in Kansas, ocean front property in Montana and a beautiful, lush, tropical rain forest getaway in death valley that I could gift to you! I just need you to post your full name, mother's maiden name, account and routing numbers and your social security number here so I can fully transfer the deeds to all these wonderful properties to you!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    She actually tweeted out some nonsense some years back about not isolating during the early days of the pandemic but apologized for it.

Only for this garbage to come out:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/enter...cec/index.html

I can’t imagine any right-thinking person will attend an anti-vaccination rally that featured RFKjr (this man’s existence lends credence to the Kennedy Curse theory) as a speaker. There’s stupid and then there’s RFKjr, who’s just a worthless person with worthless views and I’m surprised that Evangeline Lilly would partake in that man’s stupidity.
    Were RFK Jr.'s views on the environment also worthless? He may be an enemy of the vaccines but he is a true friend of the environment. He did admirable work on the environment. While I respect his work on protecting the environment, I do not agree with his views on vaccines.

some members of the Kennedy family, including his wife have spoken out against his views on the vaccines. The Kennedy Family has taken pride in their history as advocates of public health and promoters of immunization campaigns to bring life-saving vaccines to the poorest and most remote corners of America and the world, where children are the least likely to receive their full course of vaccinations.

Here is an excellent article written by two of RFK Jr.'s siblings and his niece on the fallacy of his anti-vaccine crusade, calling him "Tragically Wrong About Vaccines".

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ccines-226798/

In 1961, President John F. Kennedy urged the 80 million Americans, including almost 5 million children, who had not been vaccinated for polio to receive the Salk vaccine, which he called “this miraculous drug.” In the same year, he signed an executive order creating the U.S. Agency for International Development, which has spent billions of dollars over the past decades in support of vaccine campaigns in developing countries.

President Kennedy signed the Vaccination Assistance Act in 1962 to, in the words of a CDC report, “achieve as quickly as possible the protection of the population, especially of all preschool children ... through intensive immunization activity.” In a message to Congress that year, Kennedy said: “There is no longer any reason why American children should suffer from polio, diphtheria, whooping cough, or tetanus … I am asking the American people to join in a nationwide vaccination program to stamp out these four diseases.”

While serving as attorney general, Robert F. Kennedy promoted community empowerment models to address urgent social needs like better health care, leading to the development of community health centers, which our uncle Ted Kennedy championed throughout his long career in the Senate. Community health centers have been on the front lines of vaccination campaigns for more than 50 years in rural America, in inner-city neighborhoods and on Native American reservations to immunize our most vulnerable populations.

He believed that some of the vaccines were connected with mercury that caused harmful effects on the planet's ecosystem.

Barbara A. Perry, director of presidential studies at the University of Virginia’s Miller Center and a Kennedy family scholar, said she suspected Robert Kennedy Jr.’s opposition to vaccine mandates came from his work as an environmentalist.

He has campaigned against pollutants, such as mercury, that contaminate food sources, Perry said in an interview. “Clearly he doesn’t want people poisoned in the environment by pollutants,” she said. “In his mind, I guess, it’s a pretty easy step to [think] not poisoning the body through vaccination.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rank-anti-vax/

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...t-f-kennedy-jr

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    As a person she’s entitled to her opinion and views. If they feel it’s not safe for other actors they don’t need to offer her roles.
    Completely agree, she's free to think how she wants, and if a consequence is work isn't offered, that is her right to choose.

Either way none of our business.
    Well... her personal view is none of our business, very true. But she made it public, which... makes it an issue beyond just her own thoughts. Spreading disinformation becomes a sensitive issue, that is more than just one person's opinion and freedom on choice.

There’s a difference between mandating a seat belt and multiple injections of vaccine. It’s probably safe, yes. But let’s be honest, how can you be certain there is absolutely no effects. Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson have had rare side effects. No one can say for certain there is zero side effects for putting something in your body multiple times a year for years if there is no sample size or data to base that conclusion on.
    It is as safe as any other drug the entire population has ever taken. No drug is 100% guaranteed. That's a very, very rare statement for any true scientist to ever make, which is why we don't see it; because they understand 100% is near impossible to know for certain. What we DO KNOW is you're far, far, FAR more likely to die from Covid and have side effects from Covid than you are from the vaccine. It's simple math.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

If you are going to fight vaccine mandates, you can't stop at a virus that has killed a million Americans, end mandates for measles, and mumps and tetanus. Don't force people to get vaccinated for Malaria if they travel in certain countries
    . Let the disease go rampant, it worked in the 13th century.

That’s the stupidest comparison I have ever heard. Some people may not develop anti-bodies after getting COVID but the majority do. I know a lot more people that are vaccinated that got COVID than people who got it a second time.

COVID rates are higher now with a vaccine then they have ever been. I think it’s fair for people to have some healthy skepticism.
    It's actually pretty good comparison. Women have less chance to get pregnant while they are breastfeeding (less chance, not zero chance), which could be compared to people having some immunity shortly after recovering from covid. But after that relatively short period, that goes out of the window.

Regarding boosters, I wonder if those who complain about having to get a booster and saying one vaccine has to work forever get their tetanus boosters for example. Or is that news to them that they are needed?

Astonishing Member

You don't get locked up here in Australia. You only got in trouble if you had to do mandated quarantine during lockdown (Whether it be hotel or at home) and were caught not complying. In that case they could lock you up for contravening a public health order. But the most you got were hefty fines ($5 - $10k in some cases).

You never got forced to get the vaccine per se. Although you did get "persuaded" to do so by not sharing the same freedoms as fully vaxxed people enjoyed upon the lockdown being lifted. Some places of employment had to let staff go if they weren't vaccinated and that was a personal decision made by the business owners themselves.

Once we hit 95% double vaccinated here in NSW (my state) everything opened up to both Vaxxed and un-vaxxed. That's why our numbers skyrocketed again with Omicron. Because you had Un-vaxxed running around with everyone else.

We go by total amount of positive cases here. Yes, people are still getting covid in high numbers due to easing of restrictions. But you'll find those who are fully vaxxed are recovering at home. The ones who are dying are those who are un-vaxxed, partially vaxxed and those with underlying health conditions.

As to our lockdown laws? Yeah, those are draconian. It got bad to the point severely hit suburbs had police patrolling the streets and pulling up people to see why they were outside. At that time you could only travel 5km from your home to do essential shopping or go to the doctors.

Now our border rules are a different story. Novak should not have travelled here for the open. The government told Tennis Australia to inform all players that they needed to be vaccinated in order to come here (they still had to do hotel quarantine). But they wanted/needed Novak to play as he is a major draw to the Aus Open tournament. So they granted him an exemption that he shouldn't have received. Was he screwed over? Absolutely. And that's on Tennis Australia.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 01-29-2022 at 08:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don’t think it’s unrealistic to say injecting yourself within a vaccine
    with a vaccine you mean? Are there movies or even conspiracy theories about making yourself small enough to be inside a vaccine shot?

but I know, the message is supposed to mean injecting is... BAD. The fact I don't remember your name at all talking about shows or movies recently yet you come out of the disinformation woodwork to prop up quackery says it all about the market of disinformation currently.
    Last edited by Wildling; 01-30-2022 at 11:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Marvel's Simu Liu and David Dastmalchian Speak Out After Evangeline Lilly Defends COVID-19 Vaccine Stance

Neither did Liu, who portrays the titular role in the 2021 Marvel film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, when he tweeted about the coronavirus pandemic on the day Lilly shared her post.

"I lost my grandparents to COVID last year. They were still waiting for their vaccines," the actor tweeted. "I'm fortunate to have been double-vaccinated and boosted when I got COVID 2 weeks ago. Felt like a cold."

He also urged the media to stop "spotlighting opinions that are not rooted in facts or science."
    Just reinforces that Disney is not going to just keep putting up with it if she keeps being vocal and spreading misinformation. She isn't irreplaceable. They will get tired of having to hear about it from the media and co stars.