Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default New Gods vs The Eternals

I don't know enough about either side, but they are obvious contemporaries.

No Uni-Mind or Anti-Life Equation on either side. Also, no Highfather, Thanos or Takion, unless it's a stomp in either direction I guess.

Erm...

1) 616 Eternals versus Post Crisis New Gods

2) 616 Eternals versus Rebirth New Gods

Fight takes place on a deserted version of Apokolips, each team starts off on either side of the planet.

BONUS:

> 616 Eternals versus Post Crisis Darkseid <
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-28-2022 at 01:32 PM.

BANNED

Unless Darkseid or High father are involved Sersi will just turn them all into chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    Unless Darkseid or High father are involved Sersi will just turn them all into chickens.
    New Gods have feats for resisting transmutation. Especially if they have a Mother Box, which they all do. I dont think she has enough gun to change them all before Lightray, Takion and Orion take her out.

I think the Eternals take round 1 and the New Gods Round 2. The New Gods were kind of nerfed Post Crisis in line with nerfing Superman and all the big guns. It took awhile before their power reached its old heights.

Round 2 with the general beefing up the New Gods got Post New 52 and Rebirth, i think they take it comfortably. Orion laughs off a full power assault by New 52 Superman for instance.

Extraordinary Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    New Gods have feats for resisting transmutation. Especially if they have a Mother Box, which they all do. I dont think she has enough gun to change them all before Lightray, Takion and Orion take her out.

I think the Eternals take round 1 and the New Gods Round 2. The New Gods were kind of nerfed Post Crisis in line with nerfing Superman and all the big guns. It took awhile before their power reached its old heights.

Round 2 with the general beefing up the New Gods got Post New 52 and Rebirth, i think they take it comfortably. Orion laughs off a full power assault by New 52 Superman for instance.
    The mother box is supposedly good for traveling and healing , technopathy and also acts as image inducer but I don't remember it resisting transmutation. The new gods were supposedly esoteric beings with advanced sentient tech that were from higher dimension but then again they were nerfed later on to the point of not being able to do much against braniac and being subverted by his tech even though they had their motherboxes with them so I don't know how much it counts.

I might drop Takion from the New Gods roster (mostly because I forgot he counted as one), he is an absolute monster who, I think, could likely solo the Eternals just with timestop + transmutation alone.

Isn't Lighray FTL? He should also have enough oomph to hurt the other team.

Are we counting Thanos?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Are we counting Thanos?
    No, I was shooting for Earth based Eternals only. I'll amend the OP again.

The mother box is supposedly good for traveling and healing , technopathy and also acts as image inducer but I don't remember it resisting transmutation. The new gods were supposedly esoteric beings with advanced sentient tech that were from higher dimension but then again they were nerfed later on to the point of not being able to do much against braniac and being subverted by his tech even though they had their motherboxes with them so I don't know how much it counts.
    Mother boxes can do anything and are often used as channels for a New Gods power much like Thor channels his might thru Mjolnir.

A MB is made to protect its wielder and does so by manipulating time, space, matter and energy. Its like if your cellphone was a sentient green lantern ring.

So New Gods have an established resistance to Matter Manipulation, dating to New Gods vol1 #5, when Orion and others resist the matter warping powers of Slig,

a Mother Box can amplify this power further, or completely modify the structure of a New God to make them immune to matter, time and space warping, this happens in Jack Kirby's Fourth World #17 and Orion Vol 1 #22

Brainiac did become a god during convergence, but i still regard his hacking their tech as a bit of a low showing.

As i said, MBs are basically a get out of jail free card, with Lantern Ring capabilities the writers often ignore for plot sakes.

New Gods, even fodder ones are capable of all kinds of reality warping abilities often also ignored by other writers who just want to make them fancy aliens with cool cellphones.

I'm actually leaning to New Gods taking both rounds, especially since the New Gods outnumber the Eternals and have similar abilties, and even stronger if you allow Final Crisis feats of them being 4d beings that send avatars to 3d space.

(all feats courtesy of Comic Vine Poster SkyFather, thanks for putting all the relevant info in one place)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Are we counting Thanos?
    Thanos is a major enemy in the current run of Eternals. Supposedly he'd been modified to become more controllable, but I can't recall if that's just a kill switch or if he's been weakened. So I dunno how much the feats of the other eternals who fight him apply

The teams should both send out their speedster champions for a battle before the battle, like some kind of ritual medieval warfare.