All-New Member

Default Coming back to Comics - Help me understand whats going on!!

Hi everyone. I left comics in 2004 and sold my entire collection (mostly X-men and Wolverine). I always regretted it, and this year I bought everything back. Having missed the last decade of comics, I have a lot to catch up on. The Marvel Now events have confused me, but I think I have a handle on it. Am I correct about the following?

*(Primarily an Avengers comic)
    Avengers vs. X-men

*(In its own timeline)
    Savage Wolverine

*(Normal X-men Timeline)
    Uncanny X-men Vol.3
    X-men Vol.4 (all-female)
    Wolverine Vol.6
    Wolverine and the X-men Vol.2
    All-New X-Men (Is this part of the normal story-line?)
    Nightcrawler / Magneto (Are these now main cannon?)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyspark View Post
    Hi everyone. I left comics in 2004 and sold my entire collection (mostly X-men and Wolverine). I always regretted it, and this year I bought everything back. Having missed the last decade of comics, I have a lot to catch up on. The Marvel Now events have confused me, but I think I have a handle on it. Am I correct about the following?

*(Primarily an Avengers comic)
    Avengers vs. X-men

*(In its own timeline)
    Savage Wolverine

*(Normal X-men Timeline)
    Uncanny X-men Vol.3
    X-men Vol.4 (all-female)
    Wolverine Vol.6
    Wolverine and the X-men Vol.2
    All-New X-Men (Is this part of the normal story-line?)
    Nightcrawler / Magneto (Are these now main cannon?)
    Avengers Vs. X-Men was actually just a big fight between the Avengers and X-Men. I think it's pretty balanced between the two teams, and important if you want to understand how the X-Men end up in the state they are now.

All-New X-Men features the time-displaced original X-Men, but yeah, they are in the current time and interacting with the current X-Men. I don't think you could call it part of the normal storyline at this point, since I think they are going to the Ultimate Universe for a while.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 08-29-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Savage Wolverine takes place at various points in Wolverine's past.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Avengers Vs. X-Men was actually just a big fight between the Avengers and X-Men. I think it's pretty balanced between the two teams, and important if you want to understand how the X-Men end up in the state they are now.

All-New X-Men features the time-displaced original X-Men, but yeah, they are in the current time and interacting with the current X-Men. I don't think you could call it part of the normal storyline at this point, since I think they are going to the Ultimate Universe for a while.
    Sorry, I meant Uncanny Avengers, not Avengers vs. X-men. Is this primarily an Avengers comic? Did I miss any titles if I want to capture the full and current X-men cannon?