Thread: DCU and HBO MAX

Mighty Member

Default DCU and HBO MAX

So, I'm a little confused here. I'm thinking of subbing to HBO MAX for DC content and of course all of the other HBO content, but what DCU/DCEU stuff is on there?

2013- Man of Steel, BVS, the two Suicide Squads, Aquaman...after that I'm lost. Plus what content either that's out now or upcoming is part of the DCU/DCEU? Is The Batman part of the "relaunch" of the DCU/DCEU?

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, I'm a little confused here. I'm thinking of subbing to HBO MAX for DC content and of course all of the other HBO content, but what DCU/DCEU stuff is on there?

2013- Man of Steel, BVS, the two Suicide Squads, Aquaman...after that I'm lost. Plus what content either that's out now or upcoming is part of the DCU/DCEU? Is The Batman part of the "relaunch" of the DCU/DCEU?
    Politely...

Where would you get that idea?

I feel like they have been particularly straightforward about how the film fits into the bigger picture.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely...

Where would you get that idea?

I feel like they have been particularly straightforward about how the film fits into the bigger picture.
    I read that on another thread regarding the relaunch

To answer your questions:
    1. All of them.
    2. No.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    To answer your questions:
    1. All of them.
    2. No.
    I don't think the CW shows are on there are they?

I don't think the CW shows are on there are they?
    Oh, when you said DCU/DCEU, I thought you were excluding those.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Oh, when you said DCU/DCEU, I thought you were excluding those.
    Well, I was but then when I went on the website, I saw the Superman and Lois CW show on there. So, it made me curious if the other shows were on there too.

Well, I was but then when I went on the website, I saw the Superman and Lois CW show on there. So, it made me curious if the other shows were on there too.
    Unless I'm mistaken, most of the CW shows that have been around for a while (Flash, Legends, etc.) and ones that have finished (Arrow, Supergirl) all had streaming deals with Netflix as HBO Max wasn't a thing when those were created. Newer shows like Superman and Batwoman were all created after the invention of HBO Max (or at least after they knew they were going to make it), and thus they didn't make those kind of deals with them which is why you find them on HBO Max. Then there are shows like Stargirl which were grandfathered in as they were initially part of DC Universe before it folded.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans