Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Vox Machina

Anyone watching this? I haven't seen a thread here about it and its pretty surprising. It seems like everything a D&D show could be. I figured there would be all kinds of convo about it but apparently not at least here. To me I dont know about the movie coming out next month but the entire D&D world has huge franchise possibilities written all over it.

Just finihed the latest episode of season 2. Not only is this a good over all arc with the dragons, but each episode has been well done. I like how they are giving each member a chance to shine.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just finihed the latest episode of season 2. Not only is this a good over all arc with the dragons, but each episode has been well done. I like how they are giving each member a chance to shine.

Hey cool. Yea really surprised on a board like this where its really getting no play. I totally agree with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Hey cool. Yea really surprised on a board like this where its really getting no play. I totally agree with ya.
    Why talk about a good animated show like this when we can spend 30 pages trashing Velma.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why talk about a good animated show like this when we can spend 30 pages trashing Velma.

LOL you read my mind

I doubt it's intentional but it's kind of funny to me that each batch of three episodes so far ends on a female member of Vox Machina getting grievously wounded thanks to a male member as a massive cliffhanger. Is Keyleth getting stabbed next?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt it's intentional but it's kind of funny to me that each batch of three episodes so far ends on a female member of Vox Machina getting grievously wounded thanks to a male member as a massive cliffhanger. Is Keyleth getting stabbed next?
    The show is so D&D where characters get the living crap kicked out of them, yet are able to get healed in the end. Thats what I love about it. On the other hand even with that it keeps making you think in these fight scenes its all over.

Astonishing Member

Ahhh Kirby see ya bounced the thread. Good I knew there had to be something on here about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The first one was really her own fault, even if the guy involved blames himself.

Just like Scanlan sang from the first season, I still forget which one is which between Vex and Vax.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The first one was really her own fault, even if the guy involved blames himself.

Just like Scanlan sang from the first season, I still forget which one is which between Vex and Vax.
    I'm trying to remember Vex as the "vexing" one because she seems to enjoy teasing people .

Even for how dark it very quickly got, the show still managed to find good spots for humor.

spoilers:
    Like Grog repeatedly getting his ass kicked by an old man, and then explaining it later on.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Enjoyable show. Has the usual cliched power ups when needed but that's part of the genre.

Loving it. Watched season 1 a few months ago and so glad we got season two. Seems all the characters leveled up pretty quickly LOL. I wonder if any parts of the dialogue and action are from their actual gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Loving it. Watched season 1 a few months ago and so glad we got season two. Seems all the characters leveled up pretty quickly LOL. I wonder if any parts of the dialogue and action are from their actual gameplay.
    yes quite a bit is actually.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Astonishing Member

Sheesh episode 6 was intense. Every time I think this show cant get more intense it does!