Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This season has been fantastic! First of all, I love dragons. They're cliche, I know but also iconic. Especially when using the DnD lore for them.

I like how they've basically been "leveling up" since Season 1 and are now obtaining true magical items.

We also have a bit of a theme with cursed objects.

Oh and in the latest episode, they split the party! You NEVER spilt the party!! That's DnD Rule #1 smh

Another fantastic season for this fantastic show. So far I've thoroughly enjoyed every episode. I don't have a single complaint which is rare for me.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-02-2023 at 09:53 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Just finished episode 8. Great show. If you like D&D adventure and stuff its never been done better.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Just finished episode 8. Great show. If you like D&D adventure and stuff its never been done better.
    Easily one of the best fantasy shows too.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I couldn't agree more. It is the best D&D parody attempt and the best modern D&D-type series bar none.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I couldn't agree more. It is the best D&D parody attempt and the best modern D&D-type series bar none.
    I wish there were thumbs up or likes on this site cause I would give ya one.

The thing is it's not a Parody, it's based on real campaigns by Critical Role.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    The thing is it's not a Parody, it's based on real campaigns by Critical Role.
    LOL

I would never have guessed that because the humor is seamlessly woven into the narrative.

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad to be getting more into the backstory of the rest of the party (I'd been wondering about Grog and Pike's history together for a while now) as we watch their character arcs unfold, as well as watching the relationships develop (Percy you charmer! Scanlon, be genuine with Pike!).

I'm kind of curious why Vax and Vex's father even bothered taking them in considering the sheer and utter disdain he shows for them. One last sliver of affection for their mother? Even his current wife treats them more cordially than he does.

Also the action has been pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to be getting more into the backstory of the rest of the party (I'd been wondering about Grog and Pike's history together for a while now) as we watch their character arcs unfold, as well as watching the relationships develop (Percy you charmer! Scanlon, be genuine with Pike!).

I'm kind of curious why Vax and Vex's father even bothered taking them in considering the sheer and utter disdain he shows for them. One last sliver of affection for their mother? Even his current wife treats them more cordially than he does.

Also the action has been pretty great.
    I'm very curious about this also. Initially, I assumed their mother wasn't an elf but that seems unlikely they appear to be full elves after seeing the city. Maybe their mother was an outcast of some sort?

I'm very curious about this also. Initially, I assumed their mother wasn't an elf but that seems unlikely they appear to be full elves after seeing the city. Maybe their mother was an outcast of some sort?
    Nope, Vex and Vax are half-elves. I doubt it will be covered in depth, as even the liveplay campaign only touched on it, but there is a novel, called Kith and Kin by Marieke Nijkamp that goes into Vex and Vax's past. Liam and Laura do the voices for the audiobook version as well (and I think Robbie Daymond does the narration for it, he does a bunch of voices for Legends and was a guest player on Crit Role for an extended time).

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Nope, Vex and Vax are half-elves. I doubt it will be covered in depth, as even the liveplay campaign only touched on it, but there is a novel, called Kith and Kin by Marieke Nijkamp that goes into Vex and Vax's past. Liam and Laura do the voices for the audiobook version as well (and I think Robbie Daymond does the narration for it, he does a bunch of voices for Legends and was a guest player on Crit Role for an extended time).

-M
    DELETE THIS POST

thanks
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-06-2023 at 10:45 PM.

-M
    He also played one of the characters in the Keyleth focus episode .

DELETE THIS POST

thanks
    May I ask why you wish me to delete it? (I mentioned Kith and Kin all the way back in Post #10 of this thread previously).

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 02-06-2023 at 11:52 PM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

May I ask why you wish me to delete it? (I mentioned Kith and Kin all the way back in Post #10 of this thread previously).

-M
    Not like it was a spoiler either.
    Dark does not mean deep.