Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Can resurrection boost a mutant to Omega Level status?

Based on Dr. Cecelia Reyes' recent findings and theory, it seems that "the resurrection protocols are increasing [mutants'] previous baseline powers." This poses a lot of interesting possibilities.

Source (X-Men #7):

What do we think?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Let me be transparent regarding why I care...😂

1. I want Everett to be classified as an Omega Level Mutant. According to Dr. Reyes, "the resurrection protocols are increasing [mutants'] previous baseline powers," which, she implies, is why "we are seeing the emergence of a new Omega in Synch."

2. Jean, who was classified for years as Omega Level in both Telepathy and Telekinesis, has been resurrected twice since the start of the Krakoan era. Presumably, Cerebro will be updating its Omega Level Mutant list shortly.

This is how we win.

This is how we win.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Hellion could potentially surpass Exodus and be an Omega. If that's the case, I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Also, for those wondering, Hickman left the door open for this by not explicitly stating or indicating, for that matter, that mutants cannot be classified as Omega Level in two power classifications. In fact, he notes: "[O]nly one power is normally of Omega level." "Normally" does not mean exclusively. ☝️😌

[/IMG]

Honestly, I think this is just an attempt at an excuse for writers to add some mutants to the Omega classification list without having to rethink the current definition or acknowledge they missed anyone the first time. Instead of saying "Yeah we need to refine what we did" or "Oh yeah, that's right, that character really should've been on the list and we'll add them right away," their out is to be able to say the character wasn't Omega until resurrection somehow made them Omega. "See, we were right the first time, but here's the gold star and fancy title you wanted."

Instead of adding characters that should've been Omega in the first place, it creates a "second tier" of Omega beneath the first list implying those characters all couldn't cut it in their natural states. They needed a resurrection boost to be as good as the "true Omegas." It doesn't solve the actual problem. Those characters are still going to be treated and perceived like they're less than they really are. They're still going to be dismissed as Omegas because they're Omegas By Technicality. Worse, in many cases it's effectively an attempt at retconning what past comics have said about these characters and their capabilities to actually make them less than they were. If they should be Omega but were left off the list, then get added to it because of "resurrection power boost," then it says those characters were never Omega material in the first place. Any past comics that suggested they were must've been wrong because their powers pre-resurrection weren't sufficient to qualify for Omega. Lose the resurrection power boost and they no longer qualify.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Unless they change the definition to being allowed to be omega in more then one category the second isn't possible. But I think Synch will be Omega...that or he will die permanently from his body not being able to handle the power

Xavier has died so many times now he should be classed as an Omega

Oh, it's possible.

"Normally"--not exclusively, mind you--is the operative word.

The five fix the flaws in ones powers when they resurrect a mutant so if an omega level mutant happens to have a flaw in their powerset i can definitely see it being fixed and increased.

I feel like Jean could definitely get a boost in TK if the writers wanted her to since I believe she has been through the resurrection protocol once before.

Honestly im kinda of wanting Emma to go through resurrections so the five can fix the flaw in her diamond form, so that she can get a perfect diamond form like the cuckoos.
    Last edited by Diammandis; 01-28-2022 at 02:29 PM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    The five fix the flaws in ones powers when they resurrect a mutant so if an omega level mutant happens to have a flaw in their powerset i can definitely see it being fixed and increased.

Honestly im kinda of wanting Emma to go through resurrections so the five can fix the flaw in her diamond form, so that she can get a perfect diamond form like the cuckoos.
    That would actually be cute for her!

I can't wait until Duggan, who liked my idea to have Jean use her psionic energy absorption ability and manifest her pink form, confirms what we've all known for years: Jean's mental powers are "infinite," as are the receipts proving so...☝️😌

Last edited by Mercury; 01-28-2022 at 02:41 PM.

I feel like Jean could definitely get a boost in TK if the writers wanted her to since I believe she has been through the resurrection protocol once before.

I doubt Emma is going to die through this era. It crestes too many issues with plastic surgery etc

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I doubt Emma is going to die through this era. It crestes too many issues with plastic surgery etc
    I mean not really since the five can customize her through resurrection like Quentin. I mean i QQ can ask for all this Emma should be able to get her nose fixed (if she even needs it, because she only got her nose done because it got broken) and her boobs
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Honestly, I think this is just an attempt at an excuse for writers to add some mutants to the Omega classification list without having to rethink the current definition or acknowledge they missed anyone the first time. Instead of saying "Yeah we need to refine what we did" or "Oh yeah, that's right, that character really should've been on the list and we'll add them right away," their out is to be able to say the character wasn't Omega until resurrection somehow made them Omega. "See, we were right the first time, but here's the gold star and fancy title you wanted."

Instead of adding characters that should've been Omega in the first place, it creates a "second tier" of Omega beneath the first list implying those characters all couldn't cut it in their natural states. They needed a resurrection boost to be as good as the "true Omegas." It doesn't solve the actual problem. Those characters are still going to be treated and perceived like they're less than they really are. They're still going to be dismissed as Omegas because they're Omegas By Technicality. Worse, in many cases it's effectively an attempt at retconning what past comics have said about these characters and their capabilities to actually make them less than they were. If they should be Omega but were left off the list, then get added to it because of "resurrection power boost," then it says those characters were never Omega material in the first place. Any past comics that suggested they were must've been wrong because their powers pre-resurrection weren't sufficient to qualify for Omega. Lose the resurrection power boost and they no longer qualify.
    At this point everyone should become omega everyone should infinite everything. All we want are good stories. If they can fit that in then good for them but even as some are they can't even wrote them properly let alone if they become omega.

I mean not really since the five can customize her through resurrection like Quentin. I mean i QQ can ask for all this Emma should be able to get her nose fixed (if she even needs it, because she only got her nose done because it got broken) and her boobs
    I think its a bit cheeky to ask for modifications but lets see. I mean it would be great to see Emma get an upgrade in her diamond form like when she fought Thor and could control her pieces or diamond up parts of her body. And then obviously back up to the TP classification thing pre Hickman. Not to mention her own TK abilities

Can't hope and elixr just make her an omega on the process she does have the potential kinda like synch.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    At this point everyone should become omega everyone should infinite everything. All we want are good stories. If they can fit that in then good for them but even as some are they can't even wrote them properly let alone if they become omega.
    They can always classify Jean and Ororo as Beyond Omega Level Mutants, which, based on their long histories, is what they really are.

I do agree with your main point, though: ALL WE WANT ARE GOOD STORIES.
    Last edited by Mercury; 01-28-2022 at 02:49 PM.