Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Vulcan was classified as that and may be Matthew Molloy IIRC

I think you pose an interesting question. Can the resurrection process create more omega level mutants, and can it boost those that already have an omega power?

Personally I think they should be careful and not be creating too many omega level mutants or we will be in the same shape as before where everyone was an omega (and half the telepaths were listed as omega level, etc). I am fine if Synch turns out to be one because the omega mutant list was too white.

As for Jean, I am fine either way. It would be nice for her to be an omega in her tk but being an omega in just her tp is ok too. I like the idea that she can use her pink form to temporarily boost her tk to either omega level or near it. I think that would prevent her from being overpowered. She would still have limits as her tk is concerned. But it remains to be seen if she will use the pink form again, but here is hoping.

I know some fans hate the omega level concept. Some hate power creep and others are salty their favs aren't on the list. I like the general concept. I like that some characters do have abilities that are off the charts and are considered among the most powerful. It makes sense for characters like Magneto, Storm, and Jean Grey imo. Planet Size X-men is one of my favorite comics and I want to see more team ups of the omega mutants to see what else they can do when they work together.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think you pose an interesting question. Can the resurrection process create more omega level mutants, and can it boost those that already have an omega power?

Personally I think they should be careful and not be creating too many omega level mutants or we will be in the same shape as before where everyone was an omega (and half the telepaths were listed as omega level, etc). I am fine if Synch turns out to be one because the omega mutant list was too white.

As for Jean, I am fine either way. It would be nice for her to be an omega in her tk but being an omega in just her tp is ok too. I like the idea that she can use her pink form to temporarily boost her tk to either omega level or near it. I think that would prevent her from being overpowered. She would still have limits as her tk is concerned. But it remains to be seen if she will use the pink form again, but here is hoping.

I know some fans hate the omega level concept. Some hate power creep and others are salty their favs aren't on the list. I like the general concept. I like that some characters do have abilities that are off the charts and are considered among the most powerful. It makes sense for characters like Magneto, Storm, and Jean Grey imo. Planet Size X-men is one of my favorite comics and I want to see more team ups of the omega mutants to see what else they can do when they work together.
    I am a synch fan and I am diehard for he becoming omega, I believe that list needs some more poc rep other than Storm.

I also understand that the omega level club only works if they are very few like practically rare or an impossibility made manifest. With power that is basically limitless for all intendd purporses.

I also know that due to battle forum culture and animosity with the fandom, people place emphasis on power levels much more than they should and I think I am a culprit of that to a point. People use power levels as a way of belitiling other people's faves. This has led to certain fans wanting more power for their fave and others hatting the power creep culture.

In the end at some point if they are gonna give any mutant that has vaugely been hinted to be crazy powerful omega classification they might as well just get rid of the power level system as almost all mutants can become omega if you follow the rabbit hole far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    They can always classify Jean and Ororo as Beyond Omega Level Mutants, which, based on their long histories, is what they really are.

I do agree with your main point, though: ALL WE WANT ARE GOOD STORIES.
    That concept always seemed very ridiculous to me lol. Beyond omega always sounded like beyond infinity and it didn't make sense. Because if omega meant unlimited potential then what the fuck does beyond omega mean "beyond unlimited potential¿" Smh.

I know certain Charachters have gotten the title in the past but I think it was a way to say this guy is powerful but not regular powerful like real powerful, because omega had lost its meaning seeing as any halfway decent psychic could claim omega tp status save for a few who really were that powerful.

Things are better now there is definition and a sort of order in the power heirachy one that hasn't been seen since the power level thing became a fixture in marvel comics.

In the end like you emmphasized all we want is good stories with the charchters we love dearly.

Incredible Member

This increase of powers because of resurrection comes into play with non Omegas also. For example if I remember off top of head it was at least hinted that Nightcrawlers previous ressurections and the power boost from Exodus both combined allowed him to transport the moon. Although I would say there is an arguement for Nightcrawler being an Omega Teleporter. In fact have they listed a omega teleporter?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    This increase of powers because of resurrection comes into play with non Omegas also. For example if I remember off top of head it was at least hinted that Nightcrawlers previous ressurections and the power boost from Exodus both combined allowed him to transport the moon. Although I would say there is an arguement for Nightcrawler being an Omega Teleporter. In fact have they listed a omega teleporter?
    Nope it was Fabian who boosted him so he could teleport the moon, he died afterwards though the strain was too much.

I had the same thought a while ago. Ironically in another thread made by Mercury, lol.

I have a question (a stupid one!) but would it be possible for the Five to make every mutant they resurrect Omega level? Between manipulating their DNA and such, the entire Mutant race could be omega levels.

Is it necessary Not at all. Just a thought.
    But this is something I think should be explored in the books. Have someone trustworthy (Beast you need not apply), to run the program and keep track of the power levels of resurrected mutants.

Fave status and bragging rights aside, Omega Level Mutants are the "natural resource" of Krakoa and be nurtured.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Omega Level Mutants are the "natural resource" of Krakoa and [to] be nurtured.
    omfg. You are too f'ing cute! lmao! 😂❤️😭🙏
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    omfg. You are too f'ing cute! lmao! ��❤️����
    Lmao, ty!
    10char
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Nope, there is not currently an Omega level teleporter listed but Kurt even with a boost would not be a part of that conversation when Blink, Vanisher, Magik, Pathway, Hub, Amelia Voght, and Lila Cheney are all much more powerful teleporters . I do wonder if some abilities like strength, technopathy and even teleportation just wont get omega level status because of a non mutant's ability to create tech or Hulk being the strongest being in the universe.. Maybe teleportation as a power type has surpassed all mutant teleporters via tech and/or magic...

I just wish we could get a list of what powers could be omega and which ones could not be. Some mutants no matter how powerful they are simply wont be considered omega because of their power type.

Like the forge example still seems silly to me as Forge is not a technopath and even if he was, Taki powers clearly are superior. Or maybe he could just be

As far as mutants I see on the cusp: Siena Blaze for Electro Magnetic Manipulation or Disruption, I would love to get an omega level empath let it be Dani and use that to tie up all of the loose ends with her powers and their ever changing state, Meggan def should be an omega level shape shifter but maybe shape shifting is a power that wont happen and maybe they can throw a bone to Rachel and make her Omega level Psionic energy manipulation, hell I would fix and consolidate Monet's powers by classifying it as Perfection/Order( perfect connection between mind and body) and all of powers/attributes are merely a by product of the perfection mutation i.e. strength, intelligence, telepathy, invulnerability, etc. They could also consolidate Emplate and call his mutation Imperfection/disorder.

Incredible Member

I wl have to go reread. Not sure why I put Exdus and not Fabian. Was exhausted. But I thought it was implied that it was both, or at some point in the series it was implied he was stronger teleporter. Will go back and reread and figure out where.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish they would just retire the whole Omega level mutant thing. Unless your a major villain it just limits characters. Look at Storm. She can basically do almost anything, but they have to nerf her because they just made her too powerful to really work on a team. Same with say Iceman. A good team needs balance to some extent.

If anyone should be Omega teleporter it should be Gateway. He's omniscient and can teleport himself or others through space, time, and other dimensions, physically or astrally. Writers sleep on him, and Hickman made a younger/more fun knockoff in Manifold(who also eclipses Kurt), but the OG deserves more respect.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I'd rather it play out that 'resurrection boosted his abilities' turns out to just have been a theory, and the reality is this is always where Synch was headed, he just died before he could get there the first time around. Its like imagine if someone had killed Bobby when he was just a teenager and still just coating himself with ice, before he learned to transform into it and heal or build new bodies. If that had happened and then they'd brought him back after founding Krakoa, and then Bobby learned how to transform into ice and heal and do all that, it would make sense for someone to theorize resurrection had boosted his powers since he was doing stuff with them he'd never done before he died. But like, since we know from an in-universe perspective that's always where Bobby was headed, even in alternate timelines where he died as a teenager before he reached that......the real explanation would just be.....no, he just is doing stuff with his powers post-resurrection that he'd never achieved pre-death because pre-death he was like, seventeen.

Like yeah, in the past Ev was limited to just duplicating mutant powers, but he was really young and that doesn't mean that was a ceiling imposed by his actual previous power levels versus just a self-imposed limitation derived of not realizing just how great his potential was yet. After all, omegas accidentally, subconsciously and even deliberately limiting themselves at times is a definite thing by this point. They don't have EXTERNAL limitations, but their power is so vast, it can do just about anything....including limit the inherently unlimited. Themselves.

I think there's plenty of ways to add a few mutants to the omega list here and there via just deepening their (or readers') understanding of their powers, rather than making resurrection a tool for auto-tuning mutant powers all the way up the charts.

Like either Gateway or Manifold could easily be retconned or revealed as an omega space manipulator, say, if a writer were to take the tack that again....their limits are largely self-imposed. I mean, there's definitely story potential in the idea that either of them CAN mess with space in all kinds of huge, dramatic ways much more 'powerful' than we've seen from them so far, but the reason we haven't is because neither of them are the type of character who is comfortable just enacting their will over the universe like that. Like, the focus we've seen given to Manifold 'asking' the universe to do various things for him....that's a very interesting perspective to explore, especially if juxtaposed with an awareness that like, Manifold is actually powerful enough to just FORCE the universe to do what he wants, even if 'it says no' or resists, but that's just not who he is. And he looks for ways to work with it more 'naturally' - with this maybe not appearing as powerful in the short run, but in the long run, his stance being much less prone to accidentally damaging the structure of the universe like say, when Magneto ripped holes in it to make wormholes with his power in that one Excalibur run.

Like, a mutant who only uses as much force or power as a task calls for isn't inherently limited to JUST that power, they just have a different approach that might obscure how powerful they really are until such a time and story in which they HAVE to bring the full force of their power to bear. And then others might be surprised and like 'since when can you do that?' but they're just like 'since always, I guess? Idk, never tried it before now but never had much reason to either. Sorry not sorry that I don't go around randomly kicking open doors for the hell of it when there's a doorknob that works just fine. LOL u sound goofy.'

*Shrugs* Just saying, there's ways to introduce more omegas that don't just externally boost them via external plot devices, and I think having a tier of omegas who were bootstrapped to that level by other mutants unnecessarily convolutes a historically convoluted concept that was just deliberately DE-convoluted.

Like let omegas just be mutants who innately have the potential to keep evolving and growing without outside limit....but being complicated sentient minds not innately predisposed to the very IDEA that limits are something they just don't have.....sometimes they accidentally let their own self-image or expectations impose blocks or artificial limits that they don't actually HAVE to be beholden to.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-29-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Maybe the point is that mutants are growing too powerful? That the resurrection tech isn't natural, and they'll destroy the universe or something?