Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Question for the thread:

If it's eventually confirmed that resurrections can boost mutants to Omega level, who do you think should be first in line? Should Gambit get his "New Son" abilities? Should Scott have the power levels of his ultimate counterpart while on Kick? Should Emma & Xavier become Omega telepaths?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Also as far as Manifold, I think he could be omega as well but I dont think he would classify as an omega level teleporter.. They keep noting he is not a teleporter so perhaps Space manipulation would be his power classification. As as far pure teleporters. I would vote for Pathway myself.. She has the range and ability to do just about any teleportational feat you can think of..
    Manifold is not a teleporter per say, but an extension of his real power of talking to the universe. Which makes his power one of communication more closely related to Cypher. Which begs the questions Since Cypher knows every language, does he know the language of the universe and can replicate the teleporting. And if not which mutant would be the omega of translation? The one that can talk to the universe itself but not translate other languages OR the one who can speak all but Bei's and the universes language?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    From the way the spell was described in Trial of Magneto, it scanned past, present and future and gathered the souls of all dead mutants into the Waiting Room. So now, all the resurrections should be up to the point of death, and Cerebro's back-ups are no longer needed, because Wanda's spell is still working. But from Cyclops' recent resurrections he doesn't seems to remember things right before his death. So either the spell was described wrongly, or writers ignore facts established by other writers.

Speaking about possible mutants that could be now resurrected; I wonder, would Magneto's first daughter Anya be revealed to be a latent mutant and be resurrected?
    Thats the way I understood it that even future mutants were on the astrial plane. Hence we could get some 2099 mutants, some Ruby Summers, some Tito. I took it to mean now ALL mutants are on the board to be played with. Someone just has to know to "look" for them in the astral waiting room.

Also Cyclops memory lapse might also be due a third party. We really dont know yet. Maybe Emma or Jean or Xavier or the list of telepaths go on and on, erased his mind for some reason.Or memory loss magic. Theres so many places the story can go, I think its to early to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Thats the way I understood it that even future mutants were on the astrial plane. Hence we could get some 2099 mutants, some Ruby Summers, some Tito. I took it to mean now ALL mutants are on the board to be played with. Someone just has to know to "look" for them in the astral waiting room.

Also Cyclops memory lapse might also be due a third party. We really dont know yet. Maybe Emma or Jean or Xavier or the list of telepaths go on and on, erased his mind for some reason.Or memory loss magic. Theres so many places the story can go, I think its to early to guess.
    Another possibility is when in ToM when it referred to souls it didn’t mean literal soul but figuratively, like when someone says “that poor lost soul”. Concerning the memory gap it’s likely that if the mutant didn’t already have a file it searches the waiting room to start recording right up until that person died, then switches them to a weekly basses and not constantly downloading their memory 24/7 once they have been resurrected once from the Waiting Room. Since Cyke already had a Cerebro file there is no reason for Cerebro to scan the Waiting Room for him. So really two separate systems that lead to the same file storage and updated on a weekly bases
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 02-05-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I don't think we've seen any indications of any kind of body dysmorphia from any resurrectees. By all accounts, everyone who comes back has a clear sense of identity, like, they FEEL like the person they identify as being and don't seem to hold any confusion about who they are or like they're strangers living in someone else's body.....not even like how Betsy and Kwannon occasionally talked about feeling when they were body swapped. So while someone probably could write that kind of story about resurrection at some point, so far it doesn't seem like that's intended as a question the writers want to explore. Resurrectees seem to feel completely comfortable with their bodies, like its familiar, it feels the way its supposed to.

(Although we haven't seen any X-books really tackle how characters who ALREADY experience body dysmorphia feel about being resurrected into the same bodies as they already had, when there was potential for them to be brought back in bodies that could have felt more like them. That could be an interesting storyline to explore, and kinda what I was hoping Ayala was building towards with Cosmar in New Mutants, but perhaps not).

As for the memories question, that part varies, but its because the actual consciousness of mutants is put into their new body from where its been 'backed up' on Cerebro and the Astral Plane, depending on your specific interpretation. Some mutants who died in the past, like at any point before Wanda did her spell in Trial of Magneto, allowing Cerebro to scan through all points in history for the consciousnesses of dead mutants.....when they're resurrected they most likely have every single memory up until the very point of their death....because all of that had already happened and thus was able to be recorded at the specific point of Wanda's spell, where Cerebro could 'catch' literally everything that had happened so far.

But SINCE that point, since the spell didn't enable scanning into the future, mutants who are presently alive are only backed up like once a week or so, like its a regular cyclical thing. Meaning any mutant who does die between their last back-up point and before their next one, like, when they come back they have gaps of up to a few days, as there was nothing to catch the memories they've had since their last back-up.
    And then you have peopel like Cable... would reviving him create him in a healthy state without the cybernetics?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Question for the thread:

If it's eventually confirmed that resurrections can boost mutants to Omega level, who do you think should be first in line? Should Gambit get his "New Son" abilities? Should Scott have the power levels of his ultimate counterpart while on Kick? Should Emma & Xavier become Omega telepaths?
    Personally I think Xavier should already be an Omega telepath, but if the protocols boost him too it he should be first on the list and then he should break bad and fight Jean and QQ. As a Wolverine stan I want him to be omega just so he can be omega, I don't care about the PIS that is needed to get there, just get there lol.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Personally I think Xavier should already be an Omega telepath, but if the protocols boost him too it he should be first on the list and then he should break bad and fight Jean and QQ. As a Wolverine stan I want him to be omega just so he can be omega, I don't care about the PIS that is needed to get there, just get there lol.
    I'm actually in the same boat as you on that. I don't see why Xavier isn't Omega level. I mean I get "why", it's just he was always billed as the be all, end all of telepaths. I'd see him being on the list before QQ and I like QQ (well on most days). Jean vs Xavier would be a sight to behold. Xavier vs QQ would be a bully fest with Xavier being the bully lol. I can respect QQ potential as a psi, but the writers have made it abundantly clear that the man is lacking in the skill and finesse department.

Lmao! Like a true stan. I love this energy.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Question for the thread:

Personally Rachel should be the first to get Omega tk. She was the first named omega (granted they use a different system now) and has been shown to do a number of things on par with that classification in the past. Otherwise I would rather see some younger mutants (like Synch or Wallflower) get the omega boost than another old timer. It's boring to me to see all the OG characters continue to get developments while the younger groups (New Mutants down) languish or don't get the same opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Personally Rachel should be the first to get Omega tk. She was the first named omega (granted they use a different system now) and has been shown to do a number of things on par with that classification in the past. Otherwise I would rather see some younger mutants (like Synch or Wallflower) get the omega boost than another old timer. It's boring to me to see all the OG characters continue to get developments while the younger groups (New Mutants down) languish or don't get the same opportunities.
    Enh... Exodus is one of those guys who is so powerful that him NOT being an Omega just feels weird.... especially if there are Omegas LESS powerful than he is. Like the destruction of that Acolyte space station. Exodus could have simply telekinetically put it back together if not for the fact he was busy fighting Holocaust.... which... was almost DBZ levels of absurdity... in an Xmen comic in the 90s.
    I'm actually in the same boat as you on that. I don't see why Xavier isn't Omega level. I mean I get "why", it's just he was always billed as the be all, end all of telepaths. I'd see him being on the list before QQ and I like QQ (well on most days). Jean vs Xavier would be a sight to behold. Xavier vs QQ would be a bully fest with Xavier being the bully lol. I can respect QQ potential as a psi, but the writers have made it abundantly clear that the man is lacking in the skill and finesse department.

Lmao! Like a true stan. I love this energy.
    In some comics they kinda try to say Xavier is top because of skill, but... well he's also super powerful.

Question for the thread:

At this point I genuinely don't understand why there aren't more omega mutants on the island... infact why all resurrected mutants aren't omega... I mean you have three omega level mutants who can all directly manipulate the mutant gene of a mutant and you mean to tell me that they cant make other mutants omega? Erhm ohk. I feel like now most if not all mutants should be made omega so they have a better chance at surviving the future wars. But only with their consent ofcourse but obviously most would want the upgrade.

But the whole thing where a select few are omega is beginning to feel elitist especially when we now know that resurrection can evolve a mutants capabilities.

Making every mutant Omega class would be impossible just because some mutations can be replicated by technology or a mutation just can’t be Omega class like those who have animal characteristics or other physical mutations. For instance how would Shark-girl look as an omega class? Also any threat they face would seem laughable as this whole society has beings that rival concepts of the universe, but get clapped by this one dude with a laser. Omega class should be one the characters are either born with or whose power is evolving due to constant training and usage.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    Making every mutant Omega class would be impossible just because some mutations can be replicated by technology or a mutation just can’t be Omega class like those who have animal characteristics or other physical mutations. For instance how would Shark-girl look as an omega class? Also any threat they face would seem laughable as this whole society has beings that rival concepts of the universe, but get clapped by this one dude with a laser. Omega class should be one the characters are either born with or whose power is evolving due to constant training and usage.
    Yeah but like they are bringing that concept though? unless resurrection didnt make synch an omega and was a myriad of many other factors...this is a can of worms they have opened and now it kinda doesn't make sense why there are not more omega levels on the island especially when it looks like it would benefit them. And with tech replicating powers cant tech replicate weather manipulation? Magnetism? Psychic powers? Hell even reality warping? We have machines like the ultimate nullifyer that is soo powerful it can erase anything the cosmic control rod that can manipulate cosmic forces on an unimaginable scale... among other insane marvel tech.

Proteus is a reality warper he could give shark girl no upper limit to her mutantion and book you have a hulkurian fish like creature with a bite force that can even tear apart adamantium.
    Evolving with constant usage to omega? then by now like 50 percent of xmen should be omega especially scott. Bobby didnt become omega due to training he was already omega even before he was aware of it... meaning he was born with it, same as every other omega meaning its genetic something elixir and proteus can control. But now with synch the flood gates are kinda open and finally everyone has a shot at becoming an omega mutant especially elementals and psychics. Give polaris, rouge, gambit, kitty, bishop, monet, tempo, takeshi, forge, kwannon and all the other psionic based mutants no upper limits to their mutations so they stand a way better chance against the dominions.

Cause they sitting on this gold mine and not mining it kinda feels stupid...especially considering they could face extinction. But knowing Xavier he will definitely make more omega level mutants if it soo happens that resurrection really does have that power.

The term is only relevant when plot demands it to be so why not let most if not all have it.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-11-2022 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    At this point I genuinely don't understand why there aren't more omega mutants on the island... infact why all resurrected mutants aren't omega... I mean you have three omega level mutants who can all directly manipulate the mutant gene of a mutant and you mean to tell me that they cant make other mutants omega? Erhm ohk. I feel like now most if not all mutants should be made omega so they have a better chance at surviving the future wars. But only with their consent ofcourse but obviously most would want the upgrade.

But the whole thing where a select few are omega is beginning to feel elitist especially when we now know that resurrection can evolve a mutants capabilities.
    Not so sure that we actually do know that though.

If this was the case in it was not even remotely in doubt?

Cyclops should be up around "Sentry..." level by now.

Obviously, that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not so sure that we actually do know that though.

If this was the case in it was not even remotely in doubt?

Cyclops should be up around "Sentry..." level by now.

Obviously, that is not the case.
    It definitely does especially looking at wild child and nanny. They literally upgraded after resurrection. Scott maybe needs to die a little bit more to get to that sweet sentry spot.

Fantastic Member

If resurrection can make someone an Omega, I hope they would just use it for characters who already showed incredible power and just hadn't been officially stated to me an Omega. Like, Synch, Polaris, Rachel, Manifold, maybe Rogue.

I think making everyone Omega level would be pointless, because if everyone are super-powerful, then there is no tension and stakes, or everyone would act like idiots who forgot to use their powers to solve the problems. Writers already struggle to write current omega level mutants adequately. I mean, Storm, Jean, Magneto, Exodus could solve most of the problems singlehandedly, not to mention the reality-warpers who could literally whish anything they want into existence. Like, what's the point of all the struggle with Orchis' station around the Sun, Master Mold and Nimrod, what's the need to send X-Force or Mystique to destroy it, if we know what Magneto could just pull a few asteroids and hurl them at the station to obliterate it. Exodus should be capable to do the same with telekinesis, or he could just rip the station apart with no problem.

To be fair, writers nowadays struggle to utilize super-powers effectively/interestingly, most of the time they just use them in the same way over and over again. For example, how often Storm use anything over than throwing lightnings around? Unless it is some big show of power, like during Mars' terraformation, she rarely use anything else in battles. Or someone like Magik, she is freaking Sorceress Supreme of her own dimension full of demons, but how often she use any of that? I can barely remember any examples, most of the time she just attack enemies head-on with sword, even teleportation is rarely used in battles. Nowadays battles in comics look more like characters just posing, rather than fighting. So, what is the point of making someone an omega level mutant, if they powers would be ignored all the same?