Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Horizon Forbidden West

This is coming out in a few weeks, continuing Aloy's post-apocalyptic robot animal adventure in the West coast (First game came was set in the Midwest). Most of the surviving characters are returning but they're also bringing in Carrie Ann Moss and Angela Bassett.

Part of the main loose ends in the original was that something awakened HADES, so I'm guessing this might reveal who or what. Aliens? Another human tribe, perhaps one more advanced than the others (Carrie Ann Moss's character design seems to suggest this). Or perhaps Ted Faro, who caused the whole mess in the first place, is somehow still alive.

Also wondering if they'll continue the easter egg/nods to Death Stranding/Kojima (Who did so in turn when DS came out).

Anybody looking forward to it?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Early reviews are in. Some say it's one of the best video game sequels of all time.

Just a few more days now…

Sony will make this into a movie. If they can just nail the casting this will be a hit.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Ugh how long will I have to wait for the PC version

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Ugh how long will I have to wait for the PC version
    3 years if going by the port of the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Sony will make this into a movie. If they can just nail the casting this will be a hit.
    Wonder if they'd include Burch in a cameo or larger role like Uncharted did with Nolan North.

As for Aloy, Erin Kellerman has the basic look down but I'm not sure if she can do Aloy's American accent.

Sylens of course is super easy: Just cast Lance Reddick.

Seriously, Sony would have had me at release if they hadn’t put this out a week before Elden Ring. It’s like a digital version of the Donut Experiment.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Seriously, Sony would have had me at release if they hadn’t put this out a week before Elden Ring. It’s like a digital version of the Donut Experiment.
    Maybe Sony is counting on people rage quitting Elden Ring due to difficulty and hop on Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Maybe Sony is counting on people rage quitting Elden Ring due to difficulty and hop on Horizon.
    They have done it the other way round then - Mop up all those drawn into the latest From Software Masochism Simulator by the hype, but then thrown out when they can't get past the first boss. I loved Horizon, but it's like a nice stroll in the countryside.

Eeh, going by reviews hard more Horizon is probably harder then the first run of Elden Ring. Playing through it now, im gonna finish Horizon first. Its quite good. Elden Ring seems like its going to be really long so i want a clean slate going in. Maybe they even have a patch out by the time i jump in.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-24-2022 at 06:56 AM.

Still in the prologue section and first impressions are that movement is greatly improved from Zero Dawn, feels much more fluid and responsive, really like that excess items are sent to your camp stash too, don't miss inventory management from Zero Dawn. Favor Resolution mode is running very well and smooth thus far

edit:
    Bit further in now and dear lord the impact the PS5's m.2 SSD makes on titles like this is enormous, the fact that you can fast travel with near instant load screens makes such a huge difference
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-01-2022 at 12:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I'm loving the game so far. Have been in the West for a bit now doing all sorts of things. I like how they have changed things up so when your doing things like Longnecks or Cauldrons they are all very different. The only thing that kind of bugs me is there are way too many campfires and shelters. It seems like every 10ft there is another one. It makes the map look way too clutered.

okay wow, was starting to finish up the story and was actually wondering if they were going to wrap up everything in this game. NOPE. Looks like it's getting the trilogy treatment. Also wondering how long before GG puts out DLC this time, doubt they'll wait as long as they did with the previous game

Given Lance Riddick and Carrie Ann Moss being in this I'm half-expecting Keanu Reeves to show up in 3.