Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is A.X.E. setting the stage for how the MCU will introduce Mutants?

so, now that previews have revealed the X-Men getting involved in A.X.E. because the Eternals suddenly decide Mutants are an off-shoot of the Deviants...

the comics are setting a precedent the MCU can then follow, to explain that their Mutants are an off-shoot of their Deviants as well... Deviants who either cross-bred with humans, or just evolved to more closely resemble us.

it sets up a perfect excuse for them not appearing in the MCU timeline before now: they were aware of the Eternals, and chose to stay in hiding until the Eternals left earth and/or died, so as not to attract their ire/attention.

this idea fits with how the Deviants were depicted in the film, and suggests that Kro wasn't the only one who learned to walk upright, speak, gained powers, etc

discuss
    Last edited by Aarkus; 01-28-2022 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    so, now that previews have revealed the X-Men getting involved in A.X.E. because the Eternals suddenly decide Mutants are an off-shoot of the Deviants...

the comics are setting a precedent the MCU can then follow, to explain that their Mutants are an off-shoot of their Deviants as well... Deviants who either cross-bred with humans, or just evolved to more closely resemble us.

it sets up a perfect excuse for them not appearing in the MCU timeline before now: they were aware of the Eternals, and chose to stay in hiding until the Eternals left earth and/or died, so as not to attract their ire/attention.

this idea fits with how the Deviants were depicted in the film, and suggests that Kro wasn't the only one who learned to walk upright, speak, gained powers, etc

discuss
    To be fair the "mutants are an off-shot of deviants" is not really a sudden thing. It was one of those fan theories who surfaced once a while often subtly supported by this or that author.
    There is also he funny, but probably is just artistic coincidence, that Apocalypse and Kro are VERY similar in powers and look,

Almost everything is really an offshoot of Eternals or Deviants.

We've seen a mixture of Inhuman and Deviant - Malestrom (sic).

This could have happened for ages.
    That is why I think Atlanteans most likely have deviant genes and possibly Inhuman ones too.

There are just too many vast eras of time for the races/sub types of humanity to have NOT explored all this.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Thor, Hercules and the other Gods have entered the chat.....
    The J-man

Ultimate Member

Movie Deviants are almost nothing like comics Deviants.

I mean it wouldn't surprise me to see the MCU make "the Mutants" of the MU basically descendant from monstrous apex like creatures that stole the celestial essence of the beautiful eternal robot people that look exactly like humans, complete with the lines about how perfect they looked. so sort of like from next step in evolution to super powered neanderthal.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I don't think they would make them Deviants, but the Deviants explained Celestial evolution in the MCU, that can be applied to anything and anyone who isn't an Eternal robot. I don't know why they made Thanos a robot in the MCU, unless a Deviant had a baby with a robot? They're gonna have to change the whole "Eternals are advanced robots" for this sh*t to make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Thor, Hercules and the other Gods have entered the chat.....
    Well the Celestials were not elated when they discovered the gods messed with thekr experiments, Odin built the destroyer to deal with them channeling the powers of ALL the allfathers(zeus and company) and they got the assessment kicked royally by the Celestials( fun fact Celestials themselves multiple time got their cosmic armor kicked by Galactus....when not gimped by story needs Big G is one scary ************!)

For a very brief period there was this theory that the earth deities were just Eternal tribes, but that was discarded soon. Still is kind of weird how many eternals have played gods roles in earth history, and how we KNOW as fact that Deviants and Eternals can ascend to godhood(the skrull pantheon was born in this way) or fall in demonhood...and funny thing also regular deities can fall in becoming demons, and so can I humans becoming deities(Mayian pantheon as example).
    So in theory also mutants can ascend to full blown godhood.( they just need enough worshippers ) or fall into full demonhood( and of this we already saw soem examples)
    <BTW I love that story of Odin and all all-father getting their ass kicked only Gaia and the All-mothers team saving the day thank to diplomacy and pulling out a "norrin radd sacrifice" of sort
    <here take this new gods to paly with and leave earth alone for a while we pinky promise to not mess with hi,a kind too much...boiled down>

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I mean it wouldn't surprise me to see the MCU make "the Mutants" of the MU basically descendant from monstrous apex like creatures that stole the celestial essence of the beautiful eternal robot people that look exactly like humans, complete with the lines about how perfect they looked. so sort of like from next step in evolution to super powered neanderthal.
    Uhmmmm....you said it like it was a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't think they would make them Deviants, but the Deviants explained Celestial evolution in the MCU, that can be applied to anything and anyone who isn't an Eternal robot. I don't know why they made Thanos a robot in the MCU, unless a Deviant had a baby with a robot? They're gonna have to change the whole "Eternals are advanced robots" for this sh*t to make any sense.
    The whole advanced robot make confusing. They are artificial being, yes, they had b3en "programmed" yes. But for what i see, Etenrals are organic based. So in theory, is possible for for to have kids with mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post

discuss
    Comics already had the x-gene created by the Celestials. So it might be just touching further on that.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    The whole advanced robot make confusing. They are artificial being, yes, they had b3en "programmed" yes. But for what i see, Etenrals are organic based. So in theory, is possible for for to have kids with mortals
    Pretty much. The MCU Eternals are basically superpowered "bioroids," or Replicants from Blade Runner, in essence organic machines, which isn't exactly a new phenomenon in sci-fi, albeit less common. Hell, they might count as the original definition of "cyborg," short for "cybernetic organism," a machine created to emulate organic forms and functions.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

It won't work well, comic Deviants at the very least are still an early human offshoot and they are 100% sapient. While MCU Deviants are alien and pretty much dehumanized.
    It will kinda frame mutants as something less than human which is not a good look.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Comics already had the x-gene created by the Celestials. So it might be just touching further on that.
    X-gene is more like the manifestation of the original Celestial "seed" through a long time of evolution of humans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

We've seen a mixture of Inhuman and Deviant - Malestrom (sic).

This could have happened for ages.
    That is why I think Atlanteans most likely have deviant genes and possibly Inhuman ones too.

There are just too many vast eras of time for the races/sub types of humanity to have NOT explored all this.
    Well, everyone on Earth is a mostly "human offshoot", they branches off from the "main human line", while some of them probably share genes with earlier offshoots(like how Kree is inspired by Eternals to make Inhumans.),But they are not direct branch-offs from Eternals/Deviants. More like mainline humans with added genes.
    Atlanteans' official story is that Neptune created them I think. The other theories involve Deviants/Inhuman experiment I think.