Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if some "aftermath" mini will be announced in May's solicits.
    "A world without a Justice League".
    GENIOUS!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

The thing is, there will still be plenty of former (and founding) Leaguers around to form a JL that still feels like the JL. However, I'm sure DC will want to do something that appears more radical to get internet tongues wagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Jon Kent(Leader)
    Luke Fox
    Yara Flor
    Jessica Cruz
    Luke Fox? This guy must be stuck in some alternate reality where 5G actually came out! Hey, tell me, did they actually kill off Dick Grayson? That'd make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The thing is, there will still be plenty of former (and founding) Leaguers around to form a JL that still feels like the JL. However, I'm sure DC will want to do something that appears more radical to get internet tongues wagging.
    Put Bendis on a title called "New Justice League" maybe?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Luke Fox? This guy must be stuck in some alternate reality where 5G actually came out! Hey, tell me, did they actually kill off Dick Grayson? That'd make my day.
    Dick dying and Bruce and Clark dying slow painful deaths would make your day, is this your "gimmick?" Are you some sort of "wacky" troll but not troll, just curious. I'm sure you've got a super duper clever response in your back pocket all ready. All your posts are a little tryhardish so I just gotta know.

I think that would be interesting. A lot of people are hoping that this event leads to the return of the JSA. It would be well timed with the Black Adam movie on the horizon. I could see DC having Black Adam reform the Justice Society in the League’s absence. Maybe he escaped his prison for a time in the 40s and helped the JSA fight Nazis.

The WildCATS were also brought back over in Batman: Urban Legends, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw their hat in the ring as the replacement team.

While I can’t imagine this Death will create new characters as memorable as Steel, Cyborg Superman, or Superboy I would like to see DC attempt to introduce some new heroes or a whole new team. Or hell bring back The Power Company!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    While I canÂ’t imagine this Death will create new characters as memorable as Steel, Cyborg Superman, or Superboy I would like to see DC attempt to introduce some new heroes or a whole new team. Or hell bring back The Power Company!
    Y'know what might be interesting to see come out of this? Dual-mantle legacies. Not gonna happen with the Future State crew kicking around, all nice and new and shiny and representing 6/7 of the Big 7; those kids probably have most of DC's attention and it seems unlikely we'll get another crop of new characters with League ties so soon.

But it might be an interesting twist on the legacy concept. I've thought this for years, ever since Supergirl came back in post-Crisis and spent all those months living on Themyscria; why do legacy heroes always only pick *one* hero to be inspired by? Why didn't we see Kara, back then, wearing House El colors and the "S" family crest, but adorned on Amazonian armor, with shield and spear? I wouldn't want to see Kara be a dual-legacy now, it wouldn't make sense in current continuity, but you get my drift.

Such characters would stand out pretty well; just an example but a (half) Super or Wonder hanging around the Batcave isn't exactly going to fade into the background, yknow? But at the same time those are very familiar, welcome franchises that fans know. So you'd get a sense of newness and uniqueness while still having all the classic bits in the mix.

I think the closest we've ever really gotten to this is "kids from the future" like from Kingdom Come or that one JLA arc before Snyder came on. Oh, and the Super Young Team from Final Crisis, who were basically the Teen Titans of Japan, and had guys like Most Excellent Super-Bat; a kid so rich he could afford to buy anything (basically he had Batman money he used to buy stuff that gave him Superman powers). Never understood why we don't see more stuff like that. Maybe there'd be too much fighting about which editorial department got control, or something equally petty, or maybe it's just a dumb idea and I'm the only one who thinks it has potential, I dunno.

And I'd be down for a return of the Power Company. Probably wanna tweak the concept to better fit the corporate landscape of today, maybe use more familiar faces than the original run, which mostly stuck with mostly new/unknown faces, but it's a solid concept that could fill a empty niche within the DCU. Even if it couldn't carry a title of its own (barely anything can these days) it'd be good to have them pop up in other titles.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-31-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

It would make sense to see some in-universe ascendancy of the Original Titans, as their mentors are all going to be killed in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    It would make sense to see some in-universe ascendancy of the Original Titans, as their mentors are all going to be killed in the event.
    You make it sound like you think the JL members all actually die . . .

As much as I'd like for a bunch of new teams to rise out of this, I certainly don't want any kind of "competition" or rivalry in any way. That's just too petty a thing between heroes. I'd rather they all form independently, then agree that four teams are better than one but they'll stay in touch when the occasion calls for it.
    To be honest, most of the professional settings I've been in have had people in sort of rivalries, at least as far as trying to out-do the other person. It could very well be a situation like Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris in 1961. It certainly wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a team to want to get a more visual positioning now that the JL is off the table. Of course we are talking about teams here and within each team is a selected group of personalities who probably won't be on the same page regarding this.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Dick dying and Bruce and Clark dying slow painful deaths would make your day, is this your "gimmick?" Are you some sort of "wacky" troll but not troll, just curious. I'm sure you've got a super duper clever response in your back pocket all ready. All your posts are a little tryhardish so I just gotta know.
    Not sure what you're asking for, Mr. Detective. I pay my taxes and post my opinions, same as you. (Except for that taxes part.)

Is there any chance this "event" is motivated by DC needing to publish certain team titles or lose the rights? So, they need to publish, let's say, an "Infinity, Inc" book, but the best way to make them sell is to table the JL for awhile.

DC has already said there won't be any JL titles, so how about (and for fun, I'm sticking character names in front, a la "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps")
    -- Nightwing and the Outsiders
    -- Hal Jordan and Infinity, Inc.
    -- Mr Terrific and The Power Company
    -- Zatanna and The Primal Force (I'm guessing Z will be the lone survivor)

Is there any chance this "event" is motivated by DC needing to publish certain team titles or lose the rights? So, they need to publish, let's say, an "Infinity, Inc" book, but the best way to make them sell is to table the JL for awhile.

DC has already said there won't be any JL titles, so how about (and for fun, I'm sticking character names in front, a la "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps")
    Would be ironic if the only survivor ends being Black Adam.
    Ironic... and suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    If the Death of the justice League is a way to celebrate the Death of Supermna, including the stop of the regular series for a while... will also DC celebrate the "Reing of the Supermen" with a "Reign of the Justice Leagues", with several titles of teams who try to replace the Justice League, each team calling themselves the true Justice League?
    It could be such strategy possible?

I don't see how because of the sheer number of various Justice League titles over the years and with so many other titles like JSA, The Teen Titans, The Legion of Super-Heroes, Young Justice, The Titans, The Outsiders, The Suicide Squad, The Doom Patrol, The Secret Six, The Resistance, and etc might make more sense to use them and help promote the various TV shows and movies that they got out plus maybe use this stunt to make The Justice League a big deal again.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 02-02-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Possible? Trademarks can be held forever as long as you use them, but I don't know how close any of those teams might be to the deadline.

That's kind of what I'm hoping for.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.