Default The Question (Vic Sage) Appreciation 2022 <originally Charlton Comics>

NOTE: Previous versions of this thread =

From his first DC Comics series (cover-dated February 1987):

Vic reading about Rorschach is definitely one of my favorite moments...

Too bad it ended badly, though.

Loved the O'neil Question. A pity writers couldn't figure out what to do with him for so many years afterwards.

I liked the JLU Question and the Question miniseries by Rick Vietch. I haven't gotten around to the O'Neil run yet but its on the list.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-30-2022 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I liked the JLU Question and the Question miniseries by Rick Vietch. I haven't gotten around to the O'Neil run yet but its on the list.
    O'neil's is just amazing.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Steve Ditko.

DitkoQuestion..jpg

I'm so glad they gave him a darker blue color-scheme during the O'Neil series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    O'neil's is just amazing.
    I'm just looking for a collection on Comixology. They have it in single issues. I'll try Amazon next.

I was reading Batman:the Imposter yesterday. I think the Grounded format would work better with the Question. So I don't mind if they do another Black Label miniseries in that style.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2022 at 08:33 AM.

I love The Question .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love The Question .
    Me too!......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm just looking for a collection on Comixology. They have it in single issues. I'll try Amazon next.

I was reading Batman:the Imposter yesterday. I think the Grounded format would work better with the Question. So I don't mind if they do another Black Label miniseries in that style.
    there an omnibus coming out soon. you might still have a chance to pre order it cause it will go out of print very quicky i expect.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    there an omnibus coming out soon. you might still have a chance to pre order it cause it will go out of print very quicky i expect.
    I buy digital so it's not a concern. I found it on Amazon but it's a 100 bucks...I'll check the library next.

For about three months in the 80s, aka my high school years, I bought comics from a mail-subscription service, kinda like Mile High Comics. They threw in one or two free comics per month, including a copy of The Question. This particular issue opened with a flashback to Hub City in the 19th century, and the winner of a mayoral election being declared. Said winner offers his hand to the losing candidate, and the losing candidate pulls out his six-gun and shoots the winner dead, then threateningly asks if anybody has a problem with it before he gets sworn in.

A third of a century later, that opening flashback seems more and more relevant lately.