Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Joker 2

So it's New York, New York.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You wanna see joker dance to Partyman don't you?
    Not particularly. I'm genuinely asking why a musical? I mean, it is possible that it could be a musical and good, but it's an odd and baffling choice if true. I'm just trying to understand why that maybe.

Incredible Member

so Gaga can sing of course.

And he's not a bad singer either, even though it's been a long time (Walk the Line)

It's probably gonna be fantasy/Hallucinations

Admittingly I haven't seen much of her acting work in A Star Is Born and the Gucci film, and I know she's toned down some of her more eccentric stuff in the last half-decade, but I can definitely kind of see her as Harley.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    ...why a musical?
    All dancing on stairs all the time! (can't wait for Gaga's rendition of "Joker Face!")

Astonishing Member

Sounds groovy, will mark the release date on the calendar for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    All dancing on stairs all the time! (can't wait for Gaga's rendition of "Joker Face!")

I'm kind of hoping for some prince tributes myself. Or, if they want to go full satirical, "Shaun of the Dead".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I wonder if Philips is going to get some more Gary Glitter songs for this movie

Nah but seriously. I have no trust whatsoever in Philips telling a story with a female lead hahaha. If it follows the comics, then I trust him even less. I didn’t find the first film particularly nuanced with its focus on mental health, and I doubt that whatever he focusses on in this movie will have me feeling any different. I want to be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jeezus I hope this isn’t some love story with Joker and Harley. They finally got casual fans to realize that Joker was an abusive monster and Harley suffered from battered spouse syndrome. We finally got to a point where dumbasses no longer post pictures of the two of them with “relationship goals” as a caption.
    Harley, at least post-BTAS, is arguably DC's most problematic character in any incarnation. She's typically either glorification of a toxic relationship or "serial killer as a Mary Sue."

Obviously, with this incarnation they can rewrite her origin to be whatever they want. Ten years from now people might not even know she started out as Joker's girlfriend.

It's interesting that if you think of "Joker" as being based on "Taxi Driver" and "King of Comedy", Harley can be seen as a combination of the two main female characters in those movies as played by Jodie Foster and Sandra Bernhard. (especially the latter - she was nuts!)

Who knows? A horror-themed musical starring a homicidal sociopath and his lunatic girlfriend might be exactly what this country needs right now.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Lady Gaga is a very good actress. If she is taking on the role of Quinn it means the movie is sticking to the ingredients of the first film. I don't see Lady Gaga playing a clownish Harley Quinn like Robbie does in the DC Extended Universe movies.

BANNED

Not particularly. I'm genuinely asking why a musical? I mean, it is possible that it could be a musical and good, but it's an odd and baffling choice if true. I'm just trying to understand why that maybe.
    I can't think of any other popular DC characters that a musical would be suited for than Joker and Quinn. A dark musical is in the veins of their characters.

You really don't have to understand it now. It's fine to wait.