Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Strongest Person Composite MCU Eternal Can Defeat

I think this makes for a pretty complex one to puzzle out.

All the MCU Eternals are fused into a single being with all of their abilities. Please note: This is not a stacked composite. I don't know if MCU Eternals have a Uni-mind but any Uni-mind is disallowed.

All fights take place in a deserted Feudal Japan. The so-called Big Eternal will begin in the old capital of Edo. Opponent(s) must be dropped within 1 mile of their position.

Who is the strongest person that the Big Eternal could defeat in combat?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-31-2022 at 09:37 AM.

Stacking is too much math for me to figure out so I'm glad you didn't do that lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Basically comes down to the blitz, really.

Extraordinary Member

Ok so we're talking about a being that has Ikaris' strength, durability and flight speed, along with Makkari's general super speed. In terms of ranged options it can shoot energy from its eyes and finger guns, both of which are pretty potent, while adding Thena's weapon creation to beef up the close combat even further. Does Gilgamesh's energy gauntlet thingies beef up this beings strength even further or not?

And it's esoterics are:
    - Druig's mind control.
    - Sprite's illusions.
    - Sersi's matter transmutation.
    - Phastos' tech powers.
    - Ajak's healing ability (could it be used on themself?).

It's a pretty scary opponent. My first suggestion is live action Jean Grey in her Dark Phoenix persona from X-men: Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok so we're talking about a being that has Ikaris' strength, durability and flight speed, along with Makkari's general super speed. In terms of ranged options it can shoot energy from its eyes and finger guns, both of which are pretty potent, while adding Thena's weapon creation to beef up the close combat even further. Does Gilgamesh's energy gauntlet thingies beef up this beings strength even further or not?

And it's esoterics are:
    - Druig's mind control.
    - Sprite's illusions.
    - Sersi's matter transmutation.
    - Phastos' tech powers.
    - Ajak's healing ability (could it be used on themself?).

It's a pretty scary opponent. My first suggestion is live action Jean Grey in her Dark Phoenix persona from X-men: Dark Phoenix.
    Does Sersi have the old "no transmuting living things," gimmick that some transmuters have or is she all guns blazing?

Because that + Makkari's speed is the real hump for me.

I'm also politely amused that the powerset all laid out really sounds like how the MCU would do a Herald level character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Does Sersi have the old "no transmuting living things," gimmick that some transmuters have or is she all guns blazing?

Because that + Makkari's speed is the real hump for me.

I'm also politely amused that the powerset all laid out really sounds like how the MCU would do a Herald level character.
    At the start of the movie Sersi is limited to non-sentient matter, but then she gets a power-up mid movie that allows her to pull it off (she turns a deviant into a tree), and I think she keeps it but is a bit reluctant until the end.

And yeah, it does kinda sound like the power set of a MCU Silver Surfer.

At the start of the movie Sersi is limited to non-sentient matter, but then she gets a power-up mid movie that allows her to pull it off (she turns a deviant into a tree), and I think she keeps it but is a bit reluctant until the end.

Ooof, this is a tough one.

I think we're technically edging into glass cannon territory here. Big Eternal has potentially massive offensive ability and the speed to deliver it but is comparatively fragile compared to the level opponent they can take out.

Also, the longer the fight goes on, the more time you get for illusions and mind control in play.

So, you kinda got to go to blitzing Makkari which is a pretty tall order because she's, as I recall, somewhere in the thousands of mach or something.

Hmm... Big Eternal be swole.

She transmutes a living being once but doesn't replicate it until she uses the uni-mind. So it is unclear it she can do that willy nilly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    She transmutes a living being once but doesn't replicate it until she uses the uni-mind. So it is unclear it she can do that willy nilly now.
    If she did it once but didn't like, wouldn't that fall under CIS? In that it's notionally her moral code that prevents her from operating in that way rather than a mechnical inability to do so?

I've got a couple of ideas for match ups. Is Sersei's transmutation range or contact? If the former, how far out and how accurate is she with it?

Extraordinary Member

Here's a video that displays Sersi's powers. It seems like she requires touch, or at best possibly a short distance to the target.

Regarding her transmuting living matter. She does it once with the deviant and the next time is when she's boosted by the uni-mind thing and she turns a celestial being born into stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If she did it once but didn't like, wouldn't that fall under CIS? In that it's notionally her moral code that prevents her from operating in that way rather than a mechnical inability to do so?

I've got a couple of ideas for match ups. Is Sersei's transmutation range or contact? If the former, how far out and how accurate is she with it?
    It isn't a moral thing. Everyone (including her) thinks she can't do it and she spends the whole movie saying doing it once was a fluke she can't replicate. The only she overcomes it again, she's boosted by the uni-mind to transmute the massive (continent sized? Scale feels inconsistent) Celestial.

Like they could have her overcome the limitation consistently next movie and I wouldn't bat an eye, but it hasn't been established conclusively yet as something she can do again without the uni-mind. You could make a case that Big Eternal might be able to thanks to the intelligence of Phastos and the confidence of Khingo, because it seems to be a mental block.

Edit: What I'm saying is it likely IS CIS in her not knowing her own limits. But CIS is actually still on for rumbles. people confuse this point, but people who are bad at using their powers consistently don't magically get gud. They just ignore plot inconsistencies through PIS and moral codes thanks to bloodlust. If she doesn't know how to do a thing, she can't do the thing.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 02-01-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Thank you Dark, I agree definitely touch or at least a few inches distance seems to be the deal.

Okay, I'll suggest Alita from Battle Angel Alita: Last Order at the height of her power. She's absurdly multi-mach so she should be able to handle Makkari's speed, she doesn't have an organic brain which would presumably stop Druig's mind control and has skill and offensive power out the wazoo.

If she gets knowledge of the Sersi's abilities as part of standard knowledge then she can fight skillfully enough and use her plasma claws and wing blades to prevent her from being touched and transmuted. If she does get touched on a limb, she could just chop it off as well as dismemberment is a lot less debilitating for a cyborg.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 02-01-2022 at 08:14 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Seems like you've hit on the big issues - having not seen the film, I haven't really been comfortable weighing in, but with the rundown above I can get a better idea.

Last Order Alita certainly seems like a logical choice.

Going into my usual grab-bag isn't working. Certain canon characters from Anima would do fine, but we're looking for 'lowest', not 'murder-the-crap-out-of'. Similarly Creatures of Light and Darkness. Ah...wait.

The Steel General, from Creatures, is a character strong enough to kill nebulously hyper-durable people with his fists, and who can utilize Temporal Fugue to try to counter Makkari's speed. He has enough time to get it up and running if he starts a mile away. Comp Eternal will kill a ****-ton of 'him', but the temporal clone army should at least hold itself together long enough to start making with the Temporal Fugue attacks, at which point they're doing stuff like 'hitting five seconds in the future' and 'ooop, sorry but I hit you five seconds ago and that just rewrote everything you did in that time.' <- this is the important one and will seriously degrade the Eternal's effectiveness once the hitting starts.

The mind control poops out for similar reasons as Alita - at the time of the books, he's 100% robotic with a ring of flesh he wears as a reminder of his humanity (end-of-book dude has gone back to a human body, so we're not going to talk about him...no feats, as well).

I suppose it's possible Comp Eternal kills/transmutes the General before he gets everything up and ready (which takes a split second - how much of one, I have no idea, but it's not long; the only reason the fight between the General and 'Wakim' has a long start-up time is because they're both Fugue-Masters, every other use of Fugue is just 'boom, done'), but we're into a 'maybe she does, maybe she doesn't' area so it seems like he's a good match for her WITHOUT needing superspeed (which is fun to find). And while being powerful on an objective basis, with regards to Creatures he's not even close to being top dog.

So from Creatures of Light and Darkness, The Steel General seems to be 'the strongest Composite Eternal can beat'. People below him (Madrak, Horus - who apparently has defeated an incarnation of the Steel General but really doesn't have the proper feats to win, here - Megra, Osiris and Anubis sans lots of prep, Vramin same regarding prep or lack thereof, maybe Isis - hard to say, she's lacking feats but has high presentation) flat-out lose, people/beings above him (The Prince Who Was A Thousand, Set the Destroyer, The Thing That Cries In The Night, Typhon) obliterate the composite.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-01-2022 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Waaaay too much editing of this one.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

An actual Herald like the Silver Surfer might be able to do it as he has speed/transmutation/AOE powers himself.

DCEU Doomsday might as well. If the Eternal stays in the Air all he can do is hit him with energy attacks which he absorbs. Close range the Eternal wants none of Doomsday especially if he adapts to his speed with his AOE blasts going off to counter as well.

Still best bet would be the Mutants with both Phoenix's, Legion, and Shadow King able to take down the composite one on one.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

What about movie Apocalypse?

Is that the good match-up there?

Massive psychic power so mind control won't work, he's a transmutation guy himself with arguably better range than the composite, he has a feat of adapting to and tagging a speedster who is notionally in Makkari's ballpark...

Could be a good match?