Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What about movie Apocalypse?

Is that the good match-up there?

Massive psychic power so mind control won't work, he's a transmutation guy himself with arguably better range than the composite, he has a feat of adapting to and tagging a speedster who is notionally in Makkari's ballpark...

Could be a good match?
    I totally spaced out on him when I posted that.. Apparently I just said his name out loud and forgot to write it down But yes along with others he should be able to best the Eternal solo with his power set or have a great fight.

All fights could go either way with both sides having regeneration powers and similar abilities.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 02-04-2022 at 10:38 AM.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What about movie Apocalypse?

Is that the good match-up there?

Massive psychic power so mind control won't work, he's a transmutation guy himself with arguably better range than the composite, he has a feat of adapting to and tagging a speedster who is notionally in Makkari's ballpark...

Could be a good match?
    I think that his issue would be that adaptation time. Makkari speed with Ikaris/Gil strength and Thena weapons probably chops him to ribbons before he can adapt.

If we spot him the speed from the get-go, then yeah, he's got a decent shot.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Once adapted to something I'm pretty sure you don't have to adapt to it again. A good example of this is when he experienced Xavier's Telepathy for the first time while using Cerebro showing he can adapt near instantly or once exposed. After that he didn't have to adapt to it anymore(and it wasn't part if his power set before that time.)

Also his time to adapt was incredibly quick. Remember a less motivated Quicksilver did his Mansion Explosion feat earlier in the movie showing how slow time passes when he uses his speed. When he was very motivated and angry at Apocalypse he uses his speed again and Apocalypse adapted to him mid blitz while he was moving at full speed after 2 or 3 hits. So his adaption time is stupidly quick to go with his quick reaction time.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Once adapted to something I'm pretty sure you don't have to adapt to it again. A good example of this is when he experienced Xavier's Telepathy for the first time while using Cerebro showing he can adapt near instantly or once exposed. After that he didn't have to adapt to it anymore(and it wasn't part if his power set before that time.)

Also his time to adapt was incredibly quick. Remember a less motivated Quicksilver did his Mansion Explosion feat earlier in the movie showing how slow time passes when he uses his speed. When he was very motivated and angry at Apocalypse he uses his speed again and Apocalypse adapted to him mid blitz while he was moving at full speed after 2 or 3 hits. So his adaption time is stupidly quick to go with his quick reaction time.
    Sure enough, buuuuut:

1. This composite should hit insanely harder than Quicksilver. And they really only need one hit when Thena's things swung with Ikaris's stregth at Makkari's speed bisects 'Poccy in two.

2. We don't know that Quicksilver was actually going all-out against Poccy - he had no reason to believe that he had to. Maybe, maybe not - it's somewhat inconclusive. We know that he was not against Jean when she reacted to him in the third old new (goddamn that Fox "continuity" is annoying) simply because the world was not completely frozen around him.

3. We don't know that Poccy keeps that adaptation at full bore. Again, he only uses it once. Sooooo... dunno. He never again uses any super speed, and it sure would have been useful for him to do so.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Having just re watched the feat he took more hits but they didn't affect him at all. I also forgot that he has ridiculous sheilds that will keep out whatever the Eternal throws at him as World effecting Magneto along with all other X Men attacks couldn't get past it and he fighting Xavier on the Astral plane at the same time he was doing this as well.
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 02-04-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Sure enough, buuuuut:

1. This composite should hit insanely harder than Quicksilver. And they really only need one hit when Thena's things swung with Ikaris's stregth at Makkari's speed bisects 'Poccy in two.

2. We don't know that Quicksilver was actually going all-out against Poccy - he had no reason to believe that he had to. Maybe, maybe not - it's somewhat inconclusive. We know that he was not against Jean when she reacted to him in the third old new (goddamn that Fox "continuity" is annoying) simply because the world was not completely frozen around him.

3. We don't know that Poccy keeps that adaptation at full bore. Again, he only uses it once. Sooooo... dunno. He never again uses any super speed, and it sure would have been useful for him to do so.
    I see we were posting at almost the same time

1. With his ability to put up a sheild and still use all his powers normally (as shown in his final battle) I don't see him being bothered by strength. Even if hit he has regeneration and once the sheild goes up it's his fight to lose. Also after the blitz he wasn't hurt or effected by Quicksilvers hits at all, he was merely annoyed.

2. He was going g all out against Apocalypse because Apocalypse and his men were destroying the world while standing in a literal scorched Earth wasteland that moments before was a regular city. Quicksilver is lazy but he isn't stupid and with the Intel the X Men had on Apocalypse it wouldn't make since for him to give less effort when saving a School of people when the Entire Earth is actively being destroyed.

3. Right after that Quicksilver fight he was attacked by World Effecting Magneto and the entire X Men, as well as Charles fighting back in the Astral plane. So he was fighting both physically and mentally and using powers in both places while attacking/defending simultaneously multiple opponents(like Cyclops who he melted into a wall and Beast who he chucked away while at the same time sheilding against Magneto and over powering Charles in the Astral plane.)

Plus just like other speedsters or Jean in the following movie it wouldn't make any sense for Apoc or Jean to show their speed outside of them countering Quicksilver because it would show that nobody could ever stop them and the heroes would lose instantly as nobody there can react to them without a BS one time power up as their powers abilities don't allow them to aquire powers like that. So outside of massive PIS the movie wouldn't make sense.

I completely agree that Poccy is a badass. I just am not as definitive on the results as you are here.

That shield isn't automatic - he has to raise it. He's not invincible - his TK-having mutant buddy self-sacrificed to save him in the pyramid-collapse scene for example. And "regen from some damage" isn't the same thing as "come back instantly from being chopped up into tiny morsels."

Fox Quicksilver is/was very frequently overconfident. Perhaps comes from living in a world without other speedsters? Dark Phoenix Jean was a bigger threat than Poccy, and Quicksilver took her lightly and clearly wasn't going all out against her despite knowing that. And that was AFTER his fight with Poccy. If I could react and move at lightspeed, I wouldn't necessarily bother if I thought that the fastest thing I'd be dealing with was moving a couple of times the speed of sound, and even less so if the fastest I thought was "normal slow-worlder." There is nothing about his scene with Poccy that implied that he was going all out, is what I'm saying, and movie writers don't have to abide by Rumbles rules.

Flash gets hit by Deathstroke on a day where he's seen Deathstroke mess up his teammates. You'd think he'd be going all out, but clearly he wasn't. Bad writing? Probably. But it's what happens.