Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member
    Last edited by ericng; 02-01-2022 at 02:11 AM.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

I just hope that Ayala bring back some of the second generation of New Mutants (Rusty, Skids, Boom-Boom, Rictor) in the current New Mutants instead of using some unknown newer mutants.
    Last edited by ericng; 02-01-2022 at 02:18 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I just hope that Ayala bring back some of the second generation of New Mutants (Rusty, Skids, Boom-Boom, Rictor) in the current New Mutants instead of using some unknown newer mutants.
    Unknown newer mutants? Well Anole, Rainboy, No-Girl were all created at least a decade ago.

Anyway, I am pretty sure they will make some changes as we are now entering the Destiny of X era. My hopes are for the New X_men kids like Hellion, Surge,Indra, Dust and others get some focus. But this should perhaps be discused in the New Mutants thread.

On topic; It is cool to see lesser used Morlocks like Mole, Beautiful Dreamer and Ape being used again. Eventhough it is a story takling place in the past.

|And who knows they might be resurrected as well.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Still can't get over that Apocalypse groomed Autumn Rolfson from her parents' backyard as a teenager, and then within a couple of years they have a kid.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 02-01-2022 at 03:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

The team shading Warlock when they're all in costume.

Poor Rusty & Skids even in throwback issues they are shuffled off to the side to babysit!

Hope they get to do something, but doesn't look like it from the preview.

Astonishing Member

Mole and Chicken Wings lol. I was so sure that Mole was going to join X-Factor to be a foil for Iceman and his girlfriend Opal.

Incredible Member

I have a soft spot for all those Simonson characters, I have been waiting for all of them to appear in the krakoan era, so far only a cameo of Erg and a mention of Skids is all we got. And of course Healer who doesn't even have a birth name is the only one who is regularly featured.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Still can't get over that Apocalypse groomed Autumn Rolfson from her parents' backyard as a teenager, and then within a couple of years they have a kid.
    Apocalypse is evil. I don't think you're supposed to get over or accept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Unknown newer mutants? Well Anole, Rainboy, No-Girl were all created at least a decade ago.

Anyway, I am pretty sure they will make some changes as we are now entering the Destiny of X era. My hopes are for the New X_men kids like Hellion, Surge,Indra, Dust and others get some focus. But this should perhaps be discused in the New Mutants thread.

On topic; It is cool to see lesser used Morlocks like Mole, Beautiful Dreamer and Ape being used again. Eventhough it is a story takling place in the past.

|And who knows they might be resurrected as well.
    Closer to 2 decades at this point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Closer to 2 decades at this point.
    How small the veterancy of 90's additions to the franchise are to them now. With both groups existing much longer together than without.

Also we are actualy approaching 20 years since House of M, wow... and the X-men comics still haven't recovered from this disasterous editorial BS demand. Treading water for 17 years now with mostly (there were some gems of course) nothing to show for it except an aimless franchise on live support still incapable of reaching back to where it was at it's best, because nobody in charge wants to admit their predecessor made a horrible mistake that needs to be erased or reset. Insteading digging further and further down into the crater left behind.

Like cartoons and movies can make a straight cut down at 2005 and cherry pick a few good bits to adept and leave the whole sorry afair of Decimination and what came afterwards in the bin, because i'm certain nobody of a wider casual audience would be interested in anything like what the comics endured. 17 years of wasted opportunity and aimless status quos only softend by the occasional good writer making the best of it... thank you Joe Q.!

Rant out.

As for bringing back obscure Morlocks. They are likely allready back, it's basicly shrödingers revived mutants at this point. Any dead named character is allready alive only waiting to make some backround appearance or have a story bit about being revived. Which also means that if the Protocol goes the way of the dodo, writers can bring back anyone who died before retroactively. Though the question is if anything will be done with them ever again after being revived, given some were more remembered as fallen than they will likely be as living people.

Also, i realise that if the Deadpool movie hadn't given her a sudden surge in popularity, that the comic version got revived and turned into an entirely different character, Negasonic Teenage Warhead would have likely been back now in her original goth girl looking incarnation... funny how these things go.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Apocalypse is evil. I don't think you're supposed to get over or accept it.
    You say that, but they keep on adding to his tragic backstories, give him all that stuff over Excalibur, including turning Rictor into his own private cheerleader. I think some writers actually think we're supposed to accept him as morally ambiguous at worse these days.

God I hate the Hard Man making Hard Decisions thing in fictions.

I think there are “hard men making hard decisions” and then there are evil men who at times present themselves as the lesser of two evils. To me Apocalypse is very much the latter. The mutants needed him to strengthen them and ultimately help defeat Annihilation and Amenth. He’s still an evil monster, albeit one who has his family back now (the family he abandoned to Amenth mind you, so he’s very much a POS); and now the alliance between him and Krakoa seems to be ended. At least for now.

That doesn’t bother me. Rictor fanboying over him is weird, but doesn’t make me view Apocalypse as suddenly being sympathetic or a good guy. Just makes me feel sorry for Rictor as he obviously has some f’d up daddy issues, likely from Stryfe killing his pops (who he thought was Cable for many years even while serving under him). Not sure how anyone can view Apocalypse as a sympathetic anti hero, though. Not after all the death and destruction he’s responsible for over the years.

I can think of at least one character whose insight would’ve been great to get on all of this at the time… unfortunately he was de-aged into a teenager during X of Swords and seemingly forgot his life’s mission to destroy the monster En Sabah Nur. And while that mission has fallen by the wayside in terms of the adult version, after already defeating him and altering his timeline; for the young version he very much jumped here fresh from that fight against Apocalypse and the High Lords of New Canaan. So a bit of an oversight there with him being all cozy fighting side by side with his mortal enemy and all…
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-01-2022 at 08:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I think there are “hard men making hard decisions” and then there are evil men who at times present themselves as the lesser of two evils. To me Apocalypse is very much the latter. The mutants needed him to strengthen them and ultimately help defeat Annihilation and Amenth. He’s still an evil monster, albeit one who has his family back now (the family he abandoned to Amenth mind you, so he’s very much a POS); and now the alliance between him and Krakoa seems to be ended. At least for now.

That doesn’t bother me. Rictor fanboying over him is weird, but doesn’t make me view Apocalypse as suddenly being sympathetic or a good guy. Just makes me feel sorry for Rictor as he obviously has some f’d up daddy issues, likely from Stryfe killing his pops (who he thought was Cable for many years even while serving under him). Not sure how anyone can view Apocalypse as a sympathetic anti hero, though. Not after all the death and destruction he’s responsible for over the years.

I can think of at least one character whose insight would’ve been great to get on all of this at the time… unfortunately he was de-aged into a teenager during X of Swords and seemingly forgot his life’s mission to destroy the monster En Sabah Nur. And while that mission has fallen by the wayside in terms of the adult version, after already defeating him and altering his timeline; for the young version he very much jumped here fresh from that fight against Apocalypse and the High Lords of New Canaan. So a bit of an oversight there with him being all cozy fighting side by side with his mortal enemy and all…
    If we had a nickel for every pair of mutants (Or in case of Sinister, biologically appropriating humans) who should want to kill each other on Krakoa, I'm pretty sure you could buy the Hellfire Trading Company.