Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default IGN: X-men Face -OFF winners

Last edited by Mutant101; 02-01-2022 at 10:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Capture2.jpg
    4.) Nightcrawler
    5.) Magneto
    6.) Gambit

Fantastic Member

Capture3.JPG
    Captur34e.JPG
    Captu345re.JPG
    7.) Jean Grey
    8.) Cyclops
    9.) Colossus
    10.) Professor X

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Capture3.JPG
    Captur34e.JPG
    Captu345re.JPG
    7.) Jean Grey
    8.) Cyclops
    9.) Colossus
    10.) Professor X
    The fact Mystique beat out many ACTUAL X-Men on this list just proves how BS the entire thing is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The fact Mystique beat out many ACTUAL X-Men on this list just proves how BS the entire thing is.
    that's the power of being in like 10 movies

I played this for a while and certain characters NEVER showed up. I really don't think this whole thing made sense at all!

Extraordinary Member

The way IGN ranked the characters goes against how they said the votes would be tallied. They specifically said that they would count the raw number of wins and that the number of losses would only be relevant if there was a tie. The percentages were not mentioned. Going by their own words Storm should have won instead of Wolverine, and Gambit should be ranked 4 instead of 6. If they had told the truth about how the rankings would work I would have voted very differently and I'm sure many other people would have as well.

This is what IGN said: "When voting ends on February 1, we tally up the total number of "wins" and "losses" each X-Men character has, and create a ranked list based on your choices that will go live on February 2. The X-Men character that won the most matchups will be crowned the "winner," and in the event of a tied number of "wins," the character with the least "losses" will take the top spot. If you continue to keep voting for your favorite mutant, they'll have a better chance of ranking high on the list. You can vote as many times as you want until the Face-Off closes."

It was a bad system all around that deliberately invited abuse, and counting percentages when they said they'd count wins makes it worse. I think it's likely that they freaked when they realized Wolverine hadn't won because they incentivized stans to vote hundreds of times for their favorites and changed the rules after the fact to ensure Wolverine would end up the winner.

Fantastic Member

It is randomly appears, I have experience to get Maggot several times than wolverine.

I doubt the makers of this fun little time-waster anticipated how deadly serious the competition would become.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The way IGN ranked the characters goes against how they said the votes would be tallied. They specifically said that they would count the raw number of wins and that the number of losses would only be relevant if there was a tie. The percentages were not mentioned. Going by their own words Storm should have won instead of Wolverine, and Gambit should be ranked 4 instead of 6. If they had told the truth about how the rankings would work I would have voted very differently and I'm sure many other people would have as well.

This is what IGN said: "When voting ends on February 1, we tally up the total number of "wins" and "losses" each X-Men character has, and create a ranked list based on your choices that will go live on February 2. The X-Men character that won the most matchups will be crowned the "winner," and in the event of a tied number of "wins," the character with the least "losses" will take the top spot. If you continue to keep voting for your favorite mutant, they'll have a better chance of ranking high on the list. You can vote as many times as you want until the Face-Off closes."

It was a bad system all around that deliberately invited abuse, and counting percentages when they said they'd count wins makes it worse. I think it's likely that they freaked when they realized Wolverine hadn't won because they incentivized stans to vote hundreds of times for their favorites and changed the rules after the fact to ensure Wolverine would end up the winner.
    Please help me understand so they were voting for the best xmen?

They had to keep Hellion off the list or else he'd kick everyone's asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Please help me understand so they were voting for the best xmen?
    IGN had a poll whereby fans could vote for the 'best X-Man' out of a choice of 107 characters, only each vote was based on a random selection of 2 characters. You would vote for which character you prefer of the 2, and then another 2 would be randomly selected, but because it was random you could end up seeing the exact same matchup twice in a row or go 100 votes without seeing your favorite character. IGN said they would determine the overall rankings based on the total number of wins, but when they published the rankings they made it based on the percentage of wins instead., and this actually changed who the winner would have been.

Astonishing Member

So laura beat Emma and Old man logan. The fact that her win percent is that high despite being the youngest character in the top 15 is good

The results probably don't mean much, but it is nice to see Rogue place so high.

Unlike her current usage in the books... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    They had to keep Hellion off the list or else he'd kick everyone's asses.
    It's kinda adorable how Julian's is seen by fans. But yes he has to get his chance to shine this era