Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Sabretooth #1 Review *spoilers*

Book opens with Sabretooth being judged by the council and being sent to the pit.

Flash forward and Sabretooth has escaped and is hunting a bear he savagely eats. He is confronted by Cyclops, Jean, Logan, Storm and Nightcrawler. Jean mentally subdues him while Cyclops apprehends him, but Sabreooth breaks free of Jean’s control, rips Scott’s face off and uses his head to aim at the rest of the team and kill them all. Except Nightcrawler who morphs into him to rip his heart out but Sabreooth manages to kill him too. Tooth then rips Nightcawlers hand out his chest and sees it holding a heart before he dies too.

Trapped back in the pit, Sabreooth is met by Douglas who presents himself as a DA, and they want to offer Sabreooth a more lenient sentence where he remains trapped in the pit but his mind will be free. The two have a back and forth which results in Sabretooth rripping Doug’s head off before finally agreeing to the pact. We also learn this has happened many times and Sabretooth’s memories were wiped.

We then see Sabretooth freed in his own mind. He kills Xavier, hunts Iron Fist, murders all the Wolf characters like Feral, but he still feels empty.

So he forms the “Feral Council” which consist of a cat, little boy Sabretooh, savage Sabretooth and businessman Sabretooth. They decide to take over the galaxy in the age of Creed the King. This includes taking over the Starjammers and murdering alien races. Sabreooth returns to Krakoa and burns it to the ground too and turns it into Hell. He is finally at peace.

Then a light shines from above and Sabreooth finds out he’s not the only one in the pit. Nekra, Oya, Melter, Third Eye an Madison Jeffreies are now prisoners too. Sabreooth is glad he will have real people to torture, in preparation for when he breaks physically free again.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Book opens with Sabretooth being judged by the council and being sent to the pit.

Flash forward and Sabretooth has escaped and is hunting a bear he savagely eats. He is confronted by Cyclops, Jean, Logan, Storm and Nightcrawler. Jean mentally subdues him while Cyclops apprehends him, but Sabreooth breaks free of Jean’s control, rips Scott’s face off and uses his head to aim at the rest of the team and kill them all. Except Nightcrawler who morphs into him to rip his heart out but Sabreooth manages to kill him too. Tooth then rips Nightcawlers hand out his chest and sees it holding a heart before he dies too.

Trapped back in the pit, Sabreooth is met by Douglas who presents himself as a DA, and they want to offer Sabreooth a more lenient sentence where he remains trapped in the pit but his mind will be free. The two have a back and forth which results in Sabretooth rripping Doug’s head off before finally agreeing to the pact. We also learn this has happened many times and Sabretooth’s memories were wiped.

We then see Sabretooth freed in his own mind. He kills Xavier, hunts Iron Fist, murders all the Wolf characters like Feral, but he still feels empty.

So he forms the “Feral Council” which consist of a cat, little boy Sabretooh, savage Sabretooth and businessman Sabretooth. They decide to take over the galaxy in the age of Creed the King. This includes taking over the Starjammers and murdering alien races. Sabreooth returns to Krakoa and burns it to the ground too and turns it into Hell. He is finally at peace.

Then a light shines from above and Sabreooth finds out he’s not the only one in the pit. Nekra, Oya, Melter, Third Eye an Madison Jeffreies are now prisoners too. Sabreooth is glad he will have real people to torture, in preparation for when he breaks physically free again.
    Umm is sabertooth dreaminh or are we really suppose to believe Jean didn't put up a tk shield or storm use wind or lightning having blocked a punch from far stronger or that cyclops couldn't blast it away. Just getting home and haven't gotten my comics yet but this sounds too farfetched to believe.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

I thought he was dreaming too but I'm pretty sure it was "real". That was probably the weakest part I think.

He's been so useless for so long, I think the writer wanted to make him a threat again but went about it too fast.

I thought he was dreaming too but I'm pretty sure it was "real". That was probably the weakest part I think.

He's been so useless for so long, I think the writer wanted to make him a threat again but went about it too fast.
    Oh my. I definitely have to read this. I mean, yeah. That kind of sounds like the definition of jobbing. I mean jean held him with her tk alone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Oya's in the pit? What??
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Oya's in the pit? What??
    How they handle this part will def be crucial, but the writer does seem to be against prison systems overall, so hopefully there's a very good explanation as to why she's there. Just makes her generation look bad. They allowed her to be thrown in the pit.

Astonishing Member

Oya is in the pit. So is Jefferies somehow. I don't know on Oya, but on Jefferies I'm betting Kurt threw him in the Pit for disprespecting the sacred land of krakoa.

"Kurt, let me out of here! It was just public urination! I was drunk!"

Think I’ll pass on this. Feels like I’ll be confused

Putting Oya in the pit 1st week of Black History Month..... Seems racially motivated but ok Council.

Mighty Member

Third Eye is also black. I don't know much about him though.

Third Eye is also black. I don't know much about him though.
    Double the racial motivation.

Fabulous art and powerful writing, absolutely worth reading, though confusing too bc VLV didn't give out clear timeline or locations of panels.

BTW am I the only one got reminded of Immortal Hulk?

Wait I definitely thought he was dreaming, because he immediately "woke up" in the fake prison cell without any indication that he was re-captured. It seemed like before he signed the contract, Krakoa was messing with his mind in all types of ways, which is why the beginning of the issue was so wonky.

Honestly I really liked it and that LaValle didn't try to whitewash how terrible Victor is. Though I do really feel some type of way about Oya getting put there, because in what universe is it okay to put a teenage girl in a "forever prison" where she'll be stuck with rapey ass violent ass Sabretooth for all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Oya is in the pit. So is Jefferies somehow. I don't know on Oya, but on Jefferies I'm betting Kurt threw him in the Pit for disprespecting the sacred land of krakoa.

"Kurt, let me out of here! It was just public urination! I was drunk!"
    Bet it's about some kind of literal techno-fuckery in Jeffries' case. Maybe Oya's religion-fueled self-loathing had her doing something rotten where the resurrection protocols were concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Wait I definitely thought he was dreaming, because he immediately "woke up" in the fake prison cell without any indication that he was re-captured. It seemed like before he signed the contract, Krakoa was messing with his mind in all types of ways, which is why the beginning of the issue was so wonky.

Honestly I really liked it and that LaValle didn't try to whitewash how terrible Victor is. Though I do really feel some type of way about Oya getting put there, because in what universe is it okay to put a teenage girl in a "forever prison" where she'll be stuck with rapey ass violent ass Sabretooth for all time.
    My guess is that the audience is 100% supposed to be critical of that decision.