Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Did the artist draw Oya as much older than she should be to avoid the obvious problem of tossing a child into a hellish pit with Sabretooth? Or is this another case of an artist who is only able to draw adult body proportions?
    I think the lights all got aged up at some point.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Did the artist draw Oya as much older than she should be to avoid the obvious problem of tossing a child into a hellish pit with Sabretooth? Or is this another case of an artist who is only able to draw adult body proportions?
    The Council has already tossed children into the Pit - namely Nature Girl and Curse, even if they got back-door freed by Doug and Krakoa. And Orphan Maker seemed to be mentally a child, so the Council is obviously willing to condemn kids. Although there is a tendency for "child" characters to be drawn looking older than they should be.

I’m gonna have to read this again. I couldn’t distinguish what was reality and what was a dream smh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sabretooth has never been offfered help.

He's always dealt with by being imprisoned, which as we see, only makes him crazier.

Keeping him locked up didn't work in the 90's X-Men & X-Factor, along with his father chainimg him in the basement, and it won't work now.
    Lol

Incarceration is punishment & torture-based. Seldom to never does it genuinely help a person. It just drives them crazier & they retreat to the darkest recesses of their mind.

Rob Zombie got that right in his first Halloween remake. And it's probably more humane to just kill them.

The inversion showed he had good inside of him, otherwise, the wouldn't have worked. And Invert Creed wanted to stay that way, implying that he himself isn't happy with the monster he is, and his goodness being forced to the front helps him try to combat it more.

But normal Creed fell off long ago, gave up & gave in, to all his worst impulses. Now he's too far gone to change without drastic measures such as inversion. Similarly with people suffering mental issues in real life that shrinks can't help. Only thing that seems to work may be shock therapy and / or strong drugs. But getting better on their own, or with simple talking to, is not going to happen.

Another reason I write off pre-Rosenberg years as filler. Because there's no reason thry can't invert Creed again to solve the issue of him. Lol
    I think those in the hole are good for Krakoa or either Selene or Emplate. Why would they invert or try to help someone intended as food?

I think they are in the hole for very sinister reasons.

Sabretooth maybe vicious, but he’s not stupid. He knew he was being sacrificed for some shady reason before they out him in the hole that had nothing to do with his killing humans. Why send Sabretooth on a mission against normal people if they were afraid of casualties? Or why not let him remain in a human prison? Something is seriously off here.

Sabretooth wasn't allowed to remain in a human prison because mutants are supposed to be above human laws.

Mighty Member

My only real concern with this book is what is the intended end goal?

Like I'm all for a critique of the prison system, but this is also still comics and so has to eventually spiral into more and well... Sabertooth being free to be Sabertooth aint the best.

Like Hellions, who would’ve thought?! Sabretooth, my new favorite X book, for now….

Loved the data pages, funny and informal. Nice touch. Looking forward to #2…
    #MagnetoWasRight

Ultimate Member

I'm intrigued by the thought of how Creed's prison fantasies are affecting Krakoa itself, as the island is psychically linked to all of the mutants it's feeding from, and has to be aware, at least peripherally, of this fantasy life that Creed's making for himself, with all the butchery and revenge-fantasy and brutality.

Krakoa's, psychologically, still kind of forming a personality, and I wonder if Creed's just a terrible inspiration to have floating in his tummy...

What an interesting batch of five. I know nothing of Third Eye. Madison Jeffries, the saner Jeffries brother, seems an odd choice. Nekra, last I saw her, was working for an evil death-god trying to bring about the death of every living soul on the planet (in Dead Avengers), so, yeah, bad, angry lady. Melter, last I saw him was still angsting about how being a mutant who accidentally murdered a family member or two when his handy powers to make people 'melt' manifested had ruined his life. And Oya, probably the most interesting of the Five Lights (more so than Hope, IMO, who bugs me).

We know that Toad, Curse, Nature Girl, Nanny and Orphan-Maker have all gone into the pit, and *not* met up with Creed, which suggests that Krakoa doesn't *have* to put them 'into the same cellblock,' per se, but can shove them off into different underground holding areas and not link them up psychically (so that Creed doesn't even know that there are five other people down there, although it's safe to say that Nanny and Orphan-Maker are probably together, since they were embracing when they were pulled down).

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think those in the hole are good for Krakoa or either Selene or Emplate. Why would they invert or try to help someone intended as food?

I think they are in the hole for very sinister reasons.

Sabretooth maybe vicious, but he’s not stupid. He knew he was being sacrificed for some shady reason before they out him in the hole that had nothing to do with his killing humans. Why send Sabretooth on a mission against normal people if they were afraid of casualties? Or why not let him remain in a human prison? Something is seriously off here.
    Which is why I believe Creed has serious dirt on all of them that they couldn’t risk getting out or else Krakoa, more specifically the QC, is done for and could possibly put it into at least a Krakoan Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Sabretooth wasn't allowed to remain in a human prison because mutants are supposed to be above human laws.
    That seems more like an excuse rather than a genuine explanation though. Sabretooth was imprisoned in the Pit but the world still believes that Sabretooth is running free with his diplomatic immunity as revealed in the FF/X-men crossover. Seems pretty fishy that the QC wouldn’t announce something so critical as Creed being held accountable under Krakoan law.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 02-05-2022 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It was more about being judged by his peers if he would have got sentence and tried by human society those wouldn't be his peers. Since humans have put mutants at the bottom of human society

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    We know that Toad, Curse, Nature Girl, Nanny and Orphan-Maker have all gone into the pit, and *not* met up with Creed, which suggests that Krakoa doesn't *have* to put them 'into the same cellblock,' per se, but can shove them off into different underground holding areas and not link them up psychically (so that Creed doesn't even know that there are five other people down there, although it's safe to say that Nanny and Orphan-Maker are probably together, since they were embracing when they were pulled down).
    I don't think NG and Curse went in the hole... Then again I pretend that story didn't even happen.

As for Toad, Nanny and OM not being mentioned, it's most likely that editorial didn't care about consistency. I bet the writer didn't even know about these characters being sent to the hole until those issues came out. Editorial is really bad at keeping track of the popular characters much less the less popular ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I don't think NG and Curse went in the hole... Then again I pretend that story didn't even happen.

As for Toad, Nanny and OM not being mentioned, it's most likely that editorial didn't care about consistency. I bet the writer didn't even know about these characters being sent to the hole until those issues came out. Editorial is really bad at keeping track of the popular characters much less the less popular ones.
    Nature Girl and Curse were supposedly let out by Doug and shipped off someplace away from Krakoa by Pyro, but who knows, that may turn out just to be the illusory reality they experience while trapped inside the island, depending on the next writer who wants to use them.

Astonishing Member

If they accidentally turned Sabretooth into the king of mutant hell, shouldn't Magik fight him?

But I still think these prisoners are a team sent to investigate what happened with Sabretooth, why his ghost is being see around the island. Although it may end up very badly for them if Creed leveled up, became much more powerful

edit: these books with c and d list characters always end up being among the most fun ones, perhaps because the writer has more creative freedom
    I'm a fan of Jeffries since Alpha Flight so I'll be getting it, but I also got Hellions

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    And Toad too! Poor guy.
    Yeah poor toadie.