Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

I don't think we needed an entire issue of dream sequences to get to where it ended. And I don't know how wise it is to be using Sabretooth to headline a story that might be a criticism of the prison system, particularly the only form of prison/punishment we've ever seen on this island.

Premise was a hard pass from me, so I'll just be waiting for the recaps to see what the deal is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You went on this entire Storm rant… over a dream sequence? Get it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Between this and the subreddits reaction to the idea the Avengers could contribute anything to the upcoming event, I’m pretty well convinced this fandom has issues with anything it could remotely perceive as “jobbing”.
    This, why are people loosing there minds over a dream/simulation.Like damn

Also yeah twitter keeps saying Avengers can't contribute sh*t as if they don't have a extremely powerful version of Thor who's also All father rn IIRC, the phoenix along w/ Ghost Rider and Black Panther and Stark w/ both the dead celestial, Avengers and Wakandan resources not to mention more experience w/ eternals.

People talking sh*t about Cap and his shield as if Scott isn't getting pulverized in an instant if there was no PIS

Scott literally died last week because a normal guy walked up to him and slit his throat with a normal scalpel lol

Note how the "what you deserved" line is right over Oya. Think it's safe to say she got screwed over by the QC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Putting Oya in the pit 1st week of Black History Month..... Seems racially motivated but ok Council.
    I'm 95% sure it's a team they sent there to stop Sabretooth, because his ghost for some reasons is appearing in Krakoa.
    They are fake prisoners.
    Jeffries, if the writer doesn't forget about it, can control the adamantium in Creed's body, and Melter may be able to do that too. Oya is very powerful. Nekra is a good super strong fighter. I don't know third eye.
    It's a team that could stop Creed, unless he has become much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I'm 95% sure it's a team they sent there to stop Sabretooth, because his ghost for some reasons is appearing in Krakoa.
    They are fake prisoners.
    Jeffries, if the writer doesn't forget about it, can control the adamantium in Creed's body, and Melter may be able to do that too. Oya is very powerful. Nekra is a good super strong fighter. I don't know third eye.
    It's a team that could stop Creed, unless he has become much stronger.
    aipt teased with a image that the five are chained, so they don't seem to get sent for a mission. But we can also assume QC send them with side intention to fight Sabretooth which makes the QC more annoying
    C0ADCEDF-3417-4DB5-BCBF-E93D67DB0A5B.jpg
    Last edited by WildR; 02-02-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Just finished reading Sabertooth.

Ummm...I'm kinda disappointed.

Was hoping for this book to kinda like I don't know WOW me like the Hellions did. I'm by NO MEANS a fan of Sabertooth, but was hoping for this book to make me actually care about this character.
    This issue did not do it for me. What I took from this issue is that Krakoa NOW has a Mutant Hell and Creed is the Ruler of it and most of it.
    I'll give it 2 more issues........

Astonishing Member

So something that was pointed out to me...the public of Krakoa probably doesn't know about the pit? Maybe? Do we know for sure on that? I think a massive chunk of the in a book characters might not even know about the pit. What do we think the reaction is going to be when they find out that it exists, that some of these mutants presuamably got sent there for extremely poor reasoning, and that Sabretooth got loose and started psychically preying on everyone inside it...oh boy.

Rise up, proletariat.

So this is basically what happens when one watches too much Inception and thinks it would be a good idea for a comic book about a psychotic killer with powers.

So something that was pointed out to me...the public of Krakoa probably doesn't know about the pit? Maybe? Do we know for sure on that? I think a massive chunk of the in a book characters might not even know about the pit. What do we think the reaction is going to be when they find out that it exists, that some of these mutants presuamably got sent there for extremely poor reasoning, and that Sabretooth got loose and started psychically preying on everyone inside it...oh boy.

Rise up, proletariat.
    Mutants now about the Pit, they don't know that Creed is a Freddy Krueger wannabe there.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post

Note how the "what you deserved" line is right over Oya. Think it's safe to say she got screwed over by the QC.
    Oya might feel a certain way about the resurrection protocol since she is so religious she might have tried to stop it. If she tried to threaten or hurt the 5 in any way the council might overreact and put her in there.

I know my boy Jeffries was trying to sneak some AI booty on to the island and got caught xD

I don't know the other 3 but I know Nekra was in Savage Avengers at the bar with no name with criminals once so my guess just typical villain stuff for her.

Rise up, proletariat.
    Nature Girl and Curse both knew about it in Green. I'd assume that means it's pretty common knowledge on the island.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Nature Girl and Curse both knew about it in Green. I'd assume that means it's pretty common knowledge on the island.
    Also Lorna yelled about not being afraid to go in the hole in Devil's Reign.....though now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure all mentions of the Pit outside of the Quiet Council have been Duggan's books and characters. But who knows if that's because different writers have different perceptions of how common knowledge the Pit's existence is, or if like....some writers are just less enamored of the concept than others and would rather not lean into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I know my boy Jeffries was trying to sneak some AI booty on to the island and got caught xD
    Who knows, maybe Warlock framed him to remove a rival. He doesn't handle jealousy well.

I'm just amused that the QC literally created their own version of Hell.

Also, Sabretooth makes for a much better mutant Satan than Wanda ever did.
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 02-03-2022 at 05:51 AM.