Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He raped people because humans were mean to mutants, so that justifies everything
    With that logic, Sabretooth gets a pass as well. Daken and Victor basically shared a fucked up childhood committing murder on their own families with the exception of Daken later on getting groomed to be a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    With that logic, Sabretooth gets a pass as well. Daken and Victor basically shared a fucked up childhood committing murder on their own families with the exception of Daken later on getting groomed to be a killer.
    Don't forget Logan killed Saul, Sabretooth's brother first. That's how the whole Wolverine/Sabretooth feud started

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Don't forget Logan killed Saul, Sabretooth's brother first. That's how the whole Wolverine/Sabretooth feud started
    Yep, and as far as that goes, Logan is just dealing with good old fashioned karma as well as dealing with the consequences of his actions. Origins really did not make Logan too sympathetic as some of it was pure karma and it made his obsession for Jean even more creepy with it being rooted to a doppelgänger crush, Rose, that ended being a case of ‘the girl that got away’ by his own claws.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 02-05-2022 at 02:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

He raped people because humans were mean to mutants, so that justifies everything
    I thought the official line now was that anyone under the influence of his pheromones ‘secretly wanted it’ and that his pheromones just let it out

Which is, you know, digging that hole deeper

Also, if Nekra’s on the island; doesn’t that mean Mandrill is too?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I thought the official line now was that anyone under the influence of his pheromones ‘secretly wanted it’ and that his pheromones just let it out

Which is, you know, digging that hole deeper

Also, if Nekra’s on the island; doesn’t that mean Mandrill is too?
    Mandrill is still crying in a cave after Emma sent him packing in Manifest Destiny

Sabertooth is still a lot of things

Astonishing Member

I mean....Sabretooth was abusive as hell to both his brother and sister, Saul and Clara. Yes, his childhood was fucked up and he was abused himself, but there was never remotely any sibling solidarity on his part, to be clear. He literally forced Saul to abuse Clara or else he'd abuse Saul more himself. He treated both his siblings like playthings for his sadism......like, there's definitely points to be made about Logan, after all Clara left him because she said she didn't view him as any better than Victor after how he killed Saul, but the Sabretooth/Logan feud didn't start because Logan killed Victor's brother, it started because Logan took away Sabretooth's favorite chewtoy. I would argue there's definitely a distinction there.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-05-2022 at 04:53 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    I do hope you understand that I was being sarcastic

Astonishing Member

Never mind.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 02-05-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    The argument over Krakoa granting amnesty to all mutants for any crimes they comitted prior has been going on for a while. Some say it was necessary on a nation-builing, pragmatic, or even moral ground in the sense of giving everyone a second chance. Others have argued that it's immoral, the mutant leadership has been particularly dumb about it, using it for people like Sinister was dumb regardless of the advantage his DNA archive brings (At the bare minimum they should have tried keeping him off the Quiet Council). Authors have been pursuing redemption for some characters, some of which was good (Hellions), some of which was bad (Excalibur), some of which is in the middle (X-Factor).
    Every mutant on this list does not deserve a second chance or a place on Krakoa:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Monster/XMen

Being a mutant doesn't make one morally superior to anyone else and every mutant on that list will almost always put their own whims above others, including other mutants.

Ultimate Member

It'd be nice if they had a committee or something for some of them, at least

Astonishing Member

It'd be nice if they had a committee or something for some of them, at least
    Maybe have a test to keep the real psychos out, so they don't try to harm other people on the island.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Oh no. A villain did a villainous thing. LMAO.

Also Mystique exists.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Sinister is a literal Nazi who worked with Mengele and people unironically like him now.
    He’s a funny fuck
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Also Mystique exists.
    Someone needs to drag her by the hair while she's dragging Moira by the hair.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Also Mystique exists.
    Personally, I don't care that much that Sabretooth did villainous things.

My problem with him is that he's BORING.

Psychopath, sociopath, whatever you want to call him, nothing is beyond the pale for him. Rape, murder, cannibalism, etc. Name a crime and there's little doubt that he'd do it.

But since he'd anything, nothing he does is interesting. He has no depth, no contradictions. With no character to help suspend disbelief, he's nothing more than a 2-D drawing wasting space.