Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like it as an unrealistic and old-fashioned ideal that was partly to blame for the destruction of their order.
    Ditto. "Step 1; use your powers to safeguard and guide humanity. Step 2, you can't be part of it. Love, family, homes, happiness, not yours. Step 3, fall to the dark side, since you were explicitly not taught any healthy emotional coping mechanisms..."

Back in, I think it was, Phantom Menace, someone referred to Anakin as 'the one prophecied to bring balance to the Force' and I thought. "Hundreds of Jedi, pretty much acting as the police force for the galactic republic. Two Sith, forced to operate in hiding. I don't think you *want* 'balance.' You are winning! Balance would involve hundreds of Sith appearing, or hundreds of Jedi dying and the last two Jedi forced into hiding..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ditto. "Step 1; use your powers to safeguard and guide humanity. Step 2, you can't be part of it. Love, family, homes, happiness, not yours. Step 3, fall to the dark side, since you were explicitly not taught any healthy emotional coping mechanisms..."

Back in, I think it was, Phantom Menace, someone referred to Anakin as 'the one prophecied to bring balance to the Force' and I thought. "Hundreds of Jedi, pretty much acting as the police force for the galactic republic. Two Sith, forced to operate in hiding. I don't think you *want* 'balance.' You are winning! Balance would involve hundreds of Sith appearing, or hundreds of Jedi dying and the last two Jedi forced into hiding..."
    The Sith aren't a part of the balance. They're a corruption of the Force.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Sith aren't a part of the balance. They're a corruption of the Force.
    Correct.

The balance is between the Darkside and the Lightside. Sith are actually more like a cancer to both.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

It worked just fine for thousand of years.

Must be some wisdom in that.

Let's keep in mind that all that happened since episode 1 in that galaxy far far away are kind of an abnormality in a ocean of relative tranquility.

If we put any weight behind the Chosen One prophesy then what's happened since Episode 1 is the Force working to untangle itself, not a random abnormality. I have some mixed feelings about this; originally Vader was just a bad guy, not the anti-christ-but-really-the-hand-of-god and I don't know that we're better for the change, but that's how it is now.

Now, the "no attachments" policy may not be a factor in why the Force became unbalanced, and in the grand cosmic scheme of things likely not much of a consideration at all...but I find it telling that it played such a direct role in Anakin's fall. If it weren't part of the problem in some way, would it have been such a major cause of things?

Regardless of whether the policy was good or bad, it's something I think the new Jedi should largely avoid. Maybe it's best for some to follow that code, based on the individual, but as dogma I hope it's time is done.

Simply because, for the whole saga to mean anything and for that prophesy to be meaningful, how people use and organize around the Force needs to change and the "no attachments" policy is one of the Jedi's most well known traditions so it'd be an easy and good way to signify the new Order's new creed.
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-04-2022 at 11:45 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.