View Poll Results: Which is your ALL TIME FAVOURITE (of the regular) seasons?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Season 1

0 0%
  • Season 2

0 0%
  • Season 3

0 0%
  • Season 4

0 0%
  • Season 5

3 60.00%
  • Season 6

1 20.00%
  • Season 7

0 0%
  • Season 8

0 0%
  • Season 9

1 20.00%
  • Season 10

0 0%
  • Season 11

0 0%
  • Season 12

0 0%
  • Season 13

0 0%
  • Season 14

0 0%
  • Season 15

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Everything RuPaul's Drag Race

RuPAUL'S DRAG RACE
    CURRENT SEASONS
    [Season 14 / UK vs the World]

I love RuPaul's Drag Race; it's my favourite show on TV. And now we have sooooooooooooo many series, I wanted a place we could discuss it all (regular season, All Stars, UK, Holland, Canada, Down Under, Spain, Italy, Thailand, UK vs the World, etc). I used to create threads for each season, but with my erratic work, I was often unable to finished each season's review, so felt this was a far more elegant way to discuss everything Drag Race, and post reviews, pictures, fan art, commentary; or just make lists of your favourite queens.

DISCLAIMER: please let's none of us attack the queens. EVER! Criticize them, yes, but let's remember it's drag! It's silly. It's fun. And while a queen can come off as "talentless" ON THE SHOW, that doesn't mean they aren't a fierrrrrrce queen in "the other real world" (as my teacher once said). The last 18 months has been a rough old time for everyone, so be kind. Please. To quote Alaska "for f*ck sake... it's just drag."

REGARDING SPOILERS!
    Please, please use spoiler tags for 24 hours! I think if we all wait till the following day to stop using them, that should be fine
    [as any die hard drag race fan would have seen the show by then, or avoided all on-line media, so they won't see it regardless]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-03-2022 at 07:04 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

UK vs. THE WORLD
    S1 EP1
    "If your pussy was that good, you would have won your first time too." ~ Mo Heart

It's a brand new series UK vs THE WORLD; and we're going back to All Stars season 2-4 rules, the Top 2 lipsync and choose which of the bottom queens go home. BUT I HAVE A THEORY! I think they're actually going to do this Painted with Raven style, and actually you're only eliminating each queen for the next episode, and they'll be back the following episode. It makes the most sense, as 9 queens is such an odd number, where as getting everyone down to 8 each episode is much more logical. We shall see. Ladies... start your engines... and may the best red wig and a silver dress... win!

ENTRANCE LOOKS
    For most viewers, this is the first moment to reintroduce yourself to the world (or for some, introduce). It matters. It's the first impression, a chance to instantly show who you are... and it's a look you have a) complete free range of, b) the most time to prepare. It's right up there with 'finale runway' and 'crowning look' in importance. So don't f*ck it up...

TOOT
    Janey Jacké. This Psylocke inspired all blue PVC body sit is fantastic. It's very fashion, and she looks so, SO polished.
    Jimbo. GLOW UP! I love this, her make-up is so much better. This Rainbow Bright collared doll outfit, it's sooooo good. Her body is on point; I love the heart on the titties and vagina... I don't get the cheese and ham toastie snack bit though?
    Lemon. This all yellow look, it's classic Lemon but gorgeously elevated. The train is so fun; she looks amazing, and still so handsome as a boi.
    Pangina Heals. It's so pretty. Very detailed, very pageant. God, he's handsome. A little more feminine than I'm used to seeing Pangina (who I always associate more gender f*ck, so curious about this evolving progression.
    Baga Chipz. GLOW UP! Her white Princess Diana meets the Queen is the most beautiful she's ever looked. Her make-up is great, it's very much an elevated Baga.

BOOT
    Blu Hydrangea. I love the idea, but it was a bit of a mess. It was basically Shuga Cain's troll doll outfit, with better accessories. It didn't really fit. I wish she'd painted her whole body, or got a better suit. I actually think her S1 entrance look was much more polished and refined.
    Cheryl Hole. It's nice, and her personality is still on fire. BUT... it is just a body suit done very well. Love that pink fur shawl/throw/jacket thing; but considering her runways weren't great in her season, this was the time to shut us all down; and she didn't.
    Jujubee. It's nice, but... so basic. Her entrance in All Stars 5 was much more beautiful.

ENTRANCE TROPHY: Mo Heart. This is GORGEOUS! Elevated, even from All stars. This green neon paper hair, and the tiny heart glasses on the rim of the frame. Oh, I love this. It's a huge contrast of the shiny body suit with the HUGE purple cape (purple on her skin is just stunning), and all complimenting each other in colours, but the hair is the showcasing. Her make-up is even more stunning. And when she removed it! THE DETAILING!! Her pantsuit corset is half roses (throwback to her AS4 entrance) and half gold shimmer (to her S10 entrance). Clever girl! I love this pantsuit, it's better than most people's entrance looks; elevated goddess!
    SIDE BAR: her cat suit brown cow print confessional look was a serve too.

THE ROYAL COMMAND PERFORMANCE
    Blu Hydrangea. This is so creative, and something I've not seen on Drag Race. Simple but very fun, and clever to boot. She actually had great versatility in her moves as this triple B.L.U. cheerleader trio. It made me chuckle a lot. Pausing to ask Claire made me laugh and I was SHOOKETH (but loved the lyrics). "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe Which judge do I have to blow? I'm on my knees Ru, what's for dinner?" BOLD! I admire her so so so much.
    Pangina Heals. "It's Pangina heels. Pangina who? EXACTLY!" It was rap, it was funny, and while you knew she had a reveal, I did NOT expect it to turn into a full silver dress, and look seamless. Janey take notes! Great dance moves. "A free style dance from the 70s called.. WACKY! See me whack. So fast! Oh wow!" I was howling! The tongue dance. And that split from standing, into a prayer move. I mean... never seen it done like that, LOVED IT! Of all the contestants, Pangina coming on here takes BALLS! She has everything to lose! This is not easy, and I was sending the best vibes for her to do well, and b*tch she slayed!

SAFE
    Cheryl Hole. I'm not too interested in queens doing lipsyncs as their talent, BUT this was actually very funny, very self-deprecating, good story telling. Cheryl turned it out.
    Mo Heart. Tina Turner walks on stage. Period! This PVC body suit, and fur showl; it's how Tina Burner WISHED she did fire on S13. Mo Heart has a great voice, and it's even more controlled, even more powerful than her talent show in AS4. Slayed!
    Lemon. We didn't love Lemon for her dancing, we loved Lemon for her comedy. That was her first mistake. Energy seemed low too, odd? This was quite generic Drag Race lyrics (I'm that girl, fierce bitch yaaas, don't come for me, crown me Ru), and didn't have the gag of Aja's "is she gonna jump from there?" I actually looked like she did it wrong, that could have seriously broken her wrist.

BOTTOM
    Baga Chipz. Her charisma can't be denied. And it was silly and fun, screaming "MUCHHH BETTTA" was funny... but this will be her problem this season. She's lazy. This was lazy. This took maybe 2 hours of rehearsal? Maybe.
    Janey Jacké. Her face was beat. But it was so boring, reveals only work if you go from epic to epic to epic and has a story, creativity. I was bored. She needed to lipsync...something... I could be a great idea, but this was not delivered well.
    Jujubee. She sung on AS5 as her talent, and I felt she should have won that episode over India Ferrah. But here... this was quite 'meh'. Remember when Raven-Symoné said to Ginger "this is the kind of song you do in the middle of your set" that's what this was; and that final note. Gurrrrl, find the note. Juju what happened, you were a mess this episode!

TALENT TROPHY: Jimbo. Oh my god! Jimbo comes out in this sperm onesie, poking her head out sideways, and I lose it. Hell, even before then, when I saw her sat in the bleachers I chuckled. It reminded me so much of Willow Pill's talent show in season 14. It's bonkers, but toed the line so successfully of absurd / and artist. Pushing the balloons laughing. Sexy dance. Talent (spelt badly) in a lunch box... that opened to NOTHING. Twice!!!! Then unzipping her clitoris, for ham to drop out, and start chucking it on herself (and it sticks) then chuck it at RuPaul. I mean! HILARIOUS! And as she walks off, "TALENT". BWAHAHAHAHAH!

[TO BE CONCLUDED...]
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-03-2022 at 06:11 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

[PART II]

CATEGORY IS... I'M A WINNER, BABY!!!
    TOOT
    Baga Chipz. I loved this Joan of Arc meets the Seventh Seal realness; it had almost a 1930's sci-fi element too it which was really cool... until she said it was an Oscar. Okay, I get it, but it looked copper? The fabric didn't match the colour of the face at all. The golden makeup was really good though; and for Baga this was fantastic. I'm not giving her a pass, I'm just acknowledging that Baga UK season 1 could never have done something so good.
    Cheryl Hole. GLOW UP! This is the prettiest Cheryl has ever looked. Kudos to her. It is very simple though, but done beautifully and for Cheryl, this WAS elevation. Will it be enough going forward, unlikely. That hair was QUAFFED. Loved that solid gold train. Bravo Chezza!
    Lemon. This was very beautiful. I instantly felt it was her 'Little Miss Pageant' look all grown-up, so she got that bang on the money. And it's on brand. And polished. But not that exciting. She is so beautiful though.
    Jimbo. LOVED THIS! A dark monotone succubus queen, with her tits out, and the black crown. It was a stunning moment on the runway, and I really loved every second of it. Jimbo does such fabulous runways. Monochromatic evil chess piece realness. The heart on her lips was a fun detail, I can't fault it. This was serve!
    Pangina Heals. So beautiful. Loved her silver eye brows, it wasn't a gag, but it was just beautiful. Everything was polished and so intelligently done. Come through Pangina!
    Janey Jacké. I liked this a lot, it was very pretty. But like Lemon, it has been done before. Nice won't cut it going forward. It seemed a little too similar to Trinity's 'Eleguence After Dark' look in All Stars 4.

BOOT
    Blu Hydrangea. From the neck up this was beautiful, but... what was this outfit? How was it a winner?? It's sort of on brand for Blu, if you think of her "Rainy Day" runway meets the "Drag On A Dime" challenge mixed together but... no. no, this was not the T. This seems less cohesive.
    Jujubee. WTF? Her make-up was a mess. It was truly busted (which I am shocked to say). That wig line. SHOOKETH. And this dress could not be more basic. This is less good than AS5. What happened? This look alone deserved a bttm 3 placement. Hated holding it open showing off black panties. I am genuinely lost for words.

RUNWAY TROPHY: Mo Heart. THIS! DRESS! This was the moment. This was THE MOMENT! I gagged. Instantly I can say this is one of the Top 10 best gowns to EVER walk a RuPaul runway. This African goddess in dark green, the red finger wave hair poking out, the gold earrings, the glittered green head piece, ALL THAT LUSCIOUS voluptuous, 180 yards of flowing emerald fabric. Gag. Gagged. Shooketh. And it was a crime she wasn't in the Top3 just to hear them praise this look.

LIPSYNC
    "Say You'll Be There" by the Spice Girls.
    Jimbo can't lipsync. He can't dance. This was not his song. Pangina did a great job, made it funny (which isn't that easy to do with this song), did great dancing, great energy, variety of moves. I understand Jimbo was in VERY high-heels, but this was a mess. Constantly getting in the way (seemingly intentionally), falling down. Jimbo FELL. I mean SHE FELL in it! I did love that she apologied to Pangina straight after, and wasn't deluded in her performance. After Baga said well done, Jimbo responds "I did not do good" after being told well done. And apologised to Lemon. It was very sweet. But... ughhh, Jimbo! I'm worried, with this format, Ru won't put you in the top again, because you cannot lipsync.
    GOLD RuPETER TROPHY: Pangina.

OVERALL
    I really did have a blast, the talent show is always a fun challenge and Jimbo gave use one of the best talent show performances yet, right up there with Tatiana's spoken word verse, Manila's painting and Ben dela Creme's burlesque. I agree with the Top 2, and the winner; but... and it breaks my heart to say it as she's my favourite in this cast, but Juju should have been in the bottom. From entrance look, to performance and runway, she didn't deliver. I'd have sent her home.
    ~ rating: 4 out of 5 [grade: B+]

NEXT WEEKS...
    Sowing challenge! Oh Baga... you in danger gurrrrl! Jimbo, Janey and Mo Heart should do well. And Pangina... I suspect will serve it too!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-03-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'm not going to talk about the current season (yet) but I'll give a list of my favorite queens that have appeared on the show, in season order.

Ongina
    Jujubee
    Manila Luzon
    Shangela
    Latrice Royale
    Alyssa Edwards
    Alaska Thunderfuck
    Bianca Del Rio
    Ben DelaCreme
    Ginger Minge
    Bob The Drag Queen
    Vanessa Vanji Mateo
    Yvie Oddly
    Jackie Cox
    Gigi Goode

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I'm not going to talk about the current season (yet) but I'll give a list of my favorite queens that have appeared on the show, in season order.
    Oh love this idea; I'll do the same thing!

FAVOURITE QUEENS PER SEASON
    Season 1. BeBe Zahara Benet
    Season 2. Raven
    Season 3. Raja
    Season 4. Chad Michaels
    All Stars 1. Raven
    Season 5. Alaska
    Season 6. Ben dela Creme
    Season 7. Ginger Minj
    Season 8. Bob the Drag Queen
    All Stars 2. Alaska
    Season 9. Sasha Velour
    All Stars 3. Ben dela Creme
    Season 10. Aquaria
    All Stars 4. Manila Luzon
    Season 11. Yvie Oddly
    Season 12. Gigi Goode
    All Stars 5. Jujubee
    Season 13. Denali
    All Stars 6. Ra'jah D. O'Hara
    Season 14. [TO BE DETERMINED]

Ongina
    Jujubee
    Manila Luzon

Shangela
    Latrice Royale
    Alyssa Edwards
    Alaska Thunderfuck
    Bianca Del Rio
    Ben DelaCreme
    Ginger Minge
    Bob The Drag Queen

Vanessa Vanji Mateo
    Yvie Oddly
    Jackie Cox
    Gigi Goode
    We have a lot in common! YEY! Trying to do a "Top 10" is very hard, I know the top 6 spots, that's locked in. The other four... could go to so many queens.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-04-2022 at 06:06 AM.

I really need to get back and watch some of the old seasons. I only watched All-Stars 3, seasons 6, 11 and the current one. Maybe I missed a few others. What seasons do you guys recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Working on my UK vs. the World Ep.2 review, should have it by tomorrow. I agree with the Top2, do not agree with who went home. I have A LOT of thoughts on who should have sashayed away; and how SO MANY do not know what a "butch queen" category is... UGH! Thank god for Mo Heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I really need to get back and watch some of the old seasons. I only watched All-Stars 3, seasons 6, 11 and the current one. Maybe I missed a few others. What seasons do you guys recommend?
    I always tell people: start with season 5. Then go 6,7, and 8. If you're hooked by then, go back and do 2-4; and then the rest will all fall into place. My persona favourite seasons, of the regular show, are:
    1st. Season 5
    2nd. Season 9
    3rd. Season 3
    4th. Season 12
    5th. Season 11
    RUNNER-UP: Season 6
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-11-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I always tell people: start with season 5. Then go 6,7, and 8. If you're hooked by then, go back and do 2-4; and then the rest will all fall into place.

That's a really good plan. I can see why you would tell people to start with those seasons.

Glad to see the Drag Race discussion back! Season 14 is leagues better than Season 13 already.

As for favorites per season:

Season 1. Tammie Brown
    Season 2. Tatianna
    Season 3. Alexis Mateo
    Season 4. DiDa Ritz
    Season 5. Jinkx Monsoon (though my early favorite was Honey Mahogany)
    Season 6. Bianca Del Rio
    Season 7. Katya (early favorite was Max)
    Season 8. Bob the Drag Queen and Kim Chi (I can't choose - though my early favorite was Dax Exclamation Point)
    Season 9. Jaymes Mansfield
    Season 10. Aquaria
    Season 11. Yvie Oddly (early favorite was Plastique Tiara)
    Season 12. Heidi N. Closet
    Season 13. Symone
    Season 14. Willow Pill

All Stars 1. Alexis Mateo
    All Stars 2. Tatianna
    All Stars 3. Aja
    All Stars 5. Alexis Mateo
    All Stars 6. Ra'Jah O'Hara

UK 1. Blu Hydrangea
    UK 2. Tia Kofi
    UK 3. Victoria Scone
    UK vs. the World. Pangina Heals

Canada 1. Jimbo
    Canada 2. Adriana

Down Under 1. Coco Jumbo

Thailand 2. Bandit

So love that Season 5 is winning! YEY! I chose... wisely...

That's a really good plan. I can see why you would tell people to start with those seasons.
    Awwww, thank-you. It's not any critique of other seasons, purely by Season 5 they knew what they were and what they did that appealed best. Plus Season 5 has some of the most iconic and beloved queens in one season; so by-and-large, if you (figurative you) don't love the show by the end of that season... it's likely you just won't like any season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Glad to see the Drag Race discussion back! Season 14 is leagues better than Season 13 already.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. I have rewatched every season of US, UK and All Stars numerous times... I have failed to watch S13 twice. I can't. It's just too painful, and unjust and unlikeable. And that's a shame. Season 14 is so much fun. Devestated Kornbread is out... I'm rooting for Willow Pill. Gosh, I want her to win so badly. She's amazing! The drama this week on Untucked was soooooooooooo good!

As for favorites per season:

Season 1. Tammie Brown
    Season 2. Tatianna
    Season 3. Alexis Mateo
    Season 4. DiDa Ritz
    Season 5. Jinkx Monsoon (though my early favorite was Honey Mahogany)
    Season 6. Bianca Del Rio
    Season 7. Katya (early favorite was Max)
    Season 8. Bob the Drag Queen and Kim Chi (I can't choose - though my early favorite was Dax Exclamation Point)
    Season 9. Jaymes Mansfield
    Season 10. Aquaria
    Season 11. Yvie Oddly (early favorite was Plastique Tiara)
    Season 12. Heidi N. Closet
    Season 13. Symone
    Season 14. Willow Pill
    I have questions: are a few of your picks based on them post-season, rather than what they did actually on the show. Jaymes? Really? DiDa Ritz NEEDS to come back for All Stars, she was great this week on Bob's Purse First Impressions review of UK vs. the World. And she is still in my Top 10 (probably Top 5?) best lipyncs on Drag Race. It was A TRUE mother tucking lipsync for your life!

All Stars 1. Alexis Mateo
    All Stars 2. Tatianna
    All Stars 3. Aja
    All Stars 5. Alexis Mateo
    All Stars 6. Ra'Jah O'Hara
    Damn, you really love Alexis Mateo!

UK 1. Blu Hydrangea
    UK 2. Tia Kofi
    UK 3. Victoria Scone
    UK vs. the World. Pangina Heals

Canada 1. Jimbo
    Canada 2. Adriana

Down Under 1. Coco Jumbo

Thailand 2. Bandit
    Ohhhhhh, okay I'll have to do these ones too. No Spain?

I'll need to play catch up on DR, all of my TV time has been sucked up by the Olympics.

I'll need to play catch up on DR, all of my TV time has been sucked up by the Olympics.
    How far behind are you? Just the latest two seasons? Spain and UK3 are awesome, Canada S2 is very good. Italy... alas, the only series I'd say is pretty unwatchable. I gave up after Snatch Game. The editing, dialogue, concept... it was all wrong.

UK vs the World and S14 are very, very enjoyable. Too early to say overall how they are as series.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-14-2022 at 04:54 AM.

Now that season 14 is almost over, what's everyone thinking? I thought it was a strong season, and I really like most of the finalists this time around. I'm on Team Willow, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Now that season 14 is almost over, what's everyone thinking? I thought it was a strong season, and I really like most of the finalists this time around. I'm on Team Willow, though.
    Overall I thought it was a good season. I think far too many saves happened, to the point it just got ridiculous. The cast I enjoyed, but they had too much dead weight. Unlike S12, which really did feel like an All Stars season of talent, this season only had a few heavy hitters. I think Willow slayed the season. I love Lady Camden (and statistically she did the best, and I prefer best stats winning, so I'd want her to win). But if Willow wins I'll be super happy too.

My favourite episode was Daytona Wind. It was sooooooooooo stupid, I laughed uncontrollably.

What's everyone's thoughts on Season 15. I have to be honest, I'm not loving it yet. Only Sasha Colby is standing out, for me, as a true contender. MAYBE Loosey, if she starts steamrolling a few challenges. It's too early to say, categorically whether this will reach the heights of Season 14 or the lows of Season 13 (which I still consider the worst season of an American' Drag Race.