Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1818
    All-New Member

Hi everyone. I just recently started reading the Buffy season 8 library editions, and I noticed an issue with my volume 2. The first few pages sewn together seem to have been folded wrong before being sewn in. All of the panels that reach the edge and two-page spreads don't line up. Anyone else have this problem or is mine unique? It's driving me crazy, but I don't want the hassle of doing a return if it was a common problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by epyon3245234 View Post
    Hi everyone. I just recently started reading the Buffy season 8 library editions, and I noticed an issue with my volume 2. The first few pages sewn together seem to have been folded wrong before being sewn in. All of the panels that reach the edge and two-page spreads don't line up. Anyone else have this problem or is mine unique? It's driving me crazy, but I don't want the hassle of doing a return if it was a common problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    mine doesn't have this problem

Fantastic Member

As usual, Dark horse are first with their September solicitations. Here are the HCs:

Aleister & Adolf HC
    Douglas Rushkoff (W) and Michael Avon Oeming (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 2
    b&w, 96 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 6” x 9”
    Media theorist Douglas Rushkoff weaves a mind-bending tale of iconography and mysticism. During the Second World War, the legendary occultist Aleister Crowley develops a powerful and dangerous new weapon in the conflict against the Axis powers. But this unconventional new form of warfare could cast the world into Armageddon!
    • Beautifully rendered by Michael Avon Oeming (Powers)!
    • Foreword by Grant Morrison!

The Art of Battlefield 1 HC
    On sale Oct 25
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9” x 12”
    YOU’VE NEVER SEEN A BATTLEFILED LIKE THIS.
    Dark Horse Books presents The Art of Battlefield 1, chronicling the production of EA DICE’s latest entry in the iconic action series. Visit scenes of the historical conflicts of World War I and examine the gear of the century’s most intimidating soldiers. This is a volume that will thrill gamers in a package that collectors will adore.
    • An intimate look into EA DICE’s new Battlefield opus!
    • The Battlefield franchise travels back in time to World War I!
    • The Battlefield series has surpassed 60 million units in sales!

The Art of Metal Gear Solid V HC & Ltd. Ed. HC
    On sale Nov 2
    FC, 224 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9” x 12”
    On sale Nov 15
    FC, 224 pages
    $99.99
    Ltd. Ed. HC, 9” x 12”
    Celebrate one of the most influential and beloved video game franchises of all time with The Art of Metal Gear Solid V! Featuring hundreds of pieces of never-before-seen concept art from the game’s creators, this beautiful art book is a perfect addition to any gamer’s collection!
    • The genre-defining stealth-game franchise reaches its groundbreaking conclusion!
    • Metal Gear Solid V sold over three million copies in the first week of its release!
    • Featuring art from Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain!
    • The limited-edition package is enclosed in a tactical slipcase and contains an exclusive fine art print by superstar illustrator Ashley Wood!

Creatures of the Night HC (Second Edition)
    Neil Gaiman (W) and Michael Zulli (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 2
    FC, 48 pages
    $12.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    Two magical stories featuring strange creatures that are not quite what they seem! In “The Price,” a mysterious feline engages in a nightly conflict with an unseen, vicious foe. “The Daughter of Owls” recounts a tale of an orphan girl—and how those who wronged her faced bizarre consequences!
    • From New York Times best-selling author Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)!
    • Gorgeously redesigned new edition!

Kabuki Library Edition Volume 4 HC
    David Mack (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 2
    FC, 400 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9” x 12”
    Celebrating twenty years of Kabuki, this is the last volume in a complete set of the entire critically acclaimed Kabuki series in large oversize library editions.
    This edition collects the Kabuki volumes Masks of the Noh, Scarab, and more! The Noh operatives learn Kabuki has gone rogue and is now deemed a liability. With instructions to infiltrate the Control Corps installation, they have one goal: find Kabuki. If she’s dead, bring back her corpse. If she’s alive . . . bring back her corpse.

The Massive Library Edition Volume 2 HC
    Brian Wood (W), Garry Brown (A), Danijel Zezelj (A), Jordie Bellaire (C), and J. P. Leon (Cover)
    On sale Nov 9
    FC, 376 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 8” x 12 3/16”
    The Crash was only the beginning. What remains of civilization is being obliterated by a series of cataclysmic events. The truth about the identity of Captain Israel’s companion Mary, which began as a faint signal, grows louder—and she’s seemingly connected to it all. This second volume of The Massive Library Edition collects The Massive issues #16–#30 in a beautiful hardcover.

Ranx HC
    Stefano Tamburini (W) and Tanino Liberatore (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 9
    FC, 192 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 8 3/8” x 10 7/8”
    The 1980s Heavy Metal cult series, collected for the first time in English!
    Ranx is a sci-fi antihero made of photocopier parts and ultraviolence. In a futuristic dystopia, he protects his girlfriend Lubna from vicious drug dealers on a brutal path of sex, carnage, and destruction.
    This volume collects all of the Ranx stories by Italian comic masters Stefano Tamburini and Tanino Liberatore.

Aleister & Adolf HC
    Kabuki Library Edition Volume 4 HC
    The Massive Library Edition Volume 2 HC

have all been added to my buy list.

I've never been into these "art of" video game books, but I'm too hardcore of a Metal Gear Solid fan to pass this one up. I hope it's full of awesome Shinkawa art. I've always loved his art since I was a youngin' playing MGS1.

I'll probably get the massive vol 2 before I get around to reading the first one, then with my luck I'll probably hate it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'll probably get the massive vol 2 before I get around to reading the first one, then with my luck I'll probably hate it
    Heh. You should probably read vol. 1 and then decide. 15 issues could have been done in 7.

Incredible Member

Anyone else pick up the Mr. X collection? Mine has some spots that looks like ink smudges in the lower margins and just wondering if I got an unlucky copy or if was on multiple copies.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

I have received two days ago my copy of the limited edition of the Sin City Curator's edition (ordered through FP, top notch packaging as always). This is the first volume of this Curator's Collection produced by Kitchen Sink Books (an imprint od Dark Horse), and I hope that there will be more! It is really a beast of a book (see picture below) as the original art is reproduced full size (with traces of pencils and whitening). Miller art explodes at every pages.

20160910_154117.jpg

20160910_152449.jpg

Here is a detailed description of the book http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...d-goodbye.html

Bring on the rest of the series!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Here is a detailed description of the book http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...d-goodbye.html

Oh, your article is the best, as usual!

And I see you have already updated your header picture. Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I have received two days ago my copy of the limited edition of the Sin City Curator's edition (ordered through FP, top notch packaging as always). This is the first volume of this Curator's Collection produced by Kitchen Sink Books (an imprint od Dark Horse), and I hope that there will be more! It is really a beast of a book (see picture below) as the original art is reproduced full size (with traces of pencils and whitening). Miller art explodes at every pages.

20160910_154117.jpg

20160910_152449.jpg

I'd be tempted to get this if the rest of the books get the same treatment, I love sin city but ended up selling the big Omni as it was too big to read comfortably, I would love 2 or 3 library editions, which I'm surprised DH haven't put out

Excellent article by the way ��
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 09-11-2016 at 03:23 AM.

Sin City was actually collected across 2 library editions but theyre long oop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Sin City was actually collected across 2 library editions but theyre long oop.
    Yeah, tried to get hold of them, but didn't want to spend that much cash on eBay books

Thank you guys for the kind words. Reading between the lines of Dark Horse description, I think there will be others Sin City Curator's collection. And the good thing is this curator's edition can be ordered from a wide range of webshop (including European based one), applying their regular discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'd be tempted to get this if the rest of the books get the same treatment, I love sin city but ended up selling the big Omni as it was too big to read comfortably, I would love 2 or 3 library editions, which I'm surprised DH haven't put out
    I found out of about Big Damn going OOP but even then I was hesitant about pulling the trigger. I've been in this hobby for almost two years now and my collection is getting too big for my room. I had trouble moving out of my last place with my collection being half less than half of what it is now and I don't even want to think about how gruelling it'll be when I eventually move out of this place. I'm trying to keep my books smaller because of this. It would be awesome to get deluxe editions out of it though.