Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    It's the thought that counts
    Quod erat demonstrandum...sometimes, people don't even think (enough). Actually, the doormat pic reminded me of this sad picture. But even IF people think, the result is sometimes ridiculous. I think the doormat pic should be put straight in the "human dumbness hall of fame"

Edit: There was a pic from a dead animal on a road. someone painting the road just painted the animal by the way. Heartless. I deleted it.

To stay on on topic: very excited to see the Goon getting a library edition. The Fancypants are expensive (and incomplete I believe). I was just starting to wonder how to collect it when the Library Editions showed up. Great timing, thank you!
    Last edited by Spirou; 06-18-2015 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Dead painted animal on a road picture deleged
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Quod erat demonstrandum...sometimes, people don't even think. Actually, the doormat pic reminded me of this sad picture.
    please don't post pictures of dead animals, some of us are sensitive to this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    please don't post pictures of dead animals, some of us are sensitive to this stuff.
    You're right, it's a comic forum afterall (no big daddy's were hurt in this pic, just killed) image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    You're right, it's a comic forum afterall (no big daddy's were hurt in this pic, just killed) image.jpg
    yeah but that's a drawing about a fictional character (a lot of people would argue that not even a good drawing)...
    but you can post the link, as a link, maybe with a disclaimer.
    Anyway, it's just a request. I also get your point and it even would be funny if I wouldn't be a big crybaby ( I can't watch movies where dogs die, didn't watch John Wick because of this).

yeah but that's a drawing about a fictional character (a lot of people would argue that not even a good drawing)...
    but you can post the link, as a link, maybe with a disclaimer.
    Anyway, it's just a request. I also get your point and it even would be funny if I wouldn't be a big crybaby ( I can't watch movies where dogs die, didn't watch John Wick because of this).
    Everything's fine and you were probably right. Peace

All-New Member

I know I'm very late to the game, but I just bought the Yojimbo Saga HC vols 2 and 3 from IST and don't want to have to put the TPB for Vol 1 on my shelf next to them. Where can I get a copy of the Vol 1 HC for less than the $500 that's listed on Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by Firshizzle View Post
    I know I'm very late to the game, but I just bought the Yojimbo Saga HC vols 2 and 3 from IST and don't want to have to put the TPB for Vol 1 on my shelf next to them. Where can I get a copy of the Vol 1 HC for less than the $500 that's listed on Ebay?
    It's really difficult, it's so rare that everyone who wants one has bought one or found them on Ebay already. People aren't even listing them on Ebay anymore because most don't want to sell it. Your only chance is to keep looking and hopefully one pops up. I think the first volume had a print run of only 900 and by the time the second volume came out Dark Horse bumped up the print run to 1500 for the second volume.
    When I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.ca, they shipped me one and it was already out of stock. Glad I got mine, there were some people who pre-ordered it and never got theirs. The HCs look so beautiful that I'm so happy to have a set on my bookshelf and have no desire to ever sell it.
    Last edited by Groo Odyssey; 06-22-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

I also preordered mine from amazon and was lucky to get it. Dinged corner and all. I never got the fantagraphics slipcase hc but kept an eye out on eBay and got one buy it now for like $140. I was happy with that price onsidering how rare it is. I hope they reprint the saga in hc so other collectors can get a copy for a decent price. It doesn't have to be signed or anything but so many people want it. I bet 1500 would sell out instantly.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

can i read the new BPRD book that came out without knowing anything that happened before? the only thing i know about the hellboy universe is the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    can i read the new BPRD book that came out without knowing anything that happened before? the only thing i know about the hellboy universe is the movies.
    well, the tone of the books are quite different than the movies. Also Abe is a completely different character and, well, basically everybody else as well. And that's nothing against the movies, I really liked them.
    You should do yourself a favor and get the Hellboy books (LE-s of course) and the BPRD Plague of frogs collections too. Good stuff!
    If you only want a taste, I would suggest Hellboy v3, chained coffin and other stories, The Corpse was one of my first Hellboys and it is still one of my favorites.
    BPRD is a bit different and IMHO it works best as an ongoing but there are good shorter stories too, I just can't remember which one would be the best for a try out.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

well, the tone of the books are quite different than the movies. Also Abe is a completely different character and, well, basically everybody else as well. And that's nothing against the movies, I really liked them.
    You should do yourself a favor and get the Hellboy books (LE-s of course) and the BPRD Plague of frogs collections too. Good stuff!
    If you only want a taste, I would suggest Hellboy v3, chained coffin and other stories, The Corpse was one of my first Hellboys and it is still one of my favorites.
    BPRD is a bit different and IMHO it works best as an ongoing but there are good shorter stories too, I just can't remember which one would be the best for a try out.
    yeah i'll most likely pick up the first LE of hellboy then. i wanted to check out the other BPRD stuff but i guess most of the hc's are oop?

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    yeah i'll most likely pick up the first LE of hellboy then. i wanted to check out the other BPRD stuff but i guess most of the hc's are oop?
    unfortunately yeah but they reprinted them in tpb.

also, just checked out some reading orders for the Mignolaverse and every one of them puts the 1946-48 stories after Hellboy the Storm (6tth LE) despite the fact that chronologically they take place in the early years of HB's life (and they are not really about HB IIRC)

Quote Originally Posted by Firshizzle View Post
    I have a new but slightly damaged (damn amazon!) copy to trade on the trading thread (page 11 with description and pics).

Any opinions, reviews on Kindt's Pistolwhip? Is it a good showcase of his talents? Never read anything by him.