Page 83 of 122 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1818
    Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Hmm, for some reason I'd assumed you were in the UK. The shipping will be quite expensive in that case, sending a package of that size to the US from the Netherlands is around 25 euro so the price combined with the book would exceed your maximum price by quite a bit.
    Ahh you're right. Good looking out though; I appreciate it!

Spectacular Member

Fuck yes to a second Usagi Yojimbo Gallery Edition. Between the Saga hardcovers and the first Gallery Edition, it's some time to either already be a big fan of the series or to be new to it like myself. Brilliant. Problem is, of course, that this is yet another book printing art at its original size that I want this year! Wouldn't mind if some of these things are delayed until next year so my wallet can survive this one...

I'm fucking happy for Terminal City

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    I'm fucking happy for Terminal City
    Terminal City in HC, excellent, Library Edition, even f'in better.

If you missed this (Vertigo or plain old DC i can't recall) gem, do yourself a favour and get it

what i would like to know is how come DH can print stuff which DC originally put out? do the rights revert to the creators after a while and they can do with them as they will? or do DC just sell shit on?

I wish Dark Horse would revisit some of their omnibuses and pull out some of the contents for hardcover treatment (regular or oversized - just not shrunk!). I'm thinking the first few Aliens arcs as well as Colonial Marines, Claremont's AvP, the early Terminator and Predator stuff.

Of course this will never happen...this is the company that relegated Grendel - GRENDEL! to these budget omnibuses instead of the hardcover library they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I wish Dark Horse would revisit some of their omnibuses and pull out some of the contents for hardcover treatment (regular or oversized - just not shrunk!). I'm thinking the first few Aliens arcs as well as Colonial Marines, Claremont's AvP, the early Terminator and Predator stuff.

Of course this will never happen...this is the company that relegated Grendel - GRENDEL! to these budget omnibuses instead of the hardcover library they deserved.

As these LE's seem to be proving popular we may get some of the stuff you mention, hopefully all the movie stuff, they must realise Aliens/Predator/Terminator LE's would sell like hot cakes

Mighty Member

They have that aliens anniversary hc scheduled to come out soon. I'm not sure the dimensions though.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    They have that aliens anniversary hc scheduled to come out soon. I'm not sure the dimensions though.
    if memory serves, it's LE size but only a 100ish pages, the could easily stick the first 3 aliens series in one book

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Terminal City in HC, excellent, Library Edition, even f'in better.

If you missed this (Vertigo or plain old DC i can't recall) gem, do yourself a favour and get it

what i would like to know is how come DH can print stuff which DC originally put out? do the rights revert to the creators after a while and they can do with them as they will? or do DC just sell shit on?
    There was already a Terminal City dark horse edition (same size of the old Star Wars omnis)... btw, we'll see also Mister X (same writer of Terminal City) for Dark Horse in 2016. 100 bucks cover price and limited to 500 copies IIRC. I don't know which format it will be though

As these LE's seem to be proving popular we may get some of the stuff you mention, hopefully all the movie stuff, they must realise Aliens/Predator/Terminator LE's would sell like hot cakes
    It's funny because I was actually just thinking this. I was looking for some other series to branch into and started looking up Dark Horse HCs and realized they published a bunch of aliens and predator stuff, but didn't see much in the way of HCs, just paperback omnibi. I have never read anything aliens or predator related but would definitely pick up some aliens/predatorLEs just because both are cool.

The early Aliens, Predator, Terminator, and AvP are all very good, as they stuck close to the movies and even continued the storylines in some instances. Aliens probably stays the strongest the longest out of them.

The Claw of Justice!

I can't wait until the 2nd Usagi Yojimbo Gallery Edition. I hope Yokai is one of the stories in there, as that would be a very exciting one to see at full size.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The early Aliens, Predator, Terminator, and AvP are all very good, as they stuck close to the movies and even continued the storylines in some instances. Aliens probably stays the strongest the longest out of them.
    Aliens : Earth War (was the title I think) was particularly good, it was a direct continuation from The Aliens movie and it concentrated on Hicks and Newt and as the title implies, what happens when the Aliens reach earth, and as you say, the AvP books were very good, far, far better than the movies (but to be fair, that wouldn't be hard)

Aliens : Earth War (was the title I think) was particularly good, it was a direct continuation from The Aliens movie and it concentrated on Hicks and Newt and as the title implies, what happens when the Aliens reach earth, and as you say, the AvP books were very good, far, far better than the movies (but to be fair, that wouldn't be hard)
    Yes, Earth War was great (for some reason they changed the name to Female War in the omnibus) and was actually part 2 or 3 of the "picking up where Aliens left off" storyline.