Page 91 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1818
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    bit weird how many license titles got this treatment while the Concrete (or some other more famous creator owned titles) so far didn't. But the number increases at least.
    I think that's because the line could have been originally meant for licensed products. Before the FA LE's (don't quote me on that) the LE line consisted of only Hellboy and licensed products, and the Hellboy ones differ a lot from the other LE's. Maybe they only pushed through with other works because the format was so popular. I don't know though, just pure speculation.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Update on that Fight Club 2 Library Edition, which seemed mispriced from the lack of any mention of it being signed or containing bonus material. On their site's blog, Dark Horse have this to say:

"An oversized, slipcased hardcover limited edition will be released in October. It features a tip-in plate signed by Chuck Palahniuk, ninety pages of bonus content, and a striking new cover by legendary artist David Mack."

Makes more sense now, as the previous description said there was only fifty pages extra and didn't mention it being signed. Doesn't exactly sound worth it to me but I thought some of you would want to know.
    Thanks for the info Endsville!

Spectacular Member

The page block of my Goon LE volume 2 has completely separated from the spine linings (or whatever the term is) on my first read. Anyone else has had the same problem ? And can it cause long term damages to the binding/spine ? I'm wondering if I should ask for a replacement copy.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    The page block of my Goon LE volume 2 has completely separated from the spine linings (or whatever the term is) on my first read. Anyone else has had the same problem ? And can it cause long term damages to the binding/spine ? I'm wondering if I should ask for a replacement copy.
    It's usually best to provide a picture, but are you saying that the edges of the page block have separated from the hinges? Like this:

If so, that's perfectly normal. It allows a book to lay more flat. If the page block stayed connected to the hinges, then the spine would have to flex quite a bit to get a good sized eyehole, and, as you know, the spine is not flexible on DH Library Editions.

If that's not what you mean, maybe provide a picture to show what you're trying to say.

Incredible Member

http://community.comicbookresources....7&d=1406902254 Grabbed this photo from the Repair thread a few pages down. If this is what you are talking about when you say the page block is separating from the spine lining, then yes it is bad. You can repair it pretty easily, but if the book is still within a returnable window I would just do that. The paper/cloth liner attached to the page block is an integral part of the construction of the book. Without its support the signatures are much more likely to crack apart in the gutter and run the risk of falling apart.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    It's usually best to provide a picture, but are you saying that the edges of the page block have separated from the hinges? Like this:

If so, that's perfectly normal. It allows a book to lay more flat. If the page block stayed connected to the hinges, then the spine would have to flex quite a bit to get a good sized eyehole, and, as you know, the spine is not flexible on DH Library Editions.

If that's not what you mean, maybe provide a picture to show what you're trying to say.
    Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I meant.

Edit : saw Brewman's reply after posting. That's exactly my problem
    Last edited by QComix; 05-09-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    http://community.comicbookresources....7&d=1406902254 Grabbed this photo from the Repair thread a few pages down. If this is what you are talking about when you say the page block is separating from the spine lining, then yes it is bad. You can repair it pretty easily, but if the book is still within a returnable window I would just do that. The paper/cloth liner attached to the page block is an integral part of the construction of the book. Without its support the signatures are much more likely to crack apart in the gutter and run the risk of falling apart.
    Yes, that's exactly the problem! Thanks Brewman, I'll ask for a replacement then

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Yes, that's exactly the problem! Thanks Brewman, I'll ask for a replacement then
    Oh, yeah, those ARE an easy fix, but they require the purchase of a specific glue, so you might as well get a replacement while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Out of the top of my head:

Avatar the last airbender (4th one forthcoming)
    Hellboy
    Mass Effect
    Fear Agent
    The Goon
    Kabuki
    Massive (not yet released)
    Buffy (Season 8, 9 and some extra tales)
    Angel&Faith
    Halo
    Dragon Age
    Terminal City (forthcoming)
    Sin City
    And (technically) Colossal Conan

Oh and Fight Club 2 of course!
    Thanks for that. I wish those Sin City ones would get a re-print. The omni is far too unwieldy.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Thanks for that. I wish those Sin City ones would get a re-print. The omni is far too unwieldy.
    Too right, I ended up selling mine, it was just too big.

edit..

Frankenstein Underground arrived as a tpb, even though it is advertised as a HC on speedyhen, checked the isbn and it is a TPB so wrongly advertised, so guessing it won't get a hc release
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 05-11-2016 at 09:15 AM.

I'm about to start reading the second Fear Agent library edition. Should I read the Tales of before I finish the main three arcs? I enjoyed the tales in the first volume but they felt like exactly what were they supposed to be and I'd rather read the end of the story last. Is there definitely no spoilers in those stories at the back?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I'm about to start reading the second Fear Agent library edition. Should I read the Tales of before I finish the main three arcs? I enjoyed the tales in the first volume but they felt like exactly what were they supposed to be and I'd rather read the end of the story last. Is there definitely no spoilers in those stories at the back?
    I believe it says in the book that the tales not written by remender aren't canon, which is the majority.
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-11-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I've read like one of the tales and that was enough, they add nothing and I think Remender even says it somewhere that they are not in continuity. As much as I LOVE FA the tales just annoy me.

In the first volume Remender says that the first three that he writes are canon and the rest are just for fun. I decided to just rush through them first and have now gone back to the front to start the actual stories. All average but I paid for 'em so at least I've read them once lol.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Is there a list of all Dark Horse Library Editions?
    Well, not only LEs, but I made a list of books from DH with same or similar size. I haven't updated it for some time, but still:

http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post18570