Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Yeah, the Usagi books are actually really well made for the price. I think there will be 6 or 7 of these before they catch up to where the single issues are but it will be interesting to see if they keep releasing them so quickly or if they will start to slow down on them to get people to buy the trades.
    They have solicited through volume 5 by the end of the year. We'll see after that.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    No, you are right. I thought they were slightly smaller, but I measured one against a regular tpb and they are the same size. It's not glossy paper, but it has a nice feel and holds the ink well. I don't think it's matte, either, but I'm pretty happy with the package altogether.

Ok, perfect. I definitely want to buy this new collection, but I think I should read the Fantagraphic books first. Maybe I'll wait September for the FB box set and then I'll start buying the Dark Horse edition.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Ok, perfect. I definitely want to buy this new collection, but I think I should read the Fantagraphic books first. Maybe I'll wait September for the FB box set and then I'll start buying the Dark Horse edition.
    Usagi's good in that you can jump in anywhere, and you'll be right up to speed. (Unless it's like the middle of Grasscutter or something, but even then, Stan's very good at explaining what's gone before in an entertaining manner.) I've never read the Fantagraphics issues, and I had no trouble starting with the DH series. (I do have the FG box set pre-ordered.)

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Usagi's good in that you can jump in anywhere, and you'll be right up to speed. (Unless it's like the middle of Grasscutter or something, but even then, Stan's very good at explaining what's gone before in an entertaining manner.) I've never read the Fantagraphics issues, and I had no trouble starting with the DH series. (I do have the FG box set pre-ordered.)
    Yeah maybe I will do like you do. I've already read Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi... so I kinda know the basic plot of these books I guess.
    Last edited by Fuller; 07-02-2015 at 10:21 AM.

Amazing Member

Does Dark Horse usually try to keep the BPRD HCs in print? Or have they just moved to the softcovers?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've just ordered Hellboy Library Ed vol.1
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    Does Dark Horse usually try to keep the BPRD HCs in print? Or have they just moved to the softcovers?
    Just softcovers now I think. I was able to secure the whole set relatively cheaply on the aftermarket. Of course that was awhile ago so I'm not sure if the prices have gone up or not.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Now get the rest! They all look very nice together on the shelf lol. Classes up any collection instantly.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Now get the rest! They all look very nice together on the shelf lol. Classes up any collection instantly.
    My Library Editions of Hellboy slowly became white over time due to my dog's fur.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

My Library Editions of Hellboy slowly became white over time due to my dog's fur.
    I also have a dog with white fur which covers everything Unfortunately can't put the books any higher. Still, my favorite books, worth every penny.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Just softcovers now I think. I was able to secure the whole set relatively cheaply on the aftermarket. Of course that was awhile ago so I'm not sure if the prices have gone up or not.
    Volume 3 is a pain in the ass to get right now....however, there was listing saying it was getting reprinted in December according to the latest previews IIRC

i wish they came with dust jackets, as they are dust magnets, hope the Goon library editions aren't the same

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm likely to get the rest. My Hellboy reading has been sparse so vol.1 is my tester.
    If I get the rest everyone can breathe easy cause my dogs are not allowed in my hobby room. Door stays shut!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    i wish they came with dust jackets, as they are dust magnets, hope the Goon library editions aren't the same
    Hellboy is the only Library Edition made like that. The rest (at least all that I've seen) are just regular books.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Hellboy is the only Library Edition made like that. The rest (at least all that I've seen) are just regular books.
    Cheers for the info, good to know