Page 99 of 122 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1818

The Aliens 30th Anniversary hardcover is very nice, I was surprised. Hopefully these are good sellers so we get a few more volumes (more than the two already solicited). I'd love to get the first 3 volumes worth of Aliens Omnibus, Predator up through Race War, AvP through Deadliest of Species, and The Terminator through End Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I can't believe Paul Chadwick's Concrete still hasn't received any hardcover collection love yet!
    There were old hardcovers, but it definitely deserves a new definitive library edition treatment.

Also speaking of deserving the library hardcover edition treatment: Regarding Grendel, I can understand why a new reader would become turned off by reading it via the omnibuses. Dark Horse unfortunately went with chronological order instead of (modified) publication order, so you're forced to wade through the subpar B/W/R Hunter Rose short stories that don't move the plot forward at all. Plus the tiny size. (I also never liked the b/w/r version of Devil by the Deed...the first Dark Horse recolored release was excellent).

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Also speaking of deserving the library hardcover edition treatment: Regarding Grendel, I can understand why a new reader would become turned off by reading it via the omnibuses. Dark Horse unfortunately went with chronological order instead of (modified) publication order, so you're forced to wade through the subpar B/W/R Hunter Rose short stories that don't move the plot forward at all. Plus the tiny size. (I also never liked the b/w/r version of Devil by the Deed...the first Dark Horse recolored release was excellent).
    the biggest turn off is volume 2 for me. The main story in it is good but the art is horrendous. Then the 2 shorter stories at the end are just booooooooooring as hell. Had to take a break reading v3 which is better but some of the narrative choices made it hard to get through after the chore v2 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I can't believe Paul Chadwick's Concrete still hasn't received any hardcover collection love yet!
    That's something I didn't realize I needed!

Bring it on Dark Horse!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Read the first arcs in the Omnibus 1/2 in original chronological order, and just couldn't get into it. I feel I'm missing something but couldn't care for the characters.

All-New Member

While everyone has been drooling over the new DC solicits I'm wondering why no one caught this little gem...

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1506703631

Quote Originally Posted by MrRallentando View Post
    While everyone has been drooling over the new DC solicits I'm wondering why no one caught this little gem...

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1506703631
    Nothing showing for me, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Nothing showing for me, what is it?
    meh, just the Hellboy in hell LE

Fantastic Member

Ah, finally a new HB LE! Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

Yes! Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by balakin View Post
    meh, just the hellboy in hell le
    :d
    yessss!!!!
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Anybody ever read Hard Boiled by Frank Miller and Geof Darrow? Any good?
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1506701078

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

Finally! 10cr

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    Anybody ever read Hard Boiled by Frank Miller and Geof Darrow? Any good?
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1506701078
    Awesome book. Hyper-violent and Darrow's art is something to behold. Just do a google image search and see for yourself.

I've had this on pre-order for a while. I only have the story in single installments published in German Heavy Metal magazine from the early 90s and have been waiting for a nice HC for ages.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 03-15-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Awesome book. Hyper-violent and Darrow's art is something to behold. Just do a google image search and see for yourself.

I've had this on pre-order for a while. I only have the story in single installments published in German Heavy Metal magazine from the early 90s and have been waiting for a nice HC for ages.
    Thanks! And yeah, after checking out some of the art, this just went on my buy list. There is some serious pencil work on the pages I looked at.