Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anybody heard any news on BPRD 1949 - 1951? Seems like ages the since the last one came out
    it was last july I think. haven't heard anything yet

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it was last july I think. haven't heard anything yet
    Have I got it wrong? Has there been a '49 '50 and '51 mini series? Or did it switch to hell on earth after '48?

according to wiki there were 46,47 and 48 then the Vampire mini then HoE. Is HoE still going on? I thought it ended not so long ago.

Incredible Member

Theres a Hellboy & The BPRD 1952, Hellboy & The BPRD 1953 is currently coming out in monthly format (TPB due in august), we could take an educated guess at a future 1954 series and hardcover collection after but that might take a couple years.

The main BPRD series is still going through the Hell on Earth storyline and we won't get any hardcover collections of that until its all wrapped up.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Theres a Hellboy & The BPRD 1952, Hellboy & The BPRD 1953 is currently coming out in monthly format (TPB due in august), we could take an educated guess at a future 1954 series and hardcover collection after but that might take a couple years.

The main BPRD series is still going through the Hell on Earth storyline and we won't get any hardcover collections of that until its all wrapped up.
    BPRD Hell on Earth is ending very soon. I would expect we hear something about hardcover collections by the end of the year.

Hellboy and the BPRD 1954 will begin with the free comic book day special.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    according to wiki there were 46,47 and 48 then the Vampire mini then HoE. Is HoE still going on? I thought it ended not so long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    BPRD Hell on Earth is ending very soon. I would expect we hear something about hardcover collections by the end of the year.

Hellboy and the BPRD 1954 will begin with the free comic book day special.
    Cheers all

Fantastic Member

So, the july solicits are out. I present to you... The HCs:

Avatar: The Last Airbender—Smoke and Shadow Library Edition HC
    Gene Luen Yang (W), Michael Dante DiMartino (W), Bryan Konietzko (W), and Gurihiru (A/C/Cover)
    On sale Sept 21
    FC, 240 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9” x 12”
    The Fire Nation is threatened by a prophecy told by the Kemurikage—mysterious figures thought only to exist in legend: “Remove Zuko from the throne or the country will perish!” Unrest is brewing as the New Ozai Society prepares to make its move against the Crown, and children begin to go missing from their homes under mysterious circumstances! Avatar Aang and his friends are doing everything in their power to save them—but will it be enough?
    This special oversized edition features parts 1–3 with annotations by writer Gene Luen Yang and artists Gurihiru and a sketchbook section with new behind-the-scenes material!

Conan Volume 20: A Witch Shall Be Born HC
    Fred Van Lente (W), Brian Ching (A), José Luis (P), Andy Owens (I), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Paul Renaud (Cover)
    On sale Sept 7
    FC, 152 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    Writer Fred Van Lente’s incredible run on Conan reaches its epic conclusion! This spellbinding volume features an evil witch bent on vengeance against her twin sister, as well as what is perhaps the most famous event in the Conan mythos—Conan’s crucifixion! Collects issues #20–#25 of Conan the Avenger.
    • Fred Van Lente wraps up his epic run!
    • Features one of the most famous scenes in the canon—the crucifixion of Conan!
    • Artist José Luis joins series regular Brian Ching!

Dear Creature HC
    Jonathan Case (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 28
    b&w, 192 pages
    $22.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    Deep beneath the waves Grue discovers love after finding Shakespeare’s plays in cola bottles. When his first attempt at companionship in the world above ends . . . poorly, Grue searches for the person who cast the plays into the sea. What he finds is love in the arms of Giulietta―but with his wicked past catching up to him, Grue must decide if becoming a new man means ignoring the monster he was.
    • Brand-new hardcover edition of Jonathan Case’s debut graphic novel!

The EC Archives: Weird Fantasy Volume 2 HC
    Bill Gaines (W), Al Feldstein (W/A), Wally Wood (W/A), Jack Kamen (A), George Roussos (A), Joe Orlando (A), Max Elkan (A), Marie Severin (C), and Carlos Badilla (C)
    On sale Sept 28
    FC, 216 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8 3/16” x 11”
    The fantasies just get weirder at Dark Horse! This wonderful and bizarre volume collects issues #7–#12 of the groundbreaking comics anthology—remastered in glorious digital color! Featuring twenty-four breathtaking tales from iconic writers and artists including Al Feldstein, Jack Kamen, George Roussos, Wally Wood, Joe Orlando, and Max Elkan.
    • Dark Horse reprints the famous science-fiction comic series!

Eerie Archives Volume 22 HC
    Larry Hama (W), Bruce Jones (W), Alfredo Alcala (A), Val Mayerik (A), and Pablo Marcos (A)
    On sale Sept 7
    FC, 256 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8” x 11”
    Alien terrors and celestial double crosses abound in Cousin Eerie’s latest collection of strange suspense and science-fiction fright! Collecting Eerie issues #104 to #108, this tome features stories by Bruce Jones, Larry Hama, Pablo Marcos, Paul Gulacy, Alfredo Alcala, Jose Ortiz, and more! Introduction by Frank Barbiere.
    • An arresting assembly of timeless terror and classic creators!
    • All bonus features, fan pages, and letters columns are included!

The Massive: Ninth Wave Library Edition HC
    Brian Wood (W), Garry Brown (A), Jordie Bellaire (C), and J. P. Leon (Cover)
    On sale Sept 14
    FC, 152 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 8” x 12”
    In the pages of The Massive, Ninth Wave was struggling to repair a broken world. But before that, it was the preeminent global environmental-rescue unit, taking on criminals, polluters, politicians, and rogue states.
    Critically acclaimed writer Brian Wood and artist Garry Brown go back to the beginning with the Ninth Wave environmental action unit, sharing stories from the front lines of the eco-war in The Massive: Ninth Wave #1–#6, now collected in a beautiful hardcover perfect for any library collection.

Neil Gaiman’s Troll Bridge HC
    Neil Gaiman (W) and Colleen Doran (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 21
    FC, 64 pages
    $14.99
    HC, 6.5” x 10”
    Young Jack’s world was full of ghosts and ghouls, but one monster—a ravenous and hideous troll—would haunt him long into manhood. As the beast sups upon a lifetime of Jack’s fear and regret, Jack must find the courage within himself to face the fiend once and for all!
    • Beautifully adapted by Colleen Doran (The Sandman, Stan Lee’s Amazing Fantastic Incredible: A Marvelous Memoir)!
    • A gorgeous new addition to your Gaiman library!

Plants vs. Zombies Volume 5: Petal to the Metal HC
    Paul Tobin (W), Ron Chan (A/Cover), and Matthew J. Rainwater (C)
    On sale Sept 7
    FC, 80 pages
    $9.99
    HC, 6” x 9”
    Sun-powered, plant-driven speedsters versus imp-powered, zombie-driven hot rods! Let the races begin! Crazy Dave takes on the incredibly tough Don’t Blink video game—and he also challenges Dr. Zomboss to a series of races to determine the future of Neighborville! The car-filled competition is underway! Paul Tobin and Ron Chan return to deliver another hilarious zombie battle to your burg! Collects issues #7–#9 of the series.
    • Eisner Award winner Paul Tobin continues his hilarious PVZ run!
    • The official comic of the addictive video games!

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 7 Ltd. Ed. HC
    Stan Sakai (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 21
    b&w, 624 pages
    $79.99
    Ltd. Ed. HC, 7” x 10”
    This seventh volume includes “Traitors of the Earth,” in which Usagi faces the undead, “A Town Called Hell,” wherein Usagi is caught between two competing gang lords, “Those Who Tread on the Scorpion’s Tail,” which pits Usagi against the notorious Red Scorpions, and more!
    Collects Usagi Yojimbo Volume Three #117–#138 and the Free Comic Book Day 2009 story “One Dark and Stormy Night.”

Odds on a 2nd volume of Colossal Conan?
    If they do one, it'll be even better than the first, which was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Would love one. Has DH ever mentioned it anywhere that it could happen?

Incredible Member

So there's a Fight Club 2 Library Edition on amazon.ca, for $194.00!!!! What the hell??

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I think they should do a proper archive series of the actual Conan material, before focusing on publishing collections of the modern licensed drivel they put out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    I think they should do a proper archive series of the actual Conan material, before focusing on publishing collections of the modern licensed drivel they put out now.
    I hope you don't mean the Conan books in general with that. Giorello's King Conan is right up there with Buscema's and to (not only) me even surpasses the majority of BWS's Conan.

But I agree that some of the classic material should be given a proper treatment.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I hope you don't mean the Conan books in general with that. Giorello's King Conan is right up there with Buscema's and to (not only) me even surpasses the majority of BWS's Conan.

But I agree that some of the classic material should be given a proper treatment.
    Maybe some savage sword printed on something thicker than phone book paper?

It is a French edition but I think it is worth mentioning here as it is to my knowledge a worldwide exclusive (don't hesitate to correct me if not), Aliens Salvation by Mike Mignola (with Gibbons script) in plain B&W: http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...ted-raw-b.html