Page 80 of 122 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1818
    All-New Member

Hey just wondering, was thinking of grabbing the Fear Agent library editions or the Planetary Omnibus of Amazon! How good is the quality of the library editions and for someone who has not read any Fear Agent is it accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by losicecreams View Post
    Hey just wondering, was thinking of grabbing the Fear Agent library editions or the Planetary Omnibus of Amazon! How good is the quality of the library editions and for someone who has not read any Fear Agent is it accessible?
    The quality is top notch and the story itself is one of my favs. You don't need to know much about the story. It's a pulpy romp through space with a down and out character in the vein of Han Solo or Malcolm Reynolds.

Fantastic Member

Fear Agent is stupendous in both quality and accessibility. The book (well, books since there's 2 volumes) is huge, good binding and great paper quality. The artwork is superb throughout and the story is highly entertaining.

Fear Agent is a series with a beginning and an end just like Planetary. You grab the omni or the two LE-s in case of Fear agent and you have the whole thing, nothing else is required.
    As for the story, both of them are in my top 10 all time favorite books that I would just throw at everybody if I had money to buy a 1000 copies. Freakin' love them!
    But! Planetary's build quality is just allright and it's a 1000 pages. It had like 5 printings and some of those's binding is better than other's.
    On the other hand the FA LE-s are even taller and the build quality is really bloody good, thick paper, superb binding, all around awesomeness.

I would say definitely buy both but buy FA first.

Fantastic Member

Well, the April solicitations are out and here are the HCs:

Archie’s Pal Jughead Archives Volume 2 HC
    Bob Montana (A), George Frese (A), and Bill Vigoda (A)
    On sale June 15
    FC, 240 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    Hungry for more? Jughead gets into more scrapes, rebuffs more cute girls, and eats more hamburgers than anyone! These classic stories feature artwork from Bob Montana and Bill Vigoda and highlight the weirder antics of Jughead, Archie, Betty, Veronica, and the rest of the gang. Collecting Archie’s Pal Jughead #9–#16.
    • Featuring art from classic Archie artists Bob Montana and Bill Vigoda!
    • Includes vintage game pages and ads!

The Complete Emily the Strange: All Things Strange HC
    Rob Reger (W), Jessica Gruner (W), Buzz Parker (A/Cover), and Ryan Hill (C)
    On sale June 29
    FC, 416 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 6” x 9”
    Emily the Strange is not your ordinary thirteen-year-old girl—she’s got a razor-sharp wit as dark as her jet-black hair, a posse of moody black cats, and famous friends in very odd places! The Complete Emily the Strange: All Things Strange collects the first three volumes of Emily the Strange in one beautiful hardcover. It’s a perfect time to be strange.

Fight Club 2 HC
    Chuck Palahniuk (W), Cameron Stewart (A), Dave Stewart (C), and David Mack (Cover)
    On sale June 21
    FC, 280 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    Some imaginary friends never go away . . .
    Ten years after starting Project Mayhem, he lives a mundane life. A kid, a wife. Pills to keep his destiny at bay. But it won’t last long—the wife has seen to that. He’s back where he started, but this go-round he’s got more at stake than his own life. The time has arrived . . . Collects issues #1–#10 of the series.

Frank Miller’s Sin City: The Hard Goodbye Curator’s Collection HC & Ltd. Ed. HC
    Frank Miller (W/A)
    On sale June 22
    FC, 224 pages
    $175.00
    HC,15” x 21 1/2”
    On sale June 22
    FC, 224 pages
    $275.00
    Ltd. Ed. HC,15” x 21 1/2”
    You’ve seen Sin City, but never like this! Frank Miller’s Sin City: The Hard Goodbye Curator’s Collection showcases the entire graphic novel scanned from the original artwork in Frank Miller’s archives and reproduced at full size. Introduction by Robert Rodriguez, with an afterword by Mike Richardson and an interview about the artistic process with Frank Miller!
    • Reproduces the original artwork—at full size—directly from the originals in Frank Miller’s archives!
    • The first volume in Kitchen Sink Books’ Curator’s Collection series, featuring acclaimed graphic novels reproduced from the original art, shown alongside text pieces, unseen artwork, and ancillary material.
    • The $275 limited edition features an alternate cover and is signed by Frank Miller in pencil on a special tipped-in image not included in the regular edition. Limited to 500 copies worldwide, this version is for the discerning collector!

The Goon Library Volume 3 HC
    Eric Powell (W/A/Cover)
    On sale June 1
    FC, 416 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 8” x 12 3/16”
    Fear and misery plague the town on the edge of Horse-Eater’s Wood. After the death of a friend and ally reveals the return of Labrazio, the Goon’s sworn enemy thought long gone, the Goon realizes that something darker is going on in the town than anyone suspected. Collects The Goon Volumes 7–9.

How to Talk to Girls at Parties HC
    Neil Gaiman (W), Gabriel Bá (A/Cover), and Fábio Moon (A/Cover)
    On sale June 15
    FC, 64 pages
    $17.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    Two teenage boys are in for a tremendous shock when they crash a party where the girls are far more than they appear!
    From Neil Gaiman—one of the most celebrated authors of our time—and award-winning artists Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá, this sumptuous graphic novel is not to be missed!
    • Moon and Bá adapt the Gaiman story they were born to draw!

Plants vs. Zombies Volume 4: Grown Sweet Home HC
    Paul Tobin (W), Andie Tong (A/Cover), Karim Friha (A/C), Nneka Myers (A/C), Brian Churilla (A/C), and Matthew J. Rainwater (C)
    On sale June 1
    FC, 80 pages
    $9.99
    HC, 6” x 9”
    A group of young plants move out of Crazy Dave’s garage and into his huge family mansion in Neighborville. But why is Dr. Zomboss spying on them? Artist Andie Tong joins writer Paul Tobin for this three-issue arc! Bonus stories by Karim Friha, Nneka Myers, and others! Collects Plants vs. Zombies #4–#6.

Read the first issue of Fight Club 2 and loved it, I'm so glad they are releasing the book as hardcover.

Fantastic Member

Wow, that means Fight Club 2 hardcover has been released here in Russia earlier than in US. That's an interesting case.

All-New Member

thanks for all the replies guys I'll probably be getting Fear Agent then! hope it turns out great

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

They are not wasting time on The Goon Library editions are they? Volume 3 already solicited!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    They are not wasting time on The Goon Library editions are they? Volume 3 already solicited!!
    Party time!!! Can't wait, I loved vol 1 to death.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    For some reason I just assumed there was only enough for two volumes. I bought and loved vol. 1 and planned to get vol. 2.
    How much is out there to collect in LEs?
    Great series!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    For some reason I just assumed there was only enough for two volumes. I bought and loved vol. 1 and planned to get vol. 2.
    Great series!
    There are 5 volumes planned IIRC. I'm planning to get them all on release!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Great series!
    The series ended a few months ago. There will be 5 LEs in total.
    P.S @losicecreams... don't pass on Planetary!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    There are 5 volumes planned IIRC. I'm planning to get them all on release!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    The series ended a few months ago. There will be 5 LEs in total.
    P.S @losicecreams... don't pass on Planetary!

Thanks. I'll be getting all five (or the remaining four) on the weeks of release as well. It's definitely a fun read.

Incredible Member

Getting ready to crack The Goon now. After the hard sell I and others have gotten over not having Fear Agent yet, I just put in my order for 1 & 2 tonight.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?