Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    let me know if you want to cut me a deal on them
    Internet acquaintance are all well and good, but nothing beats the cold hard cash of sell for a quid on eBay offer

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    What is flaming carrot? Any good?
    It’s a very, very surreal comic from the ‘80s and ‘90s (and ‘00s?) featuring a guy who went crazy after reading 10,000 comics in one sitting to win a bet, and starting wearing a six-foot-tall flaming carrot mask and flippers (in case he has to swim). He’s a member of the Mysterymen, the superhero team with the highest body count. (They made a movie of them in the late ‘90s, sans the Carrot.)

It’s, uh, pretty strange. I bought the first few trades years ago but couldn’t really get into it. It’s not so much jokes as just really dry absurdism for the sake of it. Not my thing, but I know some people swear by it.

Incredible Member

Speaking of the Flaming Carrot, I’m wondering why this omnibus collects issues 1-2, 4-11, and 25-27. Were those the only issues Dark Horse could get the rights to? I would have guessed Bob Burden retained the character rights, but I know a lot of indie creators back in the ‘80s allowed each other to use their characters, and then when some characters hit it big, reprinting issues became dicey. Maybe Cerberus or somebody guested in issue 3?

But that still doesn’t explain issues 12-24. According to Wikipedia, Dark Horse published issues 18-31. So I wonder why this volume skips issues 18-24?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Internet acquaintance are all well and good, but nothing beats the cold hard cash of sell for a quid on eBay offer
    Haha it was worth a shot. I've managed to overspend anyway on my visit to Glasgow ��

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Speaking of the Flaming Carrot, I’m wondering why this omnibus collects issues 1-2, 4-11, and 25-27. Were those the only issues Dark Horse could get the rights to? I would have guessed Bob Burden retained the character rights, but I know a lot of indie creators back in the ‘80s allowed each other to use their characters, and then when some characters hit it big, reprinting issues became dicey. Maybe Cerberus or somebody guested in issue 3?

But that still doesn’t explain issues 12-24. According to Wikipedia, Dark Horse published issues 18-31. So I wonder why this volume skips issues 18-24?
    I'd love an explanation on this as well. I never thought we'd get a FC Omni of any type, heck even OHC. Glad to get something.
    Still, why the gaps? Looking it up on comicvine.com I don't see a reason for the omission of #3. The Artless Dodger character is created by Bob Burden.
    Also, the three issue TMNT crossover is included, those are the #25-27 issues. But not the 4 issue mini from a few years later.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

This is actually a nice little bunch of releases, DH have some good stuff in their vaults and they always do good quality books, I just wish they would release more stuff

Can anyone who read the Abe Sapien hcs tell me if the play into the main BPRD series? I'm planning on selling them since I kinda don't really care for reading them (what I remember of the couple of issues I've read are confirmed by the reviews here a few weeks ago) unless they are integral to the main storyline of HoE.

I haven’t read vol 5 of Hell on Earth so I can’t say for sure, but having just read books 1 to 4 and both abe sapien books, I’d say if hadn’t read the and sapien stuff I wouldn’t of missed anything, I’d keep the abe stand alone collection tho

Set at same time and they explain where abe went, but they were really poor

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I haven’t read vol 5 of Hell on Earth so I can’t say for sure, but having just read books 1 to 4 and both abe sapien books, I’d say if hadn’t read the and sapien stuff I wouldn’t of missed anything, I’d keep the abe stand alone collection tho

Set at same time and they explain where abe went, but they were really poor
    So keep the Drowning and other stories? I remember reading those as well, liking them but not being really blown away. But maybe I just felt like after the movies (yeah that was a long time ago) the comics version of Abe was less interesting.

So keep the Drowning and other stories? I remember reading those as well, liking them but not being really blown away. But maybe I just felt like after the movies (yeah that was a long time ago) the comics version of Abe was less interesting.
    Yes, the drowning and other stories I enjoyed, as soon as he mutated it became boring (didn’t help that I thought the art was terrible as well)

Cool, I might keep that then.

Any opinions on Mind MGMT?
    I was meant to get it for like 2 years now but I've never read anything from Kindt I really liked but this series was used to be hyped up a lot.
    Although everyone agrees lately that Black hammer is the bee's knees too but I'm not as enthusiastic about it (although I tend to enjoy Lemire much more than Kindt).

I was meant to get it for like 2 years now but I've never read anything from Kindt I really liked but this series was used to be hyped up a lot.
    Although everyone agrees lately that Black hammer is the bee's knees too but I'm not as enthusiastic about it (although I tend to enjoy Lemire much more than Kindt).
    The only MGMT I like is the band, never read the book, I have Black Hammer in my ‘to read’ pile, looks like vol 5 of Hell on Earth and book 2 of Harrow County are on their way from speedyhen, so they will go straight to to the top of the pile
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 03-28-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Mind MGMT was a fun book very weird, but well done good read def worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Mind MGMT was a fun book very weird, but well done good read def worth reading.
    I keep looking maybe I get a deal on the hcs but I won't run out to buy them (or the new chunky trades).

Mind MGMT is among my favourite Series!(No exaggeration)I'm currently reading it, alongside Fables. If you're a fan of shadow governments composed of mind reading, thought altering, future telling, brainwashing, thought deleting, kill-you-with-my-finger-pointing, Dr. Dolittle-esque, psy op agents, then you'll love this.

I'd recommend waiting for the Omnibus editions coming out. I have the hardcovers, and while lovely, two of them are starting to fall apart. Perhaps, I was simply unlucky with my copies. If you can get all for a great price -- get them.