Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
The art in Sandman is phenomenal, it always has been even though there were different artists (even the current Sandman overture has great art). I'm also a modern art fan but I can appreciate 80's and 90's art. I usually don't buy early 80's or 70's since the art as well as the story feel dated altough I do have exceptions of course and sometimes love those stories (I have a soft spot for Squadron Supreme, New Teen titans and Suicide squad). The 90's and 00's are my times, all my favorite stories come from those times and it doesn't help most have great art from superstars like Cassaday and Sean Phillips. I instantly buy every OHC from those guys (which is why it drives me nuts I can't find affordable Astonishing X-men OHC'S or the omnibus). I do love me some Mignola Hellboy art though
I would say Overture has the best art. J.H. Williams is just unreal (I haven't read overture yet but Williams is always fenomenal). I'm not to keen on the Sam Keith stuff but I'm generally not so fond of these early Vertigo style artworks (Troug's animal man or Thompsons work on The Invisibles). They seem like half developed to me, but it's not like I can't look at them, it's just feels like that something is missing. But the stories are so good, I just don't care.

Why do you feel 80's and 70's artwork is dated? I'm all for Sean Phillips and Cassaday but I cant help but be amazed by some Byrne, Cockrum or Buscema pages (and I'm not that old, I'm barely 28).