Page 90 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1818

cont

Mighty Member

Wow..looks great! And the buy list grows...

BANNED

I need Aliens 30th Anniversary OHC so bad... definetly gonna get it next.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Classy, the pages are like cardboard, buy it and hopefully Predator, Aliens vs, will follow..........
    Mine arrived today and I second this motion. It's a gorgeous book. Can't wait to read it, I haven't read manyof the Aliens comics...

The new Aliens hardcover is already out of stock at IST and Amazon. I doubt it is truly OOP yet, but still curious what is going on.

The final volume of Savage Sword of Conan comes out this month. Has anyone here bought all of them so far? And does the series stay interesting. I think it would be very easy for the stories to all start to feel the same. I have the first 4, but i've only read half of the first book (i found the other 3 for $9.00 each at a used book store and couldn't pass it up.)

I wonder if dark horse plans to reprint any of them. volumes 1-8 are already marked up to $50.00 or more on amazon.

I've just registered for this forum to engage in this thread. I had no idea until just now that these Library Editions were a "thing". I have all of the Usagi Yojimbo Saga volumes because my acivity on an Usagi board alterted me to their existence when they were first released. I am relieved to learn that, insofar as I can tell, none of Paul Chadwick's Concrete has been collected in a hardcover edition. I was just about to order some more of the little TPBs that are available to add to my library, but a harcover collection would be so much more approptiate. Is there any indication that this may occur? It was a flagship book back in the day. I'm kind of surprised that it hadn't already been considered.

Or have I missed something?
    Last edited by Otter; 05-06-2016 at 05:04 AM. Reason: spelling

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I've just registered for this forum to engage in this thread. I had no idea until just now that these Library Editions were a "thing". I have all of the Usagi Yojimbo Saga volumes because my acivity on an Usagi board alterted me to their existence when they were first released. I am relieved to learn that, insofar as I can tell, none of Paul Chadwick's Concrete has been collected in a hardcover edition. I was just about to order some more of the little TPBs that are available to add to my library, but a harcover collection would be so much more approptiate. Is there any indication that this may occur? It was a flagship book back in the day. I'm kind of surprised that it hadn't already been considered.

Or have I missed something?
    Library editions of Concrete have been in big demand by this group for a quite some time but unfortunately it has yet to happen. Chances are it could still happen though, I feel that DH listen to their customers a lot more than the big companies. All we know for sure though is that it won't happen within six months or so as those books are already solicited and the closest date a possible HC could be published would probably be in 2017. So if ypu really want to have the books I'm afraid you have to stick with the tpb's. Personally I'm still waiting but then again my to-read pile is so huge that even I got the tpb's today I probably wouldn't read them till 2017 haha. So yeah, my guess is as good as yours. Anyways, welcome to the forum!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    The final volume of Savage Sword of Conan comes out this month. Has anyone here bought all of them so far? And does the series stay interesting. I think it would be very easy for the stories to all start to feel the same. I have the first 4, but i've only read half of the first book (i found the other 3 for $9.00 each at a used book store and couldn't pass it up.)

I wonder if dark horse plans to reprint any of them. volumes 1-8 are already marked up to $50.00 or more on amazon.
    Really? I thought they were still in print. Hopefully, now that the cheap version of the series is done, they'll do proper reprints befitting the material. The Doc Savage collection from Dynamite is a great example of how to treat this material properly, or even Dark Horses own Creepy/Eerie Archives.

At the very least print them in the corrext size, or oversized even, with sharp, dark lines, and on industry standard paper stock. No series is more deserving of a library edition

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Library editions of Concrete have been in big demand by this group for a quite some time but unfortunately it has yet to happen. Chances are it could still happen though, I feel that DH listen to their customers a lot more than the big companies. All we know for sure though is that it won't happen within six months or so as those books are already solicited and the closest date a possible HC could be published would probably be in 2017. So if ypu really want to have the books I'm afraid you have to stick with the tpb's. Personally I'm still waiting but then again my to-read pile is so huge that even I got the tpb's today I probably wouldn't read them till 2017 haha. So yeah, my guess is as good as yours. Anyways, welcome to the forum!
    Thanks for that. I really hope it's just a matter of time. I can't see why they wouldn't do it.

Spectacular Member

Update on that Fight Club 2 Library Edition, which seemed mispriced from the lack of any mention of it being signed or containing bonus material. On their site's blog, Dark Horse have this to say:

"An oversized, slipcased hardcover limited edition will be released in October. It features a tip-in plate signed by Chuck Palahniuk, ninety pages of bonus content, and a striking new cover by legendary artist David Mack."

Makes more sense now, as the previous description said there was only fifty pages extra and didn't mention it being signed. Doesn't exactly sound worth it to me but I thought some of you would want to know.

Is there a list of all Dark Horse Library Editions?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Is there a list of all Dark Horse Library Editions?
    Out of the top of my head:

Avatar the last airbender (4th one forthcoming)
    Hellboy
    Mass Effect
    Fear Agent
    The Goon
    Kabuki
    Massive (not yet released)
    Buffy (Season 8, 9 and some extra tales)
    Angel&Faith
    Halo
    Dragon Age
    Terminal City (forthcoming)
    Sin City
    And (technically) Colossal Conan

Oh and Fight Club 2 of course!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Out of the top of my head:

Avatar the last airbender (4th one forthcoming)
    Hellboy
    Mass Effect
    Fear Agent
    The Goon
    Kabuki
    Massive (not yet released)
    Buffy (Season 8, 9 and some extra tales)
    Angel&Faith
    Halo
    Dragon Age
    Terminal City (forthcoming)
    Sin City
    And (technically) Colossal Conan

Oh and Fight Club 2 of course!
    bit weird how many license titles got this treatment while the Concrete (or some other more famous creator owned titles) so far didn't. But the number increases at least.