Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The announced HCs from the Dark horse solicitations:
    [Lots of HCs]
    The real news is that Dark Horse is going to publish Satoshi Kon's Opus. One of the best anime directors ever and a very interesting manga author. Just buy it, everone; hopefully, sales are good enough to bring the rest of Kon's work, which is fantastic, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The real news is that Dark Horse is going to publish Satoshi Kon's Opus. One of the best anime directors ever and a very interesting manga author. Just buy it, everone; hopefully, sales are good enough to bring the rest of Kon's work, which is fantastic, to say the least.
    That man could have been another Miyazaki if he hadn't passed so young. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Ooh and Seraphim too.

Man I wish more Japanese manga got hardcover or even 10.4" trim releases. Manga is one area I would actually buy digitally, as for most manga reading it on an iPad would be a significant step up in quality. There doesn't seem to be much out there though (official).

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Anyone planning on picking up the Usagi Yojimbo Saga?

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...i+yojimbo+saga
    I have never read an issue of Usagi before but I've already preordered the saga hardcover as well as the new limited series coming out. Looks to me like a Japanese version of Groo which I LOVE so that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I have never read an issue of Usagi before but I've already preordered the saga hardcover as well as the new limited series coming out. Looks to me like a Japanese version of Groo which I LOVE so that's good enough for me.
    Sakai does the lettering for Groo, and he and Usagi have crossed paths several times, but Usagi is a very different kind of story. Humorous at times, but generally more serious, and Usagi is as competent as Groo is not.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    That man could have been another Miyazaki if he hadn't passed so young. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out now.
    Glad you're doing it. Keep in mind, though, that the last part is not finished for different reasons (Kon's death, the magazine that published it closing down). We get, instead, rough, unfinished panels, but it's better than nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    Ooh and Seraphim too.

Man I wish more Japanese manga got hardcover or even 10.4" trim releases. Manga is one area I would actually buy digitally, as for most manga reading it on an iPad would be a significant step up in quality. There doesn't seem to be much out there though (official).
    Let's hope they grab the rights to Tropic of the Sea, too. I heard the current English edition is poorly translated (thank God I have the spanish HC), but I haven't had the chance to check it out, though.

And while I don't mind their size, I certainly wish that there were more digital mangas. Not only for the bigger size but the space they can take in one's shelves.

Spectacular Member

Stilll no Buffy season 9 hardcover solicits? Book one of season 10 will be out this fall. If memory serves, they were producing the library editions of season 8 about the same time as the beginning of season 9. So maybe no library editions of Season 9?
    trying to be nicer

BANNED

I got my replacement Colossal Conan in the mail today from Amazon and it's perfect. The binding is much better. I must have just gotten a lemon. Sometimes it happens. Thanks for the comments guys. It's really one on my favorite books now. Absolutely fantastic storytelling, art, and presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Has anyone who bought the Colossal Conan found that the binding falls apart? Mine looked pretty bad when I first got it with the cardboard backing warped and peeling off in places, and as Ive started reading it the cardboard and ribbon have come free from its glue on the spine entirely. The only book Ive ever seen with this kind of problem before is Marvel's The Stand omnibus.

I think I am going to return it and hope the replacement Amazon sends me is better. I hate to send it back because it's really such a beautiful book and the binding, while ugly as sin all peeled apart like that, is actually holding the pages together fine. But I just can't justify spending over 100 dollars (in Canada) on a book where parts of the binding are falling off.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Finally pre-ordered Big Damn Sin city after the weight was listed (12.2 pounds! That's 1.5 times as heavy as another 1200 page book like X-statix, so it's good paper!). Sooo excited!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Finally pre-ordered Big Damn Sin city after the weight was listed (12.2 pounds! That's 1.5 times as heavy as another 1200 page book like X-statix, so it's good paper!). Sooo excited!
    Wowzers. Think I'm going to get one of those Taschen bookstands for reading that thing.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Wowzers. Think I'm going to get one of those Taschen bookstands for reading that thing.

I drop things easily so my cats are going to be in real danger when that thing gets here
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Just ordered Big Damn Sin City off IST. Never read any Sin City but loved the movie and pretty much everything Frank Miller has done.

I received my copy of Big Damn Sin City and I love it (plus the price is amazing!). This may be my new favourite book I own. Prior to this massive tome I only owned the miniature sized copy of the Hard Goodbye that came with the special edition DVD a few years back. Some pics below. The artwork is stunning in the larger format.

DSC00356.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    I received my copy of Big Damn Sin City and I love it (plus the price is amazing!). This may be my new favourite book I own. Prior to this massive tome I only owned the miniature sized copy of the Hard Goodbye that came with the special edition DVD a few years back. Some pics below. The artwork is stunning in the larger format.

DSC00356.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00358.jpg
    That is one hefty tome.

I just ordered it from IST, and can't wait to get my hands on it.