Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1818

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So with the announcement of Netflix adapting Grendel, do you guys think there’s any chance we maybe see some Library Editions of it? I haven’t read it, but if DH announced some libraries for it I would definitely look into giving it a shot.
    Just came on to ask the same thing, I have read some but it may have been out of sequence or something as I didn’t really take to it, I don’t really know anything about the character, have there been multiple Grendels? I have a Grendel vs The Shadow which I remember liking, but that May of been because I really like the Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just came on to ask the same thing, I have read some but it may have been out of sequence or something as I didn’t really take to it, I don’t really know anything about the character, have there been multiple Grendels? I have a Grendel vs The Shadow which I remember liking, but that May of been because I really like the Shadow
    I tried to read Grendel but gave up after the first omnibus. IIRC the omnibuses collected the stories in "story order" and not in publication order (which I hate) but also I feel like it's an early 90s indie book so probably it was a bit rough around the edges as well.
    I've read all the Hunter Rose stories and then moved on to the next version of Grendel, and it didn't appeal to me at all, so I just stopped and sold the books.

I do remember really enjoying the shadow crossover too.
    I kinda feel like this adaptation could be a more refined version of the original concept.

Incredible Member

I've tried reading Grendel in the past but couldn't get into it. He's basically Shade from Starman; a gentleman thief who appreciates classy **** but is mostly a power-hungry violent guy underneath who's doing all this for the thrill.

There are multiple versions of the character. The original Hunter Rose, and then there's a female version I think and a future android version.

The Batman/Grendel crossover is excellent though, as was the Shadow one.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    The Batman/Grendel crossover is excellent though, as was the Shadow one.
    These are my only exposure to reading the character.
    I'll watch the show but I'm not ready to lay down cash for an Omni of Grendel that is a very large almost blind buy for me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Is Nocturnals by Dan Brereton any good? It's getting an HC omnibus from Dark Horse.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Is Nocturnals by Dan Brereton any good? It's getting an HC omnibus from Dark Horse.
    I haven’t read any of it, but I’m planning to get the omnibus just on the strength of that art and the Wikipedia description.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I remember liking it quite a bit when it first came out (I think it was three books in the old ‘prestige’ format) I was considering getting it again but it may be a bit disappointing after all this time

With Darkhorse starting to re-print the EC archives series in paperback, does anyone think or at last know if the same will happen to its Creepy and Eerie line?
    Hail Hydra!

Not as up on the Dark Horse upcoming books as I should be do we got any Hellboy universe omnis upcoming outside of Witchfinder vol 2 that is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Not as up on the Dark Horse upcoming books as I should be do we got any Hellboy universe omnis upcoming outside of Witchfinder vol 2 that is coming?
    Lobster Johnson is finally getting the omnibus treatment in early 2022. Pretty excited for that.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    With Darkhorse starting to re-print the EC archives series in paperback, does anyone think or at last know if the same will happen to its Creepy and Eerie line?
    I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but I know the last two volumes each of Eerie and Creepy Archives almost didn’t get released, likely due to disappointing sales for the immediately preceding volumes. So I don’t know that I’d hold my breath.

(EC is also more manageable, with only 30 issues of Tales from the Crypt, 29 of Vault of Horror, and 27 of Haunt of Fear, and roughly comparable numbers for Weird Science and Weird Fantasy. Far easier to commit resources to reprinting five volumes than twenty-nine.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but I know the last two volumes each of Eerie and Creepy Archives almost didn’t get released, likely due to disappointing sales for the immediately preceding volumes. So I don’t know that I’d hold my breath.

(EC is also more manageable, with only 30 issues of Tales from the Crypt, 29 of Vault of Horror, and 27 of Haunt of Fear, and roughly comparable numbers for Weird Science and Weird Fantasy. Far easier to commit resources to reprinting five volumes than twenty-nine.)
    Thank you for the reply that makes a lot of sense, I think that the early volumes were the best.
    Hail Hydra!

Any up coming Hellboy universe omnibus or library editions?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

B.P.R.D. Omnibus Volume 2 TP
    Mike Mignola (W/Cover), John Arcudi (W), Guy Davis (A), Karl Moline (A), Dave Stewart (C), Bjarne Hansen (C), and more
    On sale Oct 19
    FC, 480 pages
    $29.99
    TP, 7" x 10"
    In 2001, Hellboy quit the B.P.R.D., leaving its roster of special agents to defend the world from any occult threats, and the growing menace of the frog army. Now their adventures are collected in one continuous saga, following the exploits of Abe Sapien, Liz Sherman, Roger the Homunculus, Johann Krauss, Kate Corrigan, Ashley Strode, and many more from the war on frogs through the end of Ragna Rok. This second volume includes deeper explorations of Abe Sapien's origins, the Black Flame, and the introduction of more key characters!
    • B.P.R.D.: Born Again, B.P.R.D.: Revival, B.P.R.D.: The Dead, B.P.R.D.: War on Frogs, and B.P.R.D.: The Black Flame.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Hellboy: Weird Tales TP
    Mike Mignola (W/A/Cover), John Arcudi (W), Jill Thompson (W), Evan Dorkin (A), Craig Thompson (A), Guy Davis (A), Eric Powell (A), P. Craig Russell (A), Dave Stewart (C), and many more
    On sale Oct 26
    FC, 248 pages
    $24.99
    TP, 7" x 10"
    Some of the best writers and artists in comics team up to present stories of giant bats, demon children, jetpacks, haunted circuses, and rusted out spaceships. It's old-fashioned pulp fun featuring one of the greatest heroes of modern comics.
    Join Hellboy creator Mike Mignola and a slew of talented collaborators for this spooky selection of truly weird tales, collected for the first time in paperback!
    • Collects Hellboy: Weird Tales volumes 1 & 2 for the first time in paperback.